• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I love how everyone keeps techs/skills to themselves. Especially IC's. It takes two to improve. i don't care what you say, but that's how it is. if you find something out. tell someone, then they will have an idea to spark and probably find a better way to apply it.
IDK. smash is becoming more a chore for me than a hobby because of these reasons.
No one is really willing to help.
To be fair, I have found the IC community helpful to people once everyone realizes that they're past the "I don't know why my chain grab isn't working" stage of understanding the Ice Climber techs. For the most part, I'm doing my best to help all newcomers move past the point of "how do I desync?"' to "why should I use that desync in this specific situation when doing this desync is clearly a superior alternative due to frame advantage/spacing?".

Minus my desync/antidesync metametagame beef that I've explained to everyone that will listen, I've seen pretty interesting and substantial metagame debate. Especially in the IC skype chat. You should read back the last month and see some of the stuff EAsensei and I have been coming up with. (i.e. way more practical stuff than our current music project, search dsg haha. Enda pointed out some fairly useful derivatives of it that's like faux - wave dashing just today.)

That's just my take on it at least. Your's is obviously different, but you're entitled to it.

r3d d09

Smash Master
yes, they'll talk to you about other tech stuff. but all the really good players, have one thing they don't want others to know. true story.
Cheese and i talk dirty secrets all the time, well use to. nonetheless. there is info known that is being held back.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Good job to lain and SG.

SG beat some really good players (Gnes in pools, Co18/Shadow in bracket etc) but then lost to inui twice, as well as losing to jerm :/. A lot of IC players seem to be inconsistent like this.

Good stuff though, get better against MK SG :) and TL. Jerm has a lot of IC's experience from me and smoom but the last few times I've played Jerm in tournament and money matches I've won. I don't know if I would have beaten shadow though and I def can't beat Gnes so good stuff :).
I actually have problems with TL myself. I think the matchup is honestly in TLs favor. And Inui seemed to have stepped it up at that tourney. Also I hope Meep decides to still play.

ic's kinda suck.

falcon ic's is 50-50 imho.
Man because that obv means ICs are terrible.

yes, they'll talk to you about other tech stuff. but all the really good players, have one thing they don't want others to know. true story.
Cheese and i talk dirty secrets all the time, well use to. nonetheless. there is info known that is being held back.
This. Let all be known for the sake of our favorite character.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I tell everyone everything >_>.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I don't think it's in his favor, you just have know their tricks, be able to predict them, and know when they'll throw their bombs (part of predicting, but really big part cause it combos into other stuff often which gets most of our damage).

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman

I tell everyone everything >_>.
thats why.

jk, texas. you're a pretty cool guy. you tell ic's ur secrets and don't afraid of anything. <3

btw if I find something new that may be pretty useful I first discuss it with SG and so on. And if it's approved by them I publish the information (for example in my thread 'tricks and techniques')

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
al still play brawl im just not gonna go to tournies for a good while, because i really need to find a job and i will most likely work weekends. Im still down for playing brawl if i have free time.

Did bad at apex and i needa put more faith in my fox.
Just so you know because meep doesn't post in here all too often.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I'm talking to the big name ic's. lain atomsk, meep, NJ. they have stuff that they aren't telling us. haha.

and I have tl in my state that i beat 99% of the time. normally it comes way close. but last time i played him. i hard 2 stocked him. learn their routine. they all have a routine. punish it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm talking to the big name ic's. lain atomsk, meep, NJ. they have stuff that they aren't telling us. haha.

and I have tl in my state that i beat 99% of the time. normally it comes way close. but last time i played him. i hard 2 stocked him. learn their routine. they all have a routine. punish it.
They don't really have secrets, they're just smart.

Prawn

Smash Master
not true vex there are some secrets

hell i like to think i do/know stuff almost everyone else doesnt >_<

j/k my icies suck.

back to quitting!

Sieguest

Smash Master
O________O Taking a day and a half break from smashboards just to see the last few pages.

Insane amounts of lol.
Insane amounts of my last username.
Insane amounts of insanity.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Insane amounts of people dittoing my sentence structure. o.o

This now makes this page awesome.

Sad day Red. :( Is your car not going to be ready in time or something?

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
so im going to play with ICs for the first time in tournament on saturday. wish me luck

Prawn

Smash Master
tell me how future never logs onto aim :[ i just wanna talk to my midwest pal

Sieguest

Smash Master
Nah mah boi. Better win that money like DEHF. o.o

Insane amounts of shenanigans on these boards. Joe_Cool and JoeCool33 trying to pull mindgames. O_O

Top Bottom