• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Teh Future

Smash Master
I timed out a spamus with jigglypuff.

:D

also footstool combos do not work.

simple as dat. dont try them lol.

unless you are off the ledge I guess but with ics that usually results in one of them missing and then you die.

cool character

lain

Smash Master
I am aware that you can buffer a jump after the uair at low-mid% to ONLY make nana jump (and footstool), but doing it that way is MUCH more difficult and unreliable. Most of the time Nana will just jump since she wasn't close enough. However, if you uair into someone, and follow their di either left or right and mash jump, you almost ALWAYS get the footstool using both climbers.

Yes, the desynced nana one is like 10000x better, but there's no way afaik to reliably do it.

I find the best way is to just do the footstool, and then get one of the climbers to do a sideb into the footstooled opponent, however I don't know how to make ONLY one of them do it 100% of the time.

Also, low-mid%, if you uair someone through a platform, desync land with nana blizzard, goes into grab most of the time. This works if you hit them with the middleish part of your IC's during the uair hitbox, because then they'll be hitstun long enough and close enough to you for the blizzard to catch them right afterwards.

If you hit them with like the tip of your hammer or top of whatever, then they're that much more further from you, allowing more time to recover from hitstun before falling into a blizzard or etc.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lain, get skype nagger.

And on the uair footstool, you can reliably get nana to footstool if you buffer it in like a normal hitstun desynch.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i just got done watching that match. it was super close. that stage is definitely a CP for pit. so is halberd to some extent. you're only real hope is to win the first match and then if they beat you second you CP one of those (brinstar may work too?) and demolish there. though, as GIMR showed, ICs can still play well on those stages too, so it really comes down to *sigh* run away, shoot arrows, and try to gimp/time them out. this is a dumb game....

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Haha probably a good edit vex XP
I kinda like superjail though. So much violence in an animated show you can't help but like it lmao

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
i just got done watching that match. it was super close. that stage is definitely a CP for pit. so is halberd to some extent. you're only real hope is to win the first match and then if they beat you second you CP one of those (brinstar may work too?) and demolish there. though, as GIMR showed, ICs can still play well on those stages too, so it really comes down to *sigh* run away, shoot arrows, and try to gimp/time them out. this is a dumb game....
I'm really bad vs IC's lol.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I'm really bad vs IC's lol.
kill nana. shoot arrows/run away from sopo to build damage. try to gimp, cover both sides to avoid roll -> punish. our ring will reflect blizzard/ice blocks, but it has a lot of lag. arrows can be stopped by well timed ice blocks as well as get stopped by shields. you can try mixing up your arrow trajectory to screw with PSing. shield can work as a less-laggy ring for reflecting, but it still leaves you pretty open.

pretty much, if you split them up, go for nana. once nana is dead, just play safe/don't rush in/wait for a mistake.

swordgard

Smash Hero
kill nana. shoot arrows/run away from sopo to build damage. try to gimp, cover both sides to avoid roll -> punish. our ring will reflect blizzard/ice blocks, but it has a lot of lag. arrows can be stopped by well timed ice blocks as well as get stopped by shields. you can try mixing up your arrow trajectory to screw with PSing. shield can work as a less-laggy ring for reflecting, but it still leaves you pretty open.

pretty much, if you split them up, go for nana. once nana is dead, just play safe/don't rush in/wait for a mistake.
How does pit kill nana again?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
ICs are really dumb. I have trouble in this matchup myself. All I do is glide back and forth and shoot arrows. Then space really well w/ Fairs and full-hopped Dairs. I mean that's all I've seen Masashi do.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
ICs are really dumb. I have trouble in this matchup myself. All I do is glide back and forth and shoot arrows. Then space really well w/ Fairs and full-hopped Dairs. I mean that's all I've seen Masashi do.
It's all you can safely do, if you manage to land that upair, you can probably kill nana off from the seperation, but good luck landing it.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Also, low-mid%, if you uair someone through a platform, desync land with nana blizzard, goes into grab most of the time. This works if you hit them with the middleish part of your IC's during the uair hitbox, because then they'll be hitstun long enough and close enough to you for the blizzard to catch them right afterwards.

If you hit them with like the tip of your hammer or top of whatever, then they're that much more further from you, allowing more time to recover from hitstun before falling into a blizzard or etc.
I too have found the uair to single footstool unreliable, but the u-air to blizzard to grab works quite nicely as long as you upair with the ic's middrift. Practicing these things you mentioned really expanded my game...I realized that I haven't been doing hitlag desynchs, and they help a lot. I am getting really slick at ftilt-iceblock-grab...it often gets me a grab, even if they do tech/don't trip.

Thank you lain.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm going to see it with a date tomorrow. should be fun. movie has been hyped by everybody thats seen it so far...

the last airbender on the other hand.... lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
Anyone here has gunnar glasses and can tell me whether they are worth buying? I usually have bad eye problems by the end of tournaments and was wondering if i should shell out some $ for that.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Jem uses them and he says that they make his eyes feel way better

Zerostar (diddy kong from my state) also uses them and he says that they make it so he can see more precise movement or something

iono though, they dont let me wear their glasses

Teh Future

Smash Master
I didn't know inception was out yet D:

looks aaamazing though, def need to see it.

all the movies that director has made so far have been iiiiiincredible (don't remember his name right now lol)

Top Bottom