• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Kack ****** in the them doubles. :D
IC players just seem to be in a slump in singles. o.o Letting all the dumb stuff get us. :(
Pull out of it! Next time tell yourself, "I'm going to make it happen" and make it happen.
/crappy pep talk.

Same with future. o.o
Smoom has green in his eyes.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Basically, the ultimate goal for me is to make money in an event. It's never happened, and I doubt it will happen for a few years until older, better players leave.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Welp guys. :| I did kinda bad D:
I got 13th in singles.
But atleast I got 2nd in doubles. :)

In singles I lost to this MK named Foxy. I think I was off my game or something, because even he agreed that he thought I should've won. Idk, I just didn't seem to do very well. 1st match I barely lost. He gimped me alot. Second match I 2 stocked him. then the last match I went MK because he CP'd rainbow cruise and he beat me with about 50%. D:
learn to play ICs on RC, it is def not a bad stage for us depending on the matchup, and mk is one that I think we can play ICs on with a fairly even matchup.

Overall though, I'm alittle upset, but I did have a wonderful time. Most of the people were really cool and I had alot of laughs. 2nd in doubles was also nice. Also, I don't think ROB is all that hard anymore, ledge camping really shouldn't work with him against IC's. I actually found out it's pretty easy to beat.
yes that is the best part about tournaments. Also you are right, ICs beat ROB pretty solidly I believe.

also good job in doubles!

something I forgot to post:

MLG rules are terrible for us.

neutrals are not bad at all, especially with the way stage striking works (first person does 3 then 4 then 1)

but the couterpicks **** us over. Both the sets I lost I feel like I could have easily won on RC if I was forced there. But I have never really played on Norfair so I was using my ban on that and was forced to play on brinstar where I have never used ICs before. I have never really felt like my opponents have gotten a "free" win on me before with counterpicks, but I definitely felt it this tournament.

I guess it is time to practice on norfair, because I am horrible on brinstar and I think it is worse for ICs

swordgard

Smash Hero
Kack ****** in the them doubles. :D
IC players just seem to be in a slump in singles. o.o Letting all the dumb stuff get us. :(
Pull out of it! Next time tell yourself, "I'm going to make it happen" and make it happen.
/crappy pep talk.

Same with future. o.o
Smoom has green in his eyes.
Eh, I am out of my singles slump. Happened once, then its done. Getting closer and closer to beating that **** flying bat XD

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah Future, we'll get better together. And maybe I'll learn to troll like you.

Smoom-I only got 17$ Lol. But I payed 15$ for the tourney, so it's whatevs :3

Sieguest

Smash Master
Eh, I am out of my singles slump. Happened once, then its done. Getting closer and closer to beating that **** flying bat XD
That's what I'm talking about.
MAKE IT HAPPEN! :088:

Yeah Future, we'll get better together. And maybe I'll learn to troll like you.

Smoom-I only got 17$ Lol. But I payed 15$ for the tourney, so it's whatevs :3
lul two buck profit. too good.

troll like future?-neva gunna happen. future too good. Give up now.

Prawn

Smash Master
lol step up your singles game

ive won at least a few hundred off brawl

but i've probably lost money in the long run

edit: that being said ive never placed in the money at an important event with tons of talent

Teh Future

Smash Master
mk too good......when you kill yourself every stock.....

no joke lol

I irl trolled fino tho cause hes a **** anyways and he lost to ike (TWICE!!!!!!!!) lol get ralalalaaallalalaalped fino I hope you name search

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I once won $984 from one tournament (Hobo4)

Man that day was awesome. That also resulted in IC cgs being banned in texas LOL.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
By that he means he name searchs

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yeah, I know you've been here. I just didn't expect anyone to be awake at 2:20 in the morning. o.o (Unless they were in a completely different time zone where it's only 10 or something. =x)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, I know you've been here. I just didn't expect anyone to be awake at 2:20 in the morning. o.o
Haha I'm pretty well known for not sleeping much. The disco room knows at least. Insomnia's a *****.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I haven't been to the disco room since my first premie ran out. But I think I remember that competition you had someone (can't remember who) about who could stay up the longest. lol

lain

Smash Master
Don't spread this info around too much....

So I need some info and testing on a few things, along with your input.

1. Every move on hit (except dair I think) can make you desync provided you buffer the next move for nana. This has led me to discover at low percents uair->nana blizzard->2 or 3 uairs for about 60% damage. You'll understand if you try to do it.

2. You can footstool your opponent from low percents with an uair, di into them, then mash jump. This allows for a free grab provided you get to the ground fast enough and predict right. If you manage to footstool them to a platform, then they really have nowhere to go... and we all know how people just LOVE to jump on platforms.
- I need a better way to guarantee this. The closest I've come is to uair->footstool->breverse an iceblock, which makes nana sideb straight to the ground, into the footstooled enemy for you to grab them. I SERIOUSLY WANT PEOPLE TO TEST THIS **** AND FIGURE OUT A BETTER WAY IF THERE IS ONE.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman

1. Every move on hit (except dair I think) can make you desync provided you buffer the next move for nana. This has led me to discover at low percents uair->nana blizzard->2 or 3 uairs for about 60% damage. You'll understand if you try to do it.

2. You can footstool your opponent from low percents with an uair, di into them, then mash jump. This allows for a free grab provided you get to the ground fast enough and predict right. If you manage to footstool them to a platform, then they really have nowhere to go... and we all know how people just LOVE to jump on platforms.
- I need a better way to guarantee this. The closest I've come is to uair->footstool->breverse an iceblock, which makes nana sideb straight to the ground, into the footstooled enemy for you to grab them. I SERIOUSLY WANT PEOPLE TO TEST THIS **** AND FIGURE OUT A BETTER WAY IF THERE IS ONE.

And what else could I do? So I said, "I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO!"

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain you can hitlag desynch from uair and have nana footstool them into IB for a regrab at low to mid %'s. Also at low to mid %'s hitlag desynch from full hop uair into fast fall nair and it combos into grab most of the time. You can almost always get free grabs if you jab their shield and do the hitlag desynch to grab while you are jabbing. This also applys to any time you hit them with jab and they don't SDI away.

Haven't tried the blizzard thing yet.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Will do boss!

ch33s3

Smash Lord

1. Yes, I've been doing something similar for a while, it's great, especially on heavies, and on MK if you have a platform to land on to reset your jump string.

2. If you get the footstool and you know how to do the GFSC, just do that, and time it so only one climber blocks and you'll get the grab. It's hard, but I've done it a few times. You have to hold down the whole time except when you input the ice block so the other climber fast falls.

Top Bottom