• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Teh Future

Smash Master
50% of mdva can do what ally can not ooloololollolololooolol

inb4 ally did not use snake/sandbagging in winners.

maybe not tho, meep is still prob legit. mdva just knows how to fight ics and i dont think they are that good once you understand the matchup for most characters :D

Anyways I am currently listening to Fischerspooner. <3 it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
50% of mdva can do what ally can not ooloololollolololooolol

inb4 ally did not use snake/sandbagging in winners.

maybe not tho, meep is still prob legit. mdva just knows how to fight ics and i dont think they are that good once you understand the matchup for most characters :D

Anyways I am currently listening to Fischerspooner. <3 it.
I dunnow, usually ally wins by a large margin against most of MDVA but almost lost to chu and lost to meep, and lost to ADHD. I think meep really improved due to fox, and did some new stuff that allowed him to beat ally.On the other hand, I think Ally needs to stop ****ing around with this "I ain't training anymore" thing or else he might choke at apex and not place that high.

meepxzero

Smash Master
yea i learned to punish better playing fox since hes a character that has to always look for openings and camp the entire game, but i didnt practice cging/desynching this tourney which cost me the rest of the tourney :(

Dropped grabs and desynches.... This character is such high matainance its really not worth it. Sorry im in a pretty emo mood because I had a really good chance at winning this.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
D: It's okay Meep. I hope you decide to stick with IC's, but if you like Fox better, do what you feel is best.

meepxzero

Smash Master
al stick with icies. I really dunno how long im gonna continue to play this game. By the time i ever get my fox in par with icies id move on from this game.

Theres nothing left in the icies meta game besides desynching, but even t hat can get camped hard. I learned a lot from TKD about making ur opponent commit to punishable attacks just by making them be in uncomfortable situations and that kinda stuff from the fox boards.

I feel that is pretty big game for icies if you can scare ur opponent into making mistakes. Icies walk isnt great but you can react better by walking around just for an fyi.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I dunnow, usually ally wins by a large margin against most of MDVA but almost lost to chu and lost to meep, and lost to ADHD. I think meep really improved due to fox, and did some new stuff that allowed him to beat ally.On the other hand, I think Ally needs to stop ****ing around with this "I ain't training anymore" thing or else he might choke at apex and not place that high.
Also to note he almost lost to P~S / Logic, game 3, high percentage (like each one move away), last stock. Great clutch gimp by Ally, kinda P~S poor last minute decision making plus that random grenade in the air forcing that decision.

And I know exactly what meep is saying. With a character as powerful as IC's just standing next to the opponent can make them react punishably. Fox has a much better cross-up game and walk speed, but climbers can do it too. (ALSO doesn't get camped to death >_> lol)

I also understand why this character is so much work compared to others. I'm not just talking about the CG and tech skill but the limitations in approaching and how every match the opponent is usually aiming to time you out or camp the whole match. Some players know how to approach IC's or at least not drastically change their play style, but others will stay on platforms for 8:00 minutes. (Sometimes this makes it easier but very smart opponents are a lot less punishable) But I personally don't mind that....dropped CG are annoying though =/

So basically IC's metagame game boils down to getting close enough to force your opponent to make punishable decisions. At high level play your opponent really isn't just gonna make a mistake for you to capitalize on, you just got to force the situation. The only other thing to add is to figure out all the amazing uses of hitlag desynchs, but that still requires you to get close enough to hit your opponent (easier said then done sometimes.)

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

I feel that is pretty big game for icies if you can scare ur opponent into making mistakes. Icies walk isnt great but you can react better by walking around just for an fyi.
This is what I'll be looking into myself. Still it will be person to person at how easily they will make punishable mistakes or if they will make punishable mistakes at all.

Also, what happened with the crew battle yo? :( Be real with me.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Also to note he almost lost to P~S / Logic, game 3, high percentage (like each one move away), last stock. Great clutch gimp by Ally, kinda P~S poor last minute decision making plus that random grenade in the air forcing that decision.

And I know exactly what meep is saying. With a character as powerful as IC's just standing next to the opponent can make them react punishably. Fox has a much better cross-up game and walk speed, but climbers can do it too. (ALSO doesn't get camped to death >_> lol)

I also understand why this character is so much work compared to others. I'm not just talking about the CG and tech skill but the limitations in approaching and how every match the opponent is usually aiming to time you out or camp the whole match. Some players know how to approach IC's or at least not drastically change their play style, but others will stay on platforms for 8:00 minutes. (Sometimes this makes it easier but very smart opponents are a lot less punishable) But I personally don't mind that....dropped CG are annoying though =/

So basically IC's metagame game boils down to getting close enough to force your opponent to make punishable decisions. At high level play your opponent really isn't just gonna make a mistake for you to capitalize on, you just got to force the situation. The only other thing to add is to figure out all the amazing uses of hitlag desynchs, but that still requires you to get close enough to hit your opponent (easier said then done sometimes.)
I think ally also pulled off a miracle vs chu at 30 secs left with 40% behind just short of getting 3-0ed.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I think ally also pulled off a miracle vs chu at 30 secs left with 40% behind just short of getting 3-0ed.
That was ridiculous, I personally think chu shouldn't have tried to time out, but I can see why he did. Ally went for the ballsy move, mad respect. Sooooooo close.

Nicole

Smash Champion
god fuggin damit, i missed my grand opportunity 3 pages back, when you f@gs were talkin' about ice climbers' theme songs and having a gay old debate. u guys are teh COOOOOOOOOOLEST :psycho:

OH WELL I'LL TAKE MY TROLLIN' CHANCES ANYWAY. here i wrote a theme song 4 u gaiz/gays. it's called "popo and nana are sad that we play them"

"we are gay wads, we play the ice climbers
we chaingrab people and try to run out the timers
we play a character that forces our opponent to do dumb stuff to avoid our grabs
which we'll probably drop anyway, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLumad?

solo time:
hai cool catz i'm future i play mad gay, i lose to a girl and an olimar all day
hai guys i'm ch33s3 and i'm pretty 1337, i have to go MK to beat a freakin mlg peach
dont forget frozen hobo, red dog, smoom, kack...we all suck and are ****in' whack. :crying:
hi i'm lain i'm high whats happening here? oh, u guys are losers, bye, i see some girls and beer.
hey homos im prawn i'm somehow power ranked, i never win so i have 3 dollers in the bank
hi im hylian i looooooooooooooooooooooove rauleen :love:
STFU HYLIAN LOVE IS 4 GIRLS AND GAYS!!

...oh wait we play ice climbers so we're all gay, hahahahalololololololol*****es"

ice ice baby is a better theme song

edit WTF they edit out "pen15es?"
double edit OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGM i forgot meep GODDDAMMIT you win this one meep, get ralalalaped me. ill be back for you next time!!!!!

Smoom77

Smash Master
I've been going through some old files and I uploaded this little thing I made a while back about platform desyncs. I think we should start using this some. I use it in my game and it's pretty useful when you're running away on a platform. You can make her reverse blizzard but she'll be floating under you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4eeb-v9wY8

Sieguest

Smash Master
LMFAO at that song. xD I swear I put that to a rap beat I just heard not too long ago. xD

@Smoom- Nice. So is it like we can somewhat force people to try and come directly under you or go to the other side and use Popo to get them?

If there are any Christians in here... I hope you've never played or watched Pokemon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdVItTk5UA&feature=related

^@_________________________@
(fyi I'm Christian and I was seriously appalled by this vid.)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I know an example I've used it for. I bait MKs on Halberd by going on the middle platform. From my experience, they'll run under and try to uair or whatever they want to. But I run away, reverse blizzard with Nana only. They'll be the blizzard stun stuff and I can drop through the platform and hit them with a bair or whatever I can get. Maybe if they have bad DI you can get a grab.

Nicole

Smash Champion
psh, last time i mention YOU, smoom, if you just ignore me like a biatch. i didnt even mention ol' sodium chloride up there and he gave me props.

see if i bother making more rhymes for you unappreciative gay wads next time you decide to talk about dumb **** in your gay sd.

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO????????????? omfg. i think i just got negligence *****.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I know an example I've used it for. I bait MKs on Halberd by going on the middle platform. From my experience, they'll run under and try to uair or whatever they want to. But I run away, reverse blizzard with Nana only. They'll be the blizzard stun stuff and I can drop through the platform and hit them with a bair or whatever I can get. Maybe if they have bad DI you can get a grab.
Awesome, something new for me to add to my practice list. So is it basically a backdash desync and you buffer a Nana platform drop->blizzard?
When'd you post?
XD lmao
Poor Nicole getting trolled by negligence. Smoom too good.

Smoom77

Smash Master
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I did it, xD. The differences are very very small between just momentum change blizzards that go OFF the platform completely...well...just a lot of things. Just mess with the timing.

Mostly just dash to edge, and breverse a blizzard real fast. You may need to buffer it, I'm not sure. Again, just mess with the timing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
god fuggin damit, i missed my grand opportunity 3 pages back, when you f@gs were talkin' about ice climbers' theme songs and having a gay old debate. u guys are teh COOOOOOOOOOLEST :psycho:

OH WELL I'LL TAKE MY TROLLIN' CHANCES ANYWAY. here i wrote a theme song 4 u gaiz/gays. it's called "popo and nana are sad that we play them"

"we are gay wads, we play the ice climbers
we chaingrab people and try to run out the timers
we play a character that forces our opponent to do dumb stuff to avoid our grabs
which we'll probably drop anyway, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLumad?

solo time:
hai cool catz i'm future i play mad gay, i lose to a girl and an olimar all day
hai guys i'm ch33s3 and i'm pretty 1337, i have to go MK to beat a freakin mlg peach
dont forget frozen hobo, red dog, smoom, kack...we all suck and are ****in' whack. :crying:
hi i'm lain i'm high whats happening here? oh, u guys are losers, bye, i see some girls and beer.
hey homos im prawn i'm somehow power ranked, i never win so i have 3 dollers in the bank
hi im hylian i looooooooooooooooooooooove rauleen :love:
STFU HYLIAN LOVE IS 4 GIRLS AND GAYS!!

...oh wait we play ice climbers so we're all gay, hahahahalololololololol*****es"

ice ice baby is a better theme song

edit WTF they edit out "pen15es?"
double edit OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGM i forgot meep GODDDAMMIT you win this one meep, get ralalalaped me. ill be back for you next time!!!!!
Wow.

Salty much? Either way, fail troll.

Top Bottom