• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
We should play sometime! Do you have aim?
Lol you would stomp me idk anything about how to play it very well I'm just button mashing lol
I only play it when I get bored of brawl.
But I'll play it with you sometime maybe you can show me some stuff.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Lol you would stomp me idk anything about how to play it very well I'm just button mashing lol
I only play it when I get bored of brawl.
But I'll play it with you sometime maybe you can show me some stuff.
Nah, I've had it since it came out or so but i just picked it up again today. Lulz. You'd probably beat me!

r3d d09

Smash Master
9/48. wrecked everyone in my pools bracket. played some scrub. 2-0'd him. played X, 1-2. I could totally bet X if i wasn't playing on a laggy TV. he was way scared. then played a rob*x's bro who's way good* i got 0-2'd.
I could CG through muscle memory, but not dthrow cg, i use visual cues for that :/

r3d d09

Smash Master
Yeah. pretty bad hd tv's. the people that knew the lag issue were surprised how well i was doing.
it's all muscle memory. i tried to get on the crt tv, but i never had the chance to. I almost played x on it. Oh my. my win against X. he faired me as i was falling to my death under FD... i footstooled him so he died first xD. we couldn't stop laughing.

I had a hard time desyncing :/ i ended up just doing SND f smash, way good against sonic, then follow with a blizzard. first time playing his sonic this year... even though i use to play with him every weekend xD

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Lol I love tournaments somebody always does somthing that makes it rememberable.
I was just asking because I save all of my replays to see how I messed up and try to improve from them afterwards.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So I learned today why you usmash while the other IC is part-way through throwing as opposed to charging it while the opponent is being held by the grab (and not because of the risk of them breaking out lol).

good thing it was in friendlies though.

*watches bonk's vids*
People still can kill with Belay nowadays? Too good.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
So I learned today why you usmash while the other IC is part-way through throwing as opposed to charging it while the opponent is being held by the grab (and not because of the risk of them breaking out lol).

good thing it was in friendlies though.

*watches bonk's vids*
People still can kill with Belay nowadays? Too good.
is it because you can charge the up smash longer and kill at a lower %?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
No, It's because there were a couple of times where I tried to charge usmash kill with nana while I held the opponent with Popo and she'd miss altogether -__-

she didn't move from her position either.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Even a little charge will let you kill earlier than normal. The throw for me makes sure I minimize the amount of time they have to mash out while charging.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I grew up in Chicago so we go visit there sometimes. My deleted post up in poopchat was me looking for the Illinois thread.

Teh Future

Smash Master
i c.

next time you are going check to see if there are tournaments. Chicago hosts them all the time and imma start going to some of them

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Even a little charge will let you kill earlier than normal. The throw for me makes sure I minimize the amount of time they have to mash out while charging.
Idk why but it seems like when popo hits them with a smash there is always knockback unlike when nana does it
So I just throw them to nana and buffer the up smash with popo seems to work well does anybody else do this?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Idk why but it seems like when popo hits them with a smash there is always knockback unlike when nana does it
So I just throw them to nana and buffer the up smash with popo seems to work well does anybody else do this?
thats what i do, because i dont bother charging at all because light characters will die at 110% whether its charged or not

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I always charge it for like a split second just to make sure
It's also fun to hear them mumble and mash faster durring the charge lol

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You're an IC main. You don't understand. You just grab.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If it was, i'd still be here. As an IC main.

Top Bottom