• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY2 is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvL

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to pay a deposit to guarantee a place, caus I really want to go! :)

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I'm thinking about going, is it too late to register? And how much will it cost me to register?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
it'll prob cost around the same as last time

payments for tournament and venue fee and beds will be before the tournament

I'll open that around late jan/early feb

VA

Smash Hero
yeah I know. please don't Ed, let me know what I can do to help. I'm so up for getting hammered at this as well. think of all the fun you'll miss out on :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Is it even possible for you to flake when it's kind of your tournament lol :confused:
Unless im missing some obvious sarcasm.

And I look forward to sign ups and quickly getting on that.

Hopefully there's a good limit since I want a lot of people to come to this like last time.

Kone

Smash Master
No, I mean, I have been contemplating NOT running SNY2. I need to come up with a decision this month as realistically if I go ahead with it we need to open signups start of feb.

There is nothing wrong with the venue Charles. It is easily the best venue out there. Local for me, good transport, large, beds, kitchen, good owner etc. Price wise what is £4 more? if people are prepared to pay 26 they'll pay 30. Also, I ain't hooped if people complain or don't pay the extra. My comment wasn't about not running it for money reasons :s.

There ain't a chance I could be bothered to source another venue. In fact, I have done so through looking for appropriate fieldtrip centres for my school classes. There is a complete lack of them until you hit Gloucester/Wales area.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Kone:
Last SNY was awesome, and no other tournaments in europe are announced apart from SNY2. So it's not like people won't show up, it will be a sucess. 30£ for beds and food are nothing.

Please man, don't let europe down. I know a lot of swedes are looking forward to SNY2 after BEAST, no when they understand how awesome international tournaments are.

SvL

Smash Rookie
this will be awesome please please run it, i got 4 others that would be willing to go

VA

Smash Hero
It's not getting cancelled. Kone may not be interested in hosting it anymore, but that doesn't mean that this is cancelled. Nobody else say the word cancelled or flake ok?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Kone:
Last SNY was awesome, and no other tournaments in europe are announced apart from SNY2. So it's not like people won't show up, it will be a sucess. 30£ for beds and food are nothing.

Please man, don't let europe down. I know a lot of swedes are looking forward to SNY2 after BEAST, no when they understand how awesome international tournaments are.
This.
I have actually already planned my days off work for this tournament :laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
It's not getting cancelled. Kone may not be interested in hosting it anymore, but that doesn't mean that this is cancelled. Nobody else say the word cancelled or flake ok?
Uhm, how does this make any sense? If I don't want to host this anymore then it would be cancelled. The venue is booked in my name under the guarantee of me. This venue is specifically for the use of schools/organsations/youth clubs. Only reason we have it is that me and Kate are teachers and thus they took us on that basis. They remind me of that often :c. Its also all booked legally under my name and I wouldn't transfer it to any of you. I wouldn't want any ties to the event.

Just thought I would make that clear.

Other than that I am likely to still go ahead with this. I will have made my mind up by end of Jan. If it is a yes then signups will start at the beginning of Feb.

VA

Smash Hero
Oh ****, my bad. I thought you said somehwere that you might be interested in not running it be it could still go ahead. Soz bbz.

in that case, you HAVE TO RUN IT.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I think the tournament should run. Mainly because it'll be my first, but also because a lot of people are willing to go.

I have actually already planned my days off work for this tournament :laugh:
You sure are one dedicated smasher :p

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah but I lost it for being inactive. Don't have the time for it. Oh well.

I have fully completed the paperwork on this event. Thus, this is going ahead. Ill speak to Charles and work out an appropriate pricing for the event (to cover costs fully as last year we both lost money and had to dimish pot aswell). We want to avoid this at this event.

Ed

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
I really don't care how much this will cost, even 50 pound is nothing for like 3 nights housing at the venue and food. (at least my holidays are usually much more expensive)

Life isn't free biatches.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Look at how much big US tournaments cost. Sure they are cheaper in the beginning, but people wait till the very end when it's expensive. Plus travelling is way more expensive there.
Set the entrance at <50£ and people will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom