• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY2 is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Hopefully, I will be there, though I can't say for certain...but glad it's running. Hope everyone has a good time.

Kone

Smash Master
I no longer want involvement within this community. Close this thread. I am done with melee.

Thankyou for everyone I have met. Good luck.

Ed x

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Just spoke to Kone, he's definitely not doing this anymore and he doesn't seem to wanna change his mind. I'm not gonna bother debating because its his choice

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its not possible man, kone wants to get rid of those t.vs somehow and there'll be no housing pre tourney in birmingham

I would love to but it isnt gonna happen, unless we find a venue that can suit our needs and find a place close to find t.vs

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
already asked, asking neoempire too

I'm gonna try figure a way to still do SNY2 with the same venue, the only problem is finding a place to store those 31 t.vs + some equipment

Slhoka

Smash Lord
There is no point hosting a tournament you don't want to host, so I respect your choice, Ed.

I just hope you don't have hard feelings toward the community.

Kone

Smash Master
Slhoka - There are no hard feelings towards the community :) never will be. I just can't justify hosting SNY2 anymore. Heart just isn't in it.

Charles - I am afraid you can't use the venue. It is specifically a venue for schools, universities and registered youth groups. The only reason they allowed me to use the venue was that me and Kate are both teachers and were able to prove so through references. I have notified the venue that I am no longer wanting to use it for personal reasons. I won't support any member of the community using the venue as you aren't qualified enough. I will be wanting to use the venue for future activities with my school and don't want my association with the community tampering this in anyway.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
just like to say before any total conclusions Kone is thinking about this still even tho he said already it's doubtful he'll change his mind.

Recently his crew SDB and some of his friends have been talking to him about it since we're all gutted about this outcome, and he's making a final decision.

sorry if this is annoying for people who have made alternate plans for B.E.A.S.T 2 and whatnot, but this is still possible until Kone gives it the flag.

If it takes longer than a week then I'll personally give up cause we really need the signups up early

Session Start (iamcomputermad@hotmail.com:Ed): Fri Feb 25 16:48:10 2011 0000
Ed: sny2 may happen lol
Charles - Fuzzyness: whaaaaaaaaat
Ed: maybe
Ed: people are at mine convincing me to do it
Ed: i may melt
Charles - Fuzzyness: its your choice
Charles - Fuzzyness: right now everyone is pretty gutted
Ed: yeah i think ill talk to everyone tonight at mine
Ed: and make a decision this weekend

Session Start (iamcomputermad@hotmail.com:Ed): Mon Feb 28 21:36:37 2011 0000
Charles - Fuzzyness: hey man
Ed: hi
Charles - Fuzzyness: so whats the plan dude =s
Charles - Fuzzyness: its been a few days
Ed: pondering
Ed: working stuff out now with folks
Charles - Fuzzyness: whos there?
Ed: well just wes
Ed: but talking to sdb on chat
Charles - Fuzzyness: alrighty

leffen

Smash Champion
Us swedes are planning to hold BEA2T the weekend after SNY2 was supposedly going to be hosted, so dont feel any pressure Kone.

Though I would love to go to england and experience a SNY :)

Aniolas

Smash Ace
No one knows if SNY2 will happen. I think I can speak for very many that we really tought it was officially cancelled due to Kones post in this thread.

A lot of the the europeans (all of us?) were really looking forward to SNY2, and it was a disappointinment that it was cancelled. And the fact that we have only had one tournament this year (BEAST, in january) and no other was announced, we felt that it was our duty to step up and host another BEAST during the summer. Because everyone thought SNY2 would happen, many of us have already taking vacation, or making other plans so we wouldn't miss it, we felt that the best date for BEAST II would be around the same time as SNY2.

Now, Kone might change his mind, which puts us in, somewhat awkward position. We still don't know if SNY2 will happen, and we have already booked the BEAST venue.

So we have two scenarios:

1. No SNY2 but BEAST II

- Not much to say about that.

2. BEAST II and SNY2 one week apart.

Is two tournaments in one week to much? It might be, not many will attend to both of them, atleast not people from other countries than Sweden and England perhaps. But, many players in both country doesn't travel much. We have big communities in both Sweden and England, so it still will be two big tournaments. And housing in Sweden won't be a problem, so people can stay a couple of days and then fly directly to England and SNY2.

And the best thing is. We have for such a long time been trying to get the yanks over the pond. Now several europeans have been there, for several tournaments. And if we have two big tournaments one week apart, pretty close to each other (with ryanair it doesn't cost much to fly) we might be able to get some guys from US and A over here.

This might be the best smash summer ever.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I no longer want involvement within this community. Close this thread. I am done with melee.
No offense, especially coming from someone who "quit" a long time ago, but this post, and saying smashers would somehow be "bad" for the intended venue, isn't really what the community wants to hear. Definitely not if you change your mind after a few weeks ;)

If everything seems to turn out fine I'll look into going, but you're not sending out the best of vibes atm ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
SNY2 back on will be amazing since everyone was literally ridiculously looking forward to it....I hope that some of those Americans who got interest from it would still come :)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Is two tournaments in one week to much? It might be, not many will attend to both of them, atleast not people from other countries than Sweden and England perhaps. But, many players in both country doesn't travel much. We have big communities in both Sweden and England, so it still will be two big tournaments. And housing in Sweden won't be a problem, so people can stay a couple of days and then fly directly to England and SNY2.

And the best thing is. We have for such a long time been trying to get the yanks over the pond. Now several europeans have been there, for several tournaments. And if we have two big tournaments one week apart, pretty close to each other (with ryanair it doesn't cost much to fly) we might be able to get some guys from US and A over here.

This might be the best smash summer ever.
Two tournaments in a week did happen with ESA3 and Smack, and it hurt the attendance of both tournaments, even though both of them end up being pretty big.
The context was different, though : it wasn't during summer, and the European community was still trying to mend the consequences of the Epitagate.
Anyway, if both tournament happens... I think I'll attend both of them :)

Helios I found your lost image loooool good times

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s123/GEEK28/Heliownd.jpg

I'll prob end up deleting this post tomorrow but I did it for good times haha

hope you dont hate me after this helios xD
LOL

Edit : I can't believe my 1000th post contains a montage totally real picture of Helios almost naked. No way it could be more awesome :grin:

Kone

Smash Master
I didn't expect Charles to re-open this thread :s. This is not happening. Good luck to BEAST 2. I am just happy there is a large tournament taken SNY's place around the same time.

lol @ Helios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom