• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNES Results + Shoutouts - August 21-23, 2009

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
no

you know what minty

i refuse to believe that you were kidding and will instead hold an angry e-grudge against you

**** you minty

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
We can be besties 4 lief irl! ^_^_^_^_^_^

but on the internet i hate you now go eat a bowl of *****

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
^^^ How do you gimp yoshi bc i sure as hell can't do it
Some characters gimp yoshi a lot easier than others.

For marth it's relatively easy, while for diddy... it doesn't really happen.

EDIT: Plus, most of the gimps were due to me being dumb on the ledge and underestimating Marth's sword range. Footstool gimps on yoshi are very hard to pull off if they mix up their recovery, and don't tend to happen all that often.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
so the melee matches werent recorded ..

teams finals or singles finals , semis and stuff

gay lol

Almo

Smash Ace
my bad...forgot that it wasn't paid in cash since everything was done online so there was no cash. but i could have sworn i heard that they were taking 25% out. idk

and the gimp on yoshi with marth was at 0% to 18% lol. i got lucky with the timing and fsmash tippered his up b and he couldn't recover. some other stupid stuff happened too like i think the first hit of the dancing blade out of his up b. can't exactly remember.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
so we paid 30 venue and had 25% taken from the pot? Awsome
You guys are idiots

They put $2000 in Brawl singles and Melee singles

the pots are much larger then they would have been if they had simply used 100% of the pot

they lost money on this, because they started the pots at $2000

the pots were HUGE for the size of the singles tourneys

I'll admit, im annoyed by reading that people are upset about the 25t% being taken out
I guess it sucks for teams, but all this info was posted on their website prior to the event

Edit: B+ results inc, they may or may not be accurate, i asked alex strife who finished them but he seemed unsure (last few rounds were done on paper)

If they are incorrect, let me know so I can fix them, thanks

1: Ally
2: Guru Kid
3: Ksizzle
4: NinjaLink
5: Snakeee
5: Blackanese
7: Anther
7: Doom
9: M2K
9: Glick
9: Orion
9: TeeVee
13: Naucitos
13: Khanti
13: Dazwa
13: Silven
17: FPhreek3
17: NE Ace
17: Solid Jake
17: D1
17: Orca
17: Chibosempai
17: Andumbrodeus
17: PGN
25: Lawrence Vance
25: Bulblax
25: Noelle Airo
25: Unzorn
25: AKC12

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
...due to lower entrants/entrance fees and splitting the money between the top 6 people (3 teams) rather than 3-4 people as is standard in singles, not due to there being padding to singles and not to teams.

not really saying I'm upset btw, but I do understand why people would be frustrated with doubles payouts being proportionally so much lower than singles.

noodles

Smash Champion
maybe i read wrong. so did the convention people take money from doubles and not singles? the point of my post was that dubs already has a low payout so i dont see why theyd take the money from there. if anything take equal money from both.

edit: looked back at my post and i didnt say as much as i thought i did

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
maybe i read wrong. so did the convention people take money from doubles and not singles? the point of my post was that dubs already has a low payout so i dont see why theyd take the money from there. if anything take equal money from both.

edit: looked back at my post and i didnt say as much as i thought i did
they took 25% from both tourney pots, that's fine.

but then they padded the single's pots with guaranteed money from the convention, and did not add anything like that back into the double's pots.

At least that's my understanding of it, I might be mistaken though.

noodles

Smash Champion
thats fine then. im not sure whether or not doubles was guaranteed anything though. singles was and theyd probably have legal issues if they didnt payout that guaranteed pot.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
thats fine then. im not sure whether or not doubles was guaranteed anything though. singles was and theyd probably have legal issues if they didnt payout that guaranteed pot.
right, I mean, I guess that makes sense if that's how they advertised it. I found the first post of the original tourney thread really hard to read though, so I really didn't pay attention to how it was advertised, but suffice to say that it's kinda silly to pad singles and not doubles (though honestly, I think they would've been better off with no padding and no skimming from the pot, just use convention fee as the venue fee and do 100% of the entrance fees for the pot with no padding necessary).

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
right, I mean, I guess that makes sense if that's how they advertised it. I found the first post of the original tourney thread really hard to read though, so I really didn't pay attention to how it was advertised, but suffice to say that it's kinda silly to pad singles and not doubles (though honestly, I think they would've been better off with no padding and no skimming from the pot, just use convention fee as the venue fee and do 100% of the entrance fees for the pot with no padding necessary).
Appretiatethe feeadback, i will make suggestions for the next gameunicon if it does happen :)

Also for everyone who played brawl + , please let me know if you know for sure if my list is inaccurate, i need to fix the tio file and reupload it on AiB because AiB B+ results are currently incomplete

Thanks for the help

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Remember what I always say about the typical Sonic Board users? Have a look at his character :bee:
:laugh: Jus made my day better

Pretty sure he was talking about the ONE POST ABOVE YOURS THAT ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION.
I looked @ da front page and then...

Posted immediately after that.

SUE ME (IF U CAN)

Now what I am willing 2 read about is this padding of Singles over Doubles. WTF??? Need to finish readin

MaNg0

Smash Hero
... why are u guys arguing about teams

ITS TEAMS??

singles is wheres its at =D

... all tho the teams pot SHOULDNT BE THAT low lol

atleast 400 dollar pot for first or something

hahah

Top Bottom