• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

snakes final smash?

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I knew Snake's FS would have something to do with a 3rd person view shooter. I didn't see the helicopter part coming though. Oh, and thank god the grenades don't seem too destructive.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
That is one preety cool FS, I thought he was flying in that one pic till it said jump:)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Similar to what I thought, but I thought he would use the Davvey Crockett. Then again, that is Big Boss and not Solid Snake. Great FS Sakurai.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I hope you can control the target with the wii-mote if you decided to use it. That just sounds so much more fun.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
...It will be a problem... HIS BUTT WILL! >_<

But it looks awsome, I wonder if online people will be able to see Snake.

test-object

Smash Cadet
This is officially the greatest FS ever. I love it when Final Smashes take effort.
It gives this refreshement to it.

I'll play with Snake a LOT now I know his FS!

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
pfft to all those who just decide to pick up snake after seeing this.

I expected something awesome from the beginning, and this is just too good. I assume it will take some predicting or lead shooting since the grenades probably have a delay of getting to the stage, which will be a nice touch and a lot more satisfying seeing someone run into a nade that you launched ahead in their path.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*Yeah that's right unoriginal, don't believe me go watch "Escape from NY" and say hello to the original Snake
Solid Snake is basically an homeage to the protagonist of that particular movie.

Anyway, I think that this FS is one of the most unique ones that I have seen so far. I like the whole "in your face" perspective and I enjoy blowing things up. This basically proves that Sakurai's creativity knows no bounds.

SilverWolf

Smash Rookie
Snake´s final smash has appeared today on Smash Bros Dojo.
It´s a Grenade Launcher.
He jumps on a helicopter, then starts shooting his enemies.
Cool.

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
I really wish it was the stinger missile or he gets in a metal gear or something.
Of course getting in a metal gear wouldn't be canon, but shooting the stinger missiles instead of the grenade launcher would!

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Seems cool to me. I figured it would be something like that(target and shoot)

XD Once again...Snake got back ._.

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
So... say you get knocked off the level... and you have a Final smash saved up...

Can you double jump, up B, but you can't get back. Can you then perform this smash having the helicopter take you off the map, then peg off some people from the rope latter?

Would it place you back on the map or back over the void you were falling into?

That was my first thought...

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
So... say you get knocked off the level... and you have a Final smash saved up...

Can you double jump, up B, but you can't get back. Can you then perform this smash having the helicopter take you off the map, then peg off some people from the rope latter?

Well if you get smashed off the edge you probibly won't still be holding on to the smash ball. Remember that you can drop it before you use it?

I think this final smash rocks, i just hope that you can't shield or reflect the gernades.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

The startup on a final smash is done on the floor (well for MOST characters).

We can see Snake crouching when he uses the FS, so my guess is you must be on solid ground to start it up.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

We can see Snake crouching when he uses the FS, so my guess is you must be on solid ground to start it up.

courte

Smash Lord

we don't even know if it's most chars yet

Machspeed

Smash Lord
we don't even know if it's most chars yet
Snake's is a startup on the floor, he has to make the call for the helicopter.
Fox's is a startup on the floor, he does a cool pose then jumps upwards.
Peach's is a startup on the floor, she dances around (yes, that cannot be done in mid-air).
Mario has to be stapled to the floor to do his FS, whether it be a ledge or the main ground.
Samus has to be stapled to the floor to do her FS.

I'm sure there's a ton more I'm missing.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I really wish the rope ladder would drop down and he jumped and climbed on that instead of doing some super jump....that isn't Snake at all =(

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I really wish the rope ladder would drop down and he jumped and climbed on that instead of doing some super jump....that isn't Snake at all =(
I have to agree the super jump thing just looks so awkward in a way. Maybe it's just the pic that makes it look weird. Though I wonder how much time he has to use up all his ammo. Hopefully it's a decent amount of time, seeing as most FS's don't last to long anyway.

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree the super jump thing just looks so awkward in a way. Maybe it's just the pic that makes it look weird. Though I wonder how much time he has to use up all his ammo. Hopefully it's a decent amount of time, seeing as most FS's don't last to long anyway.
Who cares if it looks awkward? It rocks! Anyone who laughs at you will get blown up by your gernades very quickly :p

Top Bottom