• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i was at a tournament and there was a pro snake and i saw him use his side-a but it was all twisted... what is it and how can i do it?

IxxI

Smash Fence
LOL. This is weird. I was able to beat a really good DK, Ripple. And then when I play someone who isn't that great I lose. I guess my playstyle is centered towards people who are good. LOL.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
i have a tounament tomorrow so im gonna ask alot of Q's please answer for me.

ok here is the CPs and neutrals.

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

what do i ban for yoshi?

what do i ban and CP for diddy?

what do i ban,CP,and strike for G&W?

what do i CP for TL?

what do i ban,CP,and strike for sonic?

what do i ban and strike for wolf?

what do i ban,CP, and strike for ROB? (and if u can....do i matchup discussion.)

and can if u move shield forward for G&W's turtle will it still shield poke?

sorry for all Q's i really need help.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
thats quite a few questions....

1. never had trouble with a yoshi (and i versed a good one quite a bit) but id go battlefield just because :)

2. defs ban fd, no questions asked. diddy's best stage and not a very good one for snake. cp norfair if your comfortable with it, otherwise good old battlefield will have to do.

3. ban lylat cruise, strike battlefield and pick fd, cause gw is much better with platforms than snake. more than anything, keep grenading (never stop) and you should come out on top.

4. once again, someone ive never had trouble with, so id smashville. relatively low ceiling, small so its hard for him to camp (his projectiles > nades)

5. for sonic ban rc, cp japes if your comfortable (fd if youre not), and i dont think you need to strike anything. just dont approach when he spins, and youll in win

6. id ban halberd, more than anything because i dislike it, but also because he can recover through the stage, and its small-ness helps him kill. cp lylat cruise, cause he suffers from the dodgy edge.

7. luigi's mansion isnt avaliable? lucky you. ban rc, cp brinstar, and i dont think anything deserves a strike. matchup discussion is already in the matchup thread on this one. dont camp, try not to get gimped.

8. try not to get this situation, cause itll normally eat your shield enough to poke you regardless. hold a grenade whenever you think this is coming.

in general, try things out, see what works and what doesnt. this is really how you become a better player. and this way you develop your own style, which is in turn harder for the opponent to defeat anyway. play on stages you like, that you are comfotable with, because your snake will probably be most effect on them anyway. and i hope you dont plan on losing that many times in order to choose that many cps.

good luck!

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
LOL. This is weird. I was able to beat a really good DK, Ripple. And then when I play someone who isn't that great I lose. I guess my playstyle is centered towards people who are good. LOL.
Yuh...you can't expect average players to react the same way as pro players do =P It owned me so much back in the day, but now I just play like a noob and keep doing whatever works if I have to play someone who's not that good.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I actually dislike smashville against a Diddy more than FD. You have no room to work and set up explosives on SV and you get overwhelmed by his bananas. FD gives you room to work. SV is better to ban in this matchup IMO

Panix

Smash Ace
I actually dislike smashville against a Diddy more than FD. You have no room to work and set up explosives on SV and you get overwhelmed by his bananas. FD gives you room to work. SV is better to ban in this matchup IMO
FD diddy can banana lock you across the whole stage ending it with a down smash for 30-40 dmg, At least in smashville you have a platform that can save you =P. and smashville's floating Plat is good because its a nasty set up for a moving c4. IDK its everybody's personal preference i guess. I cant stand BF but love FD. yah know?

I agree with you on SV ken, but I doubt you would really have time to set up anything against diddy on just about any stage. You'd be too busy trying to keep diddy away from the bananas.

It is great that snake gets like the best dash attack canceled upsmash in the game, but has like the worst glide toss.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Ban FD against ROB, try and get BF if it's stage striking, it can even be a counterpick for you. Try to plant your c4 on the two side platforms so he can't camp in that region, learn to powershield the gyro, and if you get your hands on it, just throw it up, and away from ROB but keep it around so he can't get a new one until that one fades. Watch out for his glide toss up smash deal thing, and learn to SDI his down smash.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
Could sheik be a counter for snake? i was playing a friend and every time i tried to grenade drop , one single needle would just blow it up.

Sandst0rm

Smash Cadet
Eh, maybe nade camping is just harder against Sheik. I play some decent sheiks and other than that, there's not much they can do against me.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
OMG GUYS!!!

i already said u cant ban neutrals....u can just make them a CP. and u can only ban CP's

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

so asking the Q again...someone tell me wat to ban for yoshi,diddy, and G&W?

sorry if im confusing u...

EDIT:which way do i SDI out of robs dsmash?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
FD diddy can banana lock you across the whole stage ending it with a down smash for 30-40 dmg, At least in smashville you have a platform that can save you =P. and smashville's floating Plat is good because its a nasty set up for a moving c4. IDK its everybody's personal preference i guess. I cant stand BF but love FD. yah know?
Just learn to use his bananas against him. A diddy really shouldn't be banana locking you across an entire stage anyways.. Just learn how diddy works and what you have to do to avoid it.
I agree with you on SV ken, but I doubt you would really have time to set up anything against diddy on just about any stage. You'd be too busy trying to keep diddy away from the bananas.

It is great that snake gets like the best dash attack canceled upsmash in the game, but has like the worst glide toss.
Trust me, you have plenty of time to set stuff up on FD. It's plenty big for it. Just knock him away, you can even mortar slide backwards if you really think you'll need more time.

I play with an extremely good Diddy on a regular basis, and it seems I fight him every tourney. In tourney, SV is the only stage he has ever beaten me on, and he even two stocked me once. He doesn't come close on FD. On SV, it doesn't matter where you are or where he is- he can hit you with a banana. You have absolutely no room to do anything. That is just my opinion though, take it for what you want.

And for RC, it's really not that bad of a stage. You just can't fight how you normally do. While it may not be one of snake's best stages, it definitely isn't that horrible if you know how to fight on it.

IxxI

Smash Fence
GRRRRR. Sometimes I hate playing Snake because of all the hate that comes with playing a top tier character.

yellowroy

Smash Ace
And for RC, it's really not that bad of a stage. You just can't fight how you normally do. While it may not be one of snake's best stages, it definitely isn't that horrible if you know how to fight on it.
Yeah I know I cp RC alot. It's one of my favorite stages, but I don't know if he plays on it alot, most snakes don't like it.

Just wondering. How viable do you think it is to use platforms for sticking people?

You can jump up and try to stick them because most people I play against seem to get really defensive on them when I am underneath them. And possibly you could stick someone when you are underneath them. Just fall through and then stick.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Just learn to use his bananas against him. A diddy really shouldn't be banana locking you across an entire stage anyways.. Just learn how diddy works and what you have to do to avoid it.
Trust me, you have plenty of time to set stuff up on FD. It's plenty big for it. Just knock him away, you can even mortar slide backwards if you really think you'll need more time.

I play with an extremely good Diddy on a regular basis, and it seems I fight him every tourney. In tourney, SV is the only stage he has ever beaten me on, and he even two stocked me once. He doesn't come close on FD. On SV, it doesn't matter where you are or where he is- he can hit you with a banana. You have absolutely no room to do anything. That is just my opinion though, take it for what you want.

FD gives you the space you need to camp diddy. Its not that hard to play outside the range he can throw nanners and use them against him if he throws it with bad spacing. Think of nanners as a really long attack if anything to avoid..

Besides, diddy cant kill snake...at all. He has enough killing problems as is, he's even weaker than falco.

Didn't someone say the first hit of snakes dair would knock diddy out of his up b and make him die like sonics spring does? That might be useful actually..

napZzz

Smash Hero
Pretty much everything knocks Diddy out of his Up B.
what I was referring to is when you hit diddy with someone that doesn't have knockback. Instead of getting hit back and being able to try and recover again with side b and up b he's left in this weird stun where he just drops.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
FD gives you the space you need to camp diddy. Its not that hard to play outside the range he can throw nanners and use them against him if he throws it with bad spacing. Think of nanners as a really long attack if anything to avoid..

Besides, diddy cant kill snake...at all. He has enough killing problems as is, he's even weaker than falco.

Didn't someone say the first hit of snakes dair would knock diddy out of his up b and make him die like sonics spring does? That might be useful actually..
QFT.

On the dair part though, I think it would be hard to hit diddy with the beginning of the dair and still live. I've never tried it, but it seems like the diddy I play is usually recovering in a spot it that it would be hard to hit with dair. I guess I'll try it on him today and see what happens. Also, his bananas have the same effect. You can just through a banana at him in his up-b and he's basically dead.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
They never do a roll to snake dash in that video...

Anyways, just roll>drop your shield>Snake dash.
ah i see, it just looked like he was. Don't know how he's doing it so quickly that you don't even see him start his dash half the time. I'm using the wiichuck and everytime if i don't see him start his dash before hitting down on the pad, i just end up planting a mine...

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ok well i got 8-10 in the tourny i went to....wouldve gotten farther if it wasnt for turtle lol
(turtle is NE's best diddy)

but can u guys give me a matchup discussion on marth? what i should do what i shouldnt

wat stages to ban/CP/strike?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
What's Snake's best out of shield option? And how do you deal with a Peach floating above your up tilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom