• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake players.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Before I continue reading this thread any further I would like to say that for the moment my Snake is an absolute piece of **** :):):):) (maybe not THAT bad, but I don't play him consistently enough, as fun as he is, to get at least decent with him. It's mainly due to my lack of drive to play another character other than MK since at the moment I'm not really traveling to tournies consistently... hopefully by the winter that'll start to happen since I'll be car-searching by then)

Also, I've learned good things from Chops, but I feel more like an apprentice of Seibrik tbh. He's (Seibrik) helped contribute to some of my most significant improvements over the seasons. I suppose it has mainly to do with that I never played Chops quite enough, I guess. (I've done seriouslie sessions with him about 2-3 times and learned some good pointers over AIM which I've saved)

OverLade

Smash Hero
redhalberd

players not on ur level?

fix that

make them on ur level by TEACHING them, not ****** them. that's the mistake i used to make.

when i got back from, i think it was pound4, i started to teach players, and all of a sudden, they started taking one out of three matches from me consistantly, making the other two matches i win a struggle and close.

players i feel i've taught and made a difference with since pound:
snipa
nickriddle
esam
masky
xaltis?
master raven
tekk

i started giving them pointers of what i do to other peoples habits, what i look for, how i punish, and how they could be better punishing me, then i proceed to yell at them everytime i got away with something i shouldn't have, or when they're not covering enough of my options often enough.

for example

playing nickriddle friday, everytime he backthrew me off the stage he would forward b, i would just jump over his head every time, dair space, nado recover ect.

every time

his logic was he's controlling my space, and making sure i recover a certain way

what he should have been doing, punishing the fact that i initially jumped after his backthrow, that i did every time, make it a bad habit so then when i don't do it , i actually start positioning myself to possibly get hit by those forward b's he loves throwing out so much

/end rant
Yeah I've been here, done that. If the rest of tampa was available to play more often my region would be better but outside of Ed everyone else is pretty flaky (including myself). And aside from that nobody uses characters that will help me practice for tourneys outside a few.

And I'm not interested in people who aren't willing to learn, which is a lot of people in tampa. Most people prefer to just do their own thing, so I roll with that. When the smash club opens up next semester at USF and I have fresh minds to work with I'll teach them from scratch.

Hey, I can hang with everyone you listed Mr. Ladebird. Sup mang? Lol
I didn't say anything about that, but you use Zelda and Sheik, two characters that nobody else really uses (or knows how to use as well as you do). Im trying to be a **** because people can and should use whatever characters they want, I'm just saying I dont get any new or useful matchup experience playing with tampa outside of my brother using Diddy and Snake.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i love how. the op is a complete and obvious troll. and nobody noticed because afro is an even better / less obvious troll. lmfao

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
ha leave it to a troll to point out another
afro is a troll masquerading as a manly man who mains snake so it's alright.

$....$

Smash Rookie
redhalberd

players not on ur level?

fix that

make them on ur level by TEACHING them, not ****** them. that's the mistake i used to make.

when i got back from, i think it was pound4, i started to teach players, and all of a sudden, they started taking one out of three matches from me consistantly, making the other two matches i win a struggle and close.

players i feel i've taught and made a difference with since pound:
snipa
nickriddle
esam
masky
xaltis?
master raven
tekk

i started giving them pointers of what i do to other peoples habits, what i look for, how i punish, and how they could be better punishing me, then i proceed to yell at them everytime i got away with something i shouldn't have, or when they're not covering enough of my options often enough.

for example

playing nickriddle friday, everytime he backthrew me off the stage he would forward b, i would just jump over his head every time, dair space, nado recover ect.

every time

his logic was he's controlling my space, and making sure i recover a certain way

what he should have been doing, punishing the fact that i initially jumped after his backthrow, that i did every time, make it a bad habit so then when i don't do it , i actually start positioning myself to possibly get hit by those forward b's he loves throwing out so much

/end rant
lolz datz cool always good 2 learn from a good player

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
i love how. the op is a complete and obvious troll. and nobody noticed because afro is an even better / less obvious troll. lmfao
The thing is that OP is not a troll. I know him IRL and I told him to ask other people besides me all the time for advice on getting better as Snake.

Underload

Lazy
I'm here to moderate discussion, not stifle it completely. Flame all you want. It's kind of fun to watch. I mean really, report ****ty posts if you want, I'll find them within the day and infract where necessary. Sure as hell makes my job easier.

napZzz

Smash Hero
about 5 pages of this thread is trolling and flaming

I think that warrants for it to be closed, or should've been.

W/e dont argue it in this thread, just close it or take it to a pm if it really matters LOL

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
@Orion*: I'm sorry if I didn't explain in further detail but his writing style is definitely janky so it seems like he's trolling. He's just a beginner level player that just wants advice. I didn't want to be bothered by all of his questions because he kept asking the smallest questions like "Why would you throw a grenade at a slope on Halberd or Frigate?"

I feel like I have partial responsibility to the way the thread turned out because it was my idea for him to ask you guys instead. Neither of us had the intention for it to turn out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom