• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snack Food Tier Discussion- Hershey Kiss

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I think chocolate raisins (Raisinettes or Sunmaid, either) should be in the top tier.... they sell a LOT, and they can be taken anywhere. You can eat them chilled or unchilled...mmm.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Haven't gone through the entire thread, but the original list lacks Peanut M'n'Ms. And that's a crime.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If anyone here has had buffalo flavor Hunky Dorys they know they would be top tier material.

To bad im pretty sure you can only get them in Ireland.

Nutella chocolate/hazelnut spread is definitly high tier too.

Apple pie cookies are seriously good too.(upper mid may be even low on the high)

I really hope you guys have these in America too cuz if you dont you ae seriously missing out!

BTW big yes to peanut M&M's.

Amide

Smash Lord
Seriously, raise popcorn up. This is ridiculous, popcorn is like crack. Get a good brand of popcorn. Pop it. Take a bite. You won't stop.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sunflower seeds?
chips and salsa?
fresh fruit?

seriously, you leave off ALL the good snacks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol Rice Cakes as a snack food? Give me Rice Crispies and we have a deal.

Doritos are only at the top cause Colbert promotes them so d*** well. And no one says no to Colbert. Ever.

Grunt

Smash Master
I'VE GOT IT!

We're going about this all wrong.
Tier lists are all about tournament data and matchups right?
well, we can no longer spew random foods into tier, but look at each products sales.
We also have to look at different localized sales reports, because results could be level region dependent, thus giving us match ups to base the list around. taste is subjective, so whether you like the taste or not, certain foods must be higher tiered than others. I don't care if you love rice cakes or bran muffins, or that you think Doritos advertising methods are "cheap", the results are ultimately what is counted. Also, if you disagree, the earlier joined members will flame you to no end because of your lack of facts to back up such claims.

So really, this list is complete bogus until I see some sales charts / consumer reports.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
I'VE GOT IT!

We're going about this all wrong.
Tier lists are all about tournament data and matchups right?
well, we can no longer spew random foods into tier, but look at each products sales.
We also have to look at different localized sales reports, because results could be level region dependent, thus giving us match ups to base the list around. taste is subjective, so whether you like the taste or not, certain foods must be higher tiered than others. I don't care if you love rice cakes or bran muffins, or that you think Doritos advertising methods are "cheap", the results are ultimately what is counted. Also, if you disagree, the earlier joined members will flame you to no end because of your lack of facts to back up such claims.

So really, this list is complete bogus until I see some sales charts / consumer reports.
I fart in your general direction. Snack food is 99% taste!

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
But, to be honest, the list is getting fairly crowded- It probably could use a litte sorting out.
Nuttella is a spread right? Do people just eat that plain or what? If not it should be taken out, same with Peanut Butter. As much as I'm tempted to (sometimes) eat a jar of peanut butter by itself, it's just not going to happen.

Not that snack food can't be spreadable, but I think it's a stretch. If not I put real butter for top.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
OMG! EWWW! Salt and Vinegar! Disgusting! Plain Chips > Vinegar Chips. Seriously, I thought only old people ate that variety... YUCK!

Apples and Strawberries are high tier.

Also, I'm strange, but I've been eating this even before I can remember. I suppose I was 2 or 3 at the time, but I have horrible memory of anything that happened below 10 years old.

Screw jelly. I grew up on this stuff. Cheetos > Jelly.

When I found that people had marketed cheese and peanut butter crackers I almost filed a lawsuit, but I settled on eating the crackers.

Peanut Butter Cheetoh sandwiches for GOD tier.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
OMG! EWWW! Salt and Vinegar! Disgusting! Plain Chips > Vinegar Chips. Seriously, I thought only old people ate that variety... YUCK!

Apples and Strawberries are high tier.

Also, I'm strange, but I've been eating this even before I can remember. I suppose I was 2 or 3 at the time, but I have horrible memory of anything that happened below 10 years old.

Screw jelly. I grew up on this stuff. Cheetos > Jelly.

When I found that people had marketed cheese and peanut butter crackers I almost filed a lawsuit, but I settled on eating the crackers.

Peanut Butter Cheetoh sandwiches for GOD tier.
They look manky :laugh: OREOS FTW

D13

Smash Ace
kainsword has got the right idea about the crackers, but I dunno about a peanut butter and Cheatos sandwich. :X I guess I could try it sometime. I also love Doritos.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Nuttella is a spread right? Do people just eat that plain or what? If not it should be taken out, same with Peanut Butter. As much as I'm tempted to (sometimes) eat a jar of peanut butter by itself, it's just not going to happen.

Not that snack food can't be spreadable, but I think it's a stretch. If not I put real butter for top.
It's a spread, but plenty (or at least plenty of people I know :dizzy:) have eaten it plain, or in Ice Cream, on cake, bread, etc. etc. The same goes for Peanut Butter. I think they both should qualify to be on the list. They're really diverse and can turn almost anything into a "snack" despite how un-snacky that thing may appear.

Looking at other things on the list like Cookie Dough, and Marshmallows...people don't generally eat them alone or plain, but that doesn't mean people don't or can't.

Just my opinion. >_>

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
My Grandmas Nachos for God tier..Srsly, there amazing, lotz better than any regular Nachos...Almost as amazing as Falcons Falcon PAWNCH!!

Other than that Nutella, Cookie Dough, an Blueberries for top tier

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Alright, too much stuff. Discuss the hard pretzel. Go nuts.
I've never really liked pretzels, but they do taste okay on occasion. They've always left a bad taste in my mouth. Mid-to-low tier.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I agree with most of this list, however I like some of the things that are low. I do agree with Top Tier though. Pringles FTW, and Doritos Cool Ranch FTW. I wish popcorn were higher though... heavily buttered popcorn wins.

Also, I don't like hard pretzels very much. If they have a lot of salt, they're great, but they should be low if they're the regulars.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
hard pretzels for low tier. eating just a few is ok, but they're too dry and plain to really snack on

oh, and, cashews for god tier

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
We are currently not at liberty to divulge that in
Hard pretzels, you say? I'd give that an average snack-ability rating; they taste decent, aren't particularly addicting, and generally are too dry to binge on without water. However, if a beverage is present, they have a pleasent, crunchy texture, and the flavor is dull enough that it won't wear out on your taste buds. Both of these can lead to a good snack, but the bland flavor does more harm than help in the end. because of that I'm going to have to give hard pretzels a rating of:
LOW-MID/MID.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Doritos on the top? What?!

Anyways, I'll just change around the OP's list to be my personal list.

Sour Candy
Beef Jerky (Or any meat; not just Beef)
Salt and Vinegar Chips
Ice Cream (as long as it's the right flavour...)
Cookie Dough
Cinnamon Buns
Baked Chips (Crispers Anyone?)
CHOCOLATE COVERED HARD PRETZELS (salt intact)

High
Nutella on a Croissant
Doughnuts
Oreos
Spicy Cashews
Goldfish
Pickled Eggs
Pickled Sardines
Sour Nibs
Pringles (depends on flavour)

Upper Middle
Bananas
Apples
BlueBerries
Starbursts
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Movie Theatre Popcorn
Peanut Butter on toast
Cinnamon + Sugar + Butter on Toast (try it!)

Middle
Gummy Worms (I've had too many; sick of them now.)
Eggs (Depends how you make em')
Fritos
Poutine (Not my favorite but opinions are vast)
Nachos and Cheese

Lower Middle
Melon
Dried Fruit
Popcorn
Doritos

Low
Poptarts
Cheese-Nips
Fig Newtons
Graham Crackers
Gummy Bears
Rice Cakes with seasoning
Hard Pretzels

Bottom
Tootsie Rolls
Marshmellows
Cheezies
Twix
Black Licorice
Candy Corn

- - - -
Honestly I don't like hard pretzels unless they are covered in chocolate. When they are, they skyrocket all the way up to top tier. But I guess it depends on what brand of chocolate covered pretzels, too.

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
Broken: Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby

Vanilla and peanut butter ice cream, fudge, and chocolate-covered peanut butter-filled pretzels all together? It's like GW filled his Oil Panic bucket with pure awesome deliciousness and then Ike Countered it into my stomach

D

Deleted member

Garbage Tier: Pringles

Seriously, they aren't that good. Whenever I eat one, I get queasy.:(

Top Bottom