• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snack Food Tier Discussion- Hershey Kiss

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
For all of those questioning Dorito's placement, that's just the thing: It's too good. You can't alter it. And let us not forget the newer Dorito AFs (Advance Flavors, like BBQ, Chili, etc.) and it's all-around great matchups.

Tier list updated. Two new tiers created, some more foods added (Most notably Peanut Butter and Goldfish).

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
We are currently not at liberty to divulge that in
High
Oreos
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Goldfish
Gummy Worms
Peanut Butter

Lower Middle
Dried Fruit
Popcorn
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fritos
Chocolate chip cookies are listed twice.

Other than that, this is starting to look really good. The top seems about right.

Two new suggestions

Doughnuts
and
Marshmallows.

What do you think about them? I'd say marshmallows would be about mid-tier; they have great combos and flavor, but they fill you up way to fast. Doughnuts for high/top. I mean, seriously, they're doughnuts. What's more to say?
Mmmmmmmm. doooughnut.....

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Wheat Thins Toasted Chips. Anybody else? They're not the most popular chip, but they're good, and semi-healthy for you.

Twizzlers are also really good.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Wheat Thins Toasted Chips. Anybody else? They're not the most popular chip, but they're good, and semi-healthy for you.

Twizzlers are also really good.
Agreed.

Not the twizzlers part though...

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
Wheat thins toasted are pretty good, I'd say about mid-Upper Middle. The taste is somewhat addicting, but the texture isn't too great. I might say higher, but top and high are on a comepletly different level.

Twizzlers, depends on how you define them. Twizzlers themself aren't anything special, proably low-mid tier, but other varieties of licorice, such as Red Vines, have a more distinct flavor, and MIGHT make mid tier.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
Chocolate chip cookies are listed twice.

Other than that, this is starting to look really good. The top seems about right.

Two new suggestions

Doughnuts
and
Marshmallows.

What do you think about them? I'd say marshmallows would be about mid-tier; they have great combos and flavor, but they fill you up way to fast. Doughnuts for high/top. I mean, seriously, they're doughnuts. What's more to say?
QFT. Marshmallows aren't good by themselves, but they can make some really great combos. Mid tier sounds right in my opinion.

Donuts... I don't actually have donuts too often, but they are really good. Donuts for high tier?

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Movie popcorn for upper middle. I have no idea what that "butter" actually is, but it tastes good.

Stuff for consideration: peanuts, chex mix.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
We need to think of things to go in the middle. Seriously, we only have three snacks in mid.
Twizzlers can go in Middle. Some people like 'em, and some people don't like 'em. But I don't think anyone hates 'em.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Watermelon candies and Sour gummy worms are top tier. BTW vegetables don't even deserve bottom tier, they need to be in "teh sux" tier.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How are things like Sour Patch Kids not top???

And why are Twinkies not top either?

(No. I'm not fat, I just know what snack foods I like.)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to give you a take by take of each snack (comments in purple):

Doritos
What? Mid tier, at best.
Cookie Dough
Hm... I say drop it down to high tier.
Cheez-Its
High tier.
Pringles
Mid tier

High
Oreos
Alright. I agree with this.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Top tier.
Goldfish
Agreed
Gummy Worms
Dude! Top tier.
Doughnuts
Yeah. Just bump it up above Goldfish and keep it higher than cheez-itz
Peanut Butter
Bottom tier. Peanut Butter belongs on Sandwiches.

Upper Middle
Salt and Vinegar Chips
Middle tier
Twix
High Tier
Melon
Low tier. I don't really like Melon very much
Gummy Bears
Top tier, of course. Seriously, gummies pwn all snack foods.
Apples
Top. Healty, good tasting, and comes in three different colors! What's not to like?
Movie Theatre Popcorn
Hm... bump it up a few spots in the mid-high tier.
Nachos con queso
Mid tier.

Middle
Funyons
Ugh... these taste bad. Just go to a fast food place and buy real onion rings for an extra fifty cents. Bottom tier.
Bananas
Middle-High
Lay's Potato Chips
Alright. I can see this.

Lower Middle
Marshmellows
What? High tier.
Dried Fruit
Agreed.
Popcorn
Agreed.
Fritos
Middle tier.

Low
Poptarts
Lower-middle
Cheese-Nips
Alright
Graham Crackers
Lower-middle
Baked Chips
Yeah. Agreed.

Bottom
Yoshi (eggs)
Bleh. Agreed here as well.
Rice Cakes
Yeh. Never had 'em before. Couldn't tell ya.
Well, that's my take. Feel free to disagree and try to help with it.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
You should make your own Snack Tier, Skyler. I'd like to see your take.

All right, let's discuss the Fig Newton. I love them, but I know tons of people who don't. Where should the Figs be?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Fig Newtons should be low, not enough people don't like them for them to be bottom.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Whoever invented Tootsie Rolls must've been droppin a deuce when they thought of it.

Tootsie Rolls for bottom. Horrible excuse of candy.

Question: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?
Answer: nobody cares, because they're horrible...

I mean whose bright idea was it to make a fruity candy lollipop but fill it with nasty, stank, dried-up
chocolate? I like chocolate; but when I eat a tootsie roll I don't taste chocolate, I taste lies.
I could rant for days but I'll just leave it at that.

So yeah, Tootsie Rolls and their sucker counterparts for horribad tier.

Red Hawk One

Smash Apprentice
SOUR PATCH KIDS: Those things don't have too much flavor after the first "kick", and are probably too uncommom to make the list. No place/low.
TWINKIES: creamy, soft, and worse for you than direct alpha radiation. Deep fry them, and it's triple-bypass heaven. High/top.
STARBURST: Agreed, they are hard. However, they do have some flavor retension, which is more than what most other candies can say. Mid.
FIG NEWTON: I don't think they are THAT bad, but I don't exactly eat them every day either. Decent sized cult following. Low-mid/mid.
TOOTSIE ROLL: Cocoa is the 5th ingredient, behind sugar, sugar, trans fat, and milk. Were actually used in WWII as soldier rations because of their weather-resistant qualities. Bottom/low.

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
Fig Newtons.. They're not horrible, but definitely not good. They go really stale and nasty after only a few days. I only really eat a couple right after we get some. I agree with it being low tier.

I completely agree with Josh, tootsie rolls are just barf-nasty.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Starburst for Top tier

I'd say Twinkies are mid-high

Gummies should def be top tier, especially the ones that have white on one side (like gummi sharks/frogs, for example)

Top Bottom