• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 7 (Champaign, IL March 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The discount is on the first page.

I want to bring a blank tape and record my 25 man ironman match against Tink :p

KishSquared

Smash Master
Uhh... Trail??

Nite, look into Viper's and AOB's housing offers on previous pages, or just PM one of them.

If you bring a TV, you don't have to pay the $3 venue fee. I think that's what AOB decided.

Husband

Smash Lord
I prayed to God to that I wouldnt have to fightTrail at this tourney. He answered my prays by sending him on a mission! There is a God!!!

KishSquared

Smash Master
Hey, is Wife coming? I need to give him the plaque thingy because I AM A BUM.

You guys should bring the plaque! We can add it on there for you that way.

Husband

Smash Lord
Yes, wife is coming.

Cok- we will leave our place Thursday Night around 8 or so. So we should be there 6 hours after that. Its too early for me to do that kind of math.

Dopey

Smash Lord
since this tourny is all about fair and everything, plz lets ban the wobbles. this is my last tourny ladies and gents, and im sure as **** not coming to this thing to just get grabbed and have someone press the A botton for a win. this is not a joke, you guys are saying its up to the tourny host, plz ban the wobbles, theres no skill, no fun, and nothing entertaining about it.

everyone who knows me, knows im not about *****ing and whining when it comes to tourny play, i dont care who i have to play, what lvl its on, how many matches im down, i love playing smash being down 3 stock to 1 and making a comeback for the win. but the wobbles takes away that element that ive learned to love about smash being stock instead of health. anyone whos played this game for years knows my point, and it has merrit in the MW FINALS TOURNY so please ban that noob **** from this great tourny. that is all.

yall can call me a *****, bitter, not competative. thats all fine n dandy, all i kno is if u say that, $ match me =)

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
since this tourny is all about fair and everything, plz lets ban the wobbles. this is my last tourny ladies and gents, and im sure as **** not coming to this thing to just get grabbed and have someone press the A botton for a win. this is not a joke, you guys are saying its up to the tourny host, plz ban the wobbles, theres no skill, no fun, and nothing entertaining about it.

everyone who knows me, knows im not about *****ing and whining when it comes to tourny play, i dont care who i have to play, what lvl its on, how many matches im down, i love playing smash being down 3 stock to 1 and making a comeback for the win. but the wobbles takes away that element that ive learned to love about smash being stock instead of health. anyone whos played this game for years knows my point, and it has merrit in the MW FINALS TOURNY so please ban that noob **** from this great tourny. that is all.

yall can call me a *****, bitter, not competative. thats all fine n dandy, all i kno is if u say that, $ match me =)
someone ingrave this **** in stone and put it on the front steps of the smash museum. THIS IS WHEN THE REVOLUTION STARTS!!!!!!!!!

mathos

Smash Champion
Husband: You know you'll be getting here at 1. Not a problem for me though I'll make sure to take a nap so I may entertain you all night long ^.^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
note to self:

Pick ice climbers against Dope.

Dope, a word of advice:

Pick Ice Climbers. Learn to do the Wobbles.

If you can get THAT far without saying "this is boring" and giving up, then go to a tournament and try to use it on somebody. It's more situational than Foxes drillshine infinites against a wall, and harder too.

Now that Trail isn't going, whose magic fingers are we going to use?!

Husband

Smash Lord
Dope, I have Mad respect for what you are saying and i TOTALLY agree. However, I watched Forward **** Chu's climbers with his falco. So it is still possible to beat a woobling IC.

Forward kept canceling into shine and jumping out so Chu couldnt grab him. Also, If you throw an IC down with falco, the laser from the throw hits the other IC so falco is one character that can actually grab IC. Practice it some just in case they dont Ban Woobles. If forward can do it, I know you can.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wait a minute, last tourney?

I thought you were going to Game Junkie, sir -_^

Dopey

Smash Lord
overswarm, ive tried it, its boring, the ICs in general are boring to me because i like fast moving chars like the fast fallers and ganon =p i love smash because its fun and exciting, but when it breaks down into who can grab and press A the best, it kinda takes something away knowing that if i get grabbed, i lose a stock. DI, teching, mindgames, all mean nothing when you get grabbed by someone who can wobbles. so shh =)

husband i kno this lol, ive been playing falco for like 26 years =p and ive beaten ICs with fox/falco before, its not the chars that get me, since wobbling is blind like lady justice, she sees no difference in character. im not gonna cry/*****/whine anymore for it to get banned, if it gets banned, then ill be happy, if it doesnt, i wont be as happy but i will still play against it. wobbling to me just means "hey i cant beat ppl with my 30 infinites i already have, they can esacpe it and maybe win the match, how about i just work on grabbing someone and hitting A till they are at a safe % like 300 or so for the win, yea, that'l show em how good i am!" anyone who defends/does/cheers wobbling is a scrub to me, and it will never be different.

all i kno is im not losing to such garbage if it happens to break out, and im not having any friendlys with any IC player, dont care who u are. if uve used wobbles in a tourny or in a friendly, your a scrub that will be dealt with when u enter the pools, your all just lucky the top 8 arent in the first round of pools ; )

P.S. this is not directed vs any single person, its against the leauge of wobblers

BIG C

Smash Master
the wobbles is quite ******** it is not that situational its timing timing is so hard to figure out and it doesnt even matter if u do it right cuz u can still rack up 60 or so damage with a crappy one trust me i know this. Yes, i have done it to good ppl ask tink just not in tourny. if i can learn it anyone can and it's a very ******** strategy but hey if you have to do it to win and its not banned go for it.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
@ husband:

its not about whether or not you can beat ic's who use it. its the principle. its an easier freeze glitch essentially. since freeze glitch is banned, so shoudl wobbling.

@dope = 2 good

Dopey

Smash Lord
finaly someone understands what im talking about. thank you hank, you said it best, its a freeze glitch. if no one can realize that, then u aint a smasher in my eyes. *pound*@hank

Dopey

Smash Lord
then i see no reason to have it banned then, do you Mr. Andy? =p

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Just a reminder that if my house is as crowded as it was last time, no more SMYMs!!!

I would really appreciate it if some of you got hotel rooms. You might actually get some sleep, too.

KishSquared

Smash Master
But they're cheap if you split the room with other Smashers. Let's face it, these events are getting huge, and the host (AOB) can't house EVERYONE that comes anymore.

Get a hotel room if you can, guys. It'll prepare you for pre- and post-FC ^_^

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you think it is too expensive, find some random guy who's by himself who needs a place to stay. All through the night order room service and say "don't worry, it's on me!" Then slip him some sleepy time pills of some sort and ditch him. If he ever confronts you about ditching him and making him pay the bill, challenge him to a duel for insulting your family's honor.
Since he is a jerk, he won't do it and thusly you have earned a free night's stay at a hotel.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
If you think it is too expensive, find some random guy who's by himself who needs a place to stay. All through the night order room service and say "don't worry, it's on me!" Then slip him some sleepy time pills of some sort and ditch him. If he ever confronts you about ditching him and making him pay the bill, challenge him to a duel for insulting your family's honor.
Since he is a jerk, he won't do it and thusly you have earned a free night's stay at a hotel.
im not sure how the forum system works too well, but is it possible this post alone be sticked in tournament discussion?

also:

*poundback*@dope

Tink

Smash Hero
well, alot of people are going to TJs this year as well. his house is going to be full, so that should take some of the slack off of aob.

Dopey

Smash Lord
if you plan on staying at TJs, i urge you to start smoking and drinking heavily. that is all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
overswarm, ive tried it, its boring, the ICs in general are boring to me because i like fast moving chars like the fast fallers and ganon =p i love smash because its fun and exciting, but when it breaks down into who can grab and press A the best, it kinda takes something away knowing that if i get grabbed, i lose a stock. DI, teching, mindgames, all mean nothing when you get grabbed by someone who can wobbles. so shh =)

husband i kno this lol, ive been playing falco for like 26 years =p and ive beaten ICs with fox/falco before, its not the chars that get me, since wobbling is blind like lady justice, she sees no difference in character. im not gonna cry/*****/whine anymore for it to get banned, if it gets banned, then ill be happy, if it doesnt, i wont be as happy but i will still play against it. wobbling to me just means "hey i cant beat ppl with my 30 infinites i already have, they can esacpe it and maybe win the match, how about i just work on grabbing someone and hitting A till they are at a safe % like 300 or so for the win, yea, that'l show em how good i am!" anyone who defends/does/cheers wobbling is a scrub to me, and it will never be different.

all i kno is im not losing to such garbage if it happens to break out, and im not having any friendlys with any IC player, dont care who u are. if uve used wobbles in a tourny or in a friendly, your a scrub that will be dealt with when u enter the pools, your all just lucky the top 8 arent in the first round of pools ; )

P.S. this is not directed vs any single person, its against the leauge of wobblers

Uh, actually Dope, by definition the scrub is the person that complains and refuses to use / accept the technique.

O_o

sirlin.net

Tink

Smash Hero
the scrubs are the people saying "dont get grabbed" and you can avoid it, cause its nearly impossible to not get grabbed.

people are afraid of the wobbles because its just NOW being used alot, but for us space animal players, we've had to deal with the infinite for quite some while now, so i dont think its going to make a big difference(for us atleast :p).

i do love how people are just now seeing the "wobbles" and saying that he made the techinque, when it was found out a LONG time ago, and just agreed upon most Icies to just not use it.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
in conclusion:

wobblers = scrubs

if i see you wobbling in tourney match i will smack the controller outcha hand then fart in yoru face.

and for the record i wanted to ban this the moment i heard someone was actually using it in tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom