• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 7 (Champaign, IL March 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol andy... thats too good.

mathos - i went in the 4 x 4, and **** near the 400. i think we ended up taking like 24th in state, which isn't TERRIBLE, i guess, lol...

Watty

Smash Lord
if it was bens cok vs all it would be this

some1 idc who really QB mathos on 1 side as a WR watty on the other we would juss run a streak. GG LOL u best bracket us off and if u do such tactics husband get the ball and gl tackling him 1 on 1 in the open field.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I don't even understand anything in that post until the word Husband.

But I might get in on some football. ^_^

Drephen

Smash Master
i would be dead wieght in football. Unless someone pissed me off and i go into red headed step child tantrum mode, then you all are screwed

anuj wouldn't be very good either. He would start kicking it like a soccer ball, cause thats all they got in India, soccer and elephants..............................oh and poverty

BIG C

Smash Master
heh obviously bcuz gamers like to do other things than video games i love to play sports when it's warm and believe it or not i can play basically any popular sport decently other than soccer im way bad at soccer.

BIG C

Smash Master
heh i said popular sports tinky ive never played hockey really and its totally not popular at least not enough for there to be a place and or league around us to play it in. as a matter of fact ive never ice skated either so get frooed i would prolly suck i would just be a goalie

Watty

Smash Lord
i was ognna bring mine andy, might wanna get some batteries for it though

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Tink, we still up for the 25 man iron man match?

$1 per character you have left at the end, 4 stock 8 minute timer, random neutral stage to start and then nothing but counter-picks. I would advise taking out Dave's stupid rule because we would run out of stages.....

Still up for it?

I've studied Tink's tricks...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MpuIyRnu-dU

Overswarm

is laughing at you
rofl, and of course!
haha

awesome.

What are we going to start off with?

I propose a kirby ditto. Because no one is really going to want to save kirby anyway, so it's a good way to start :p

We can also just do a double blind or random characters or a random character ditto.

Big_R

Smash Champion
so this sucks. i requested off work, and it was denied. so no smym for me. i was ready to make a road trip too. maybe next time... also, now i will just request anything i want to go to off hella early. maybe like a year early. lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ROFL, im fine with any of those, you pick.
Kirby ditto to begin with it is!

I thought about being really gay and counterpicking Rainbow Cruise against your Fox and picking kirby and just suicide killing a bunch...

but that's just not cool.

Kirby ditto is how we begin then ^_^

Agreenmonkey

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm pretty new to the smash community. I've been playing ssbm for a while now and I'm ready to see how I do against other players outside of my circle of friends. I've heard that tournament experience is the best experience so I'll do my best to make it to Champaign on the 24th.

I just thought I'd leave a post here so you might be a little less surprised about the random unknown guy that shows up at this tournament haha...

Sliq

Smash Master
Hello, I'm pretty new to the smash community. I've been playing ssbm for a while now and I'm ready to see how I do against other players outside of my circle of friends. I've heard that tournament experience is the best experience so I'll do my best to make it to Champaign on the 24th.

I just thought I'd leave a post here so you might be a little less surprised about the random unknown guy that shows up at this tournament haha...
Do not be surprised if you get your butt kicked. It happens to all newbies, which in turn spurs them to get better. Just be sure to play a crapload of friendlies and you'll be all set.

mathos

Smash Champion
Watty has meaning me and him would run streak patterns while Husband would just run the ball. The problem is finding a quarterback. Drephen better bring a ton of water :)

Monkey: New people come to every tourny. To get the most of it, don't be afraid to call next game on people's friendlies. It can be intimidating but the majority of smashers are good sports.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Watty has meaning me and him would run streak patterns while Husband would just run the ball. The problem is finding a quarterback. Drephen better bring a ton of water :)

Monkey: New people come to every tourny. To get the most of it, don't be afraid to call next game on people's friendlies. It can be intimidating but the majority of smashers are good sports.
Keep in mind he said majority. Not all.

If someone won't get up after a set, there really isn't a set system to get them to get up, so my advice is just to scream really loud for extended periods of time. Someone will come and help.

Drephen

Smash Master
What are the neutral stages?

Neutral 6 or Neutral 7, you have it contradicting yourself in the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom