• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 7 (Champaign, IL March 24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Show Me Your Moves 7

Saturday Mar 24
11AM - 12AM (that's midnight!)
Signups start at 10AM
Tourney starts at 11AM, not noon!

809 S. Fifth St.
Champaign, IL 61820
http://www.mckinley-church.org/

Intersection of Fifth and Daniel. Park in the multi-level parking lot on the other side of Fifth street--do NOT park anywhere else.

Housing

I am offering housing friday and saturday nights, but there were too many of you last time. If that happens again you can kiss SMYM good-bye.
The front door should be unlocked--walk right in. And don't slam the basement door so hard!

Andy - 217 766 4794
4403 Crossgate Dr
Champaign, IL 61822
the house has lots of gardens in the front yard.

Stuff

This is the championship for the Midwest Circuit Season 1--you know how it works by now, right?? There are prizes for top placers at the tournament as well as prizes for top point-earners throughout the entire season.

$3 venue fee (waived if you bring a full setup, 13" or smaller TVs not eligible!)
$15 per person for teams, $15 for 1v1
15% of the pot is pulled for the Circuit Champions
Remaining pot will be split 60/30/10 for both teams and singles.

Tournament Rules

Tournament format can be found here: we are currently discussing some very minor changes, as you can see. Briefly, everyone will be seeded into round robins, and the top 32 will move to the next round. Then the top 8 will play in the final round.

•Stages/Characters:
••Stages limited to the 6 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.
••Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Kirby 64, Pokemon Stadium
••Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, MKII, Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths,

Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64
••Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then
loser may change characters
•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

Other Rules & Special Issues

-- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), including cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are allowed. Andy himself uses a modded troll.
-- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Various dickery such as throwing round robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
-- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are allowed. Go ahead!
--No stalling or making matches unfinishable or other such evildoing.
--You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait... how did I miss that? I have always preferred Dave's rule as it was originally intended.
I'm going to change it now.

Kel

Smash Master
Yay actual tourney topic.

Um can people who are farther away get housing priority? Cincinnati kind of needs a place to stay :-\.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Sorry if that wasn't clear--housing is open to all this time. But if I have 1000 people like last time, I won't be happy.

And actually, at 4 hours you guys are quite low on the list! Omaha, KC, CoK, MN, WI... they've got you beat.

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah I know, I figured as much. I was just trying to say that people from Northern Illinois or whatever should be courteous for you and others needing a place to stay. Maybe viperboy will have a party or something and divert people again.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I just want to pop in here and say, "I <3 Andy, the Kishes, and Trail." Yes, I am bored an dtired, but I speak the truth!

Look at the influence the Midwest has had on me! I will come to FC this year or else you can all send me hate mail. <.<

Wheeeeeee... goodnight. Oh yea, come to HOST2. That is all. :psycho: :lick: :colorful: :bluejump:

KishSquared

Smash Master
goal is to beat cunning
Maybe you should try to beat me before trying to beat Cunning? ^_^ OH TRASH TALK!!

Andy, it's 15% pulled out for the pot. Maybe you'd wanna mention the RR thing? Just say all entrants seeded into RRs, and top 32 are pulled into more RR play. They can check the Midwest forum for details. Also, $3 venue fee? Unless we want to pull from the pot to pay for the place.

YAY CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

<3 JF!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yeah, i'll be having a party again... probably both nights again too, for those wanting to come...

it's about 45 minutes south of AOB and i can house about 15

Watty

Smash Lord
i think i already beat u at this tourney last time OH SNAP!

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i'll be having a party again... probably both nights again too, for those wanting to come...

it's about 45 minutes south of AOB and i can house about 15
I'm going to see if I can get Tari to come to this. We should be smashing tomorrow, and we did the other day. My man is rusty. I stomped him into the the ground with my Marth (not like that's not expected because I'm pretty much the greatest Marth alive).

If I can get him to come and learn to play anyone other than Falco (for teams) we'll be there kicking names and taking ***.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I have a copy of the rules saved that I modify each time. Looks like I had forgotten to modify such a number.

NitH

Smash Cadet
ill be there...just gotta call off work lol.......i have a sickness and the only cure is smash tury...^_^ see ya there pm me maybe we can make it cheep and rent a hotel room..and pile in like .........well u kno ...let me kno guys thx

Wife

Smash Lord
Team Ben would love to come to this.

But, having no points, will we screw up the dynamic of the pools? Or, more importantly, will I be gauranteed a really difficult pool?

And how would teams work for kevin and i, having no points?

thanks.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You guys would be unseeded for both, so yeah, it would be just a bit messy. You'd be placed just like anyone else who has 0 pts.

Wife

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm pretty sure we're gonna be there. Can't wait.

And Tink i wanna MM you but let's do it at caty.

NitH

Smash Cadet
wife...ive watched all your MLG vids...i kno how u think ....im gonna take ya down....lol j/k ....hope ya go i sure as hell would love to play ya it would be a honor

take it ez all
---------------------------------------------
Nith.....what does that stand for...........

i think its ancient gaelic owns noobs....but im not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom