• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

idea

Smash Master
Fire Emblem players! Omg. Awesome games, yes? =D
indeed! and i like how this new one is actually hard. i mean, not that the other ones were easy, but games these days just tend to be. and i lost, i think, four times on the second battle. by the way, europhoria, what's your real name =P

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
indeed! and i like how this new one is actually hard. i mean, not that the other ones were easy, but games these days just tend to be. and i lost, i think, four times on the second battle. by the way, europhoria, what's your real name =P
his name is mike.

Great turnout today guys, too bad for the shortage of TV's. Good **** to all the new comers and up and comers. Andrei, good **** man, if i had to choose someone under me to lose to it would have definetly been you. good ****, i can't wait to see u make ur way up on the PR.

Sauga is the ****ing greatest crew. Honestly. Josh's story telling skills are ****ing top tier

Edit: wow lol i gotta stop swearing so much

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
his name is mike.

Great turnout today guys, too bad for the shortage of TV's. Good **** to all the new comers and up and comers. Andrei, good **** man, if i had to choose someone under me to lose to it would have definetly been you. good ****, i can't wait to see u make ur way up on the PR.

Sauga is the ****ing greatest crew. Honestly. Josh's story telling skills are ****ing top tier

Edit: wow lol i gotta stop swearing so much

Your my doubles partner, this is rubbing off from me LOLLL. Saauuugggggaaaaaaaa

D

Deleted member

Here's the deal.

I had a lot of fun for the majority of the biweekly.

But nearing the end, it (expectedly) turned for the worse.

This has gotten way too out of hand. I'm absolutely sick of it.

I want to thank everyone for the amazing matches I had with all of you.

I will post some shout outs later, but I need to say something very important. Tonight was very enlightening to me and it really sucked.

Here's the deal.

I will no longer be updating the GTA PR. I'm having it deleted or something to that effect. If you so much as even think for a millisecond that I'm doing so because I don't want to move down a rank, shut the hell up. People who think this way are the reason why the PR is so much trouble. It's really sad that some people can't handle a PR, it really truly is. I tried my very best to update it and defend the PR when it was criticized (and even locked), I really did.

I think, in the most utilitarian of senses, that the abolishment of the PR is for the greater good of this community.

If you disagree, well sorry guys. Some of you are spoiling it for the rest of us.

D.B

Smash Ace
Makes sense. Not like being on the PR makes you play better, I'm sure bernard / david / ryan / jake will still be fighting for the cash and crap.

P.S get ready for alot of argueing everyone =]

I.B

Smash Lord
Good stuff Jake, I completely agree with you.

If people decide to keep the pr up, then be sure to take me off. In no way do I want to support a ranking list that's poisoning our community.

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff Jake, I completely agree with you.

If people decide to keep the pr up, then be sure to take me off. In no way do I want to support a ranking list that's poisoning our community.
I ditto that one hundred percent. The power rankings don't influence my play at all and really PR or not when i was up and coming i would have came to every ****ing tournament because it is FUN. FUN. FUN. FUN.

It's just some people get so caught up with the PR that they forget why they are there. To have fun, and compete for first place. Not to move up some PR with ****ing Pokemon on it, that nobody but us looks at.

It's for the better of the community guys, please try and realize this. Less controversy = more fun for the rest of us., and less stress. And isn't that why we play? To lessen stress? To have fun?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
It's unfortunate and god does this hurt me, but I ****ing agree. The lack of maturity in this scene with the ranking is terrible. It's like people have vendettas against others that are above them. There is a lack of sportsmanship from this. This isn't doing any good, and is just poisoning the game's fun factor. I could really go on and such, but I don't think it's necessary.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad to see others agree.

I wanna apologize to a couple people who were advancing really nicely and were probably going to be ranked soon, like Afro Chris and Andrei.

Sorry guys.

idea

Smash Master
i agree =P i'd like to think it's enough to know you're all ridiculously good and leave it at that.

also, today was much fun. i'll be coming to pretty much all future ones =)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The fact that the pr will have to be demolished for the soul fact that a few people are ****ING BABIES about this **** is really sad.
You know who you are.
I must say that had to be one of the stupidest ****ing arguements I've ever been in, and it actually disgusted me. To see that the scene has come so far, yet some people just never learn.

Had a real good time though for the most part, and props to David for hosting like always, shoutouts to come.

Niko_K

Smash Master
No one needs to flip out because certain people have different point of views on the PR. If they don't want to support it then so be it. If you really care THAT much about knowing how good you are in comparison to the rest of the players then just keep playing with them. That's also one of many reasons as to why tournaments are held, so we can see who can utilize their skills in a match and under pressure, determining the better overall player.

If you stop worrying about some ranking system and start looking at the fun aspects of the game like...uh...playing with your friends, and improving on your skill, you may find the game a bit less stressful and none of this would have even started in the first place.

Yes I know I wasn't there for whatever argument ensued but I believe most people can agree with my thoughts on this.

If people are going to ***** and complain about how a ranking system is being removed for whatever such reason maybe they should step out from competitive play and rethink about what it really is about. The main point isn't about being the best. It's about the experience and fun you have while at these competitive get togethers. You get to show off a few tricks and gain respect within the community for your skills. No one should ever play a game for the sole purpose of being the best. If that was the case 90% percent of tournament goers wouldn't have turned into regulars (Myself included...I travel 2h30m not to win all my matches(imfeasible) but the experience is unforgettable. . If it isn't fun then whats the point.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Can't we all just eat babies? :p
Okay I only said that cause I was hungry. Nice playing with you guys today (the little I did anyway :/) Hope to do it again, when's the next one anyway?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see others agree.

I wanna apologize to a couple people who were advancing really nicely and were probably going to be ranked soon, like Afro Chris and Andrei.

Sorry guys.
aww man TT-TT, why r u guys talking about the PR did somthing happen at the end of the tourny yesturday? oh and D.B we gotta do team Falcon next time man!!! to ambrose did u take the VCR from david's house?

D.B

Smash Ace
No one needs to flip out because certain people have different point of views on the PR. If they don't want to support it then so be it. If you really care THAT much about knowing how good you are in comparison to the rest of the players then just keep playing with them. That's also one of many reasons as to why tournaments are held, so we can see who can utilize their skills in a match and under pressure, determining the better overall player.

If you stop worrying about some ranking system and start looking at the fun aspects of the game like...uh...playing with your friends, and improving on your skill, you may find the game a bit less stressful and none of this would have even started in the first place.

Yes I know I wasn't there for whatever argument ensued but I believe most people can agree with my thoughts on this.

If people are going to ***** and complain about how a ranking system is being removed for whatever such reason maybe they should step out from competitive play and rethink about what it really is about. The main point isn't about being the best. It's about the experience and fun you have while at these competitive get togethers. You get to show off a few tricks and gain respect within the community for your skills. No one should ever play a game for the sole purpose of being the best. If that was the case 90% percent of tournament goers wouldn't have turned into regulars (Myself included...I travel 2h30m not to win all my matches(imfeasible) but the experience is unforgettable. . If it isn't fun then whats the point.
Being born in the GTA somewhere makes you smarter. Thanks for proving it :laugh:

And to afro chris, yeah we should it'd be jokse =D

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Being born in the GTA somewhere makes you smarter. Thanks for proving it :laugh:

And to afro chris, yeah we should it'd be jokse =D
yo man next tourny were doing this then (if i got money left over XP) TEAM FALCON
so does that mean the PR is no more?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Aww.

No PR anymore? I thought it was just a cool way of alternatively showing tourny placements. It never necessarily meant a person was better than the other.

But...I'm down with its destruction.

We aren't smashing for the PR anymore guys. ITS FOR MEXIC000!

-Shouts laterr.

2nd EDIT:

D.B GODDAMIT WE AREN'T IN IT FOR THE MONEY. So sue us if we just happen to get far in the tourny and win some. lawl.

D.B

Smash Ace
What does hamilton do?:S

Bernie i didn't mean it like that! I meant you guys are still going to be winning its not like since the pr down that like brampton will start winning, I just meant that you guys will still be the best and everyone will know that even though the PR is down

Europhoria

Smash Lord
We have an old tournament set we still need to do.
Props to David for ****** us all as usual btw and thanks for hosting through all the random stress and crap from the argument and family, etc.

Top Bottom