• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
D.B: Stop being dumb. Because we win tournies doesn't mean we'll never lose. Your pessimism is ********.

"Give away your $10?"

If you set yourself up for failure by trying to predict your own losses; well then I don't have to tell what might just happen. You want it to stop, EARN IT and BEAT US. Don't whine about it being too expensive. Maybe you should beat 4 or 5 of toronto's best then settle down with a cool 16$ singles grand prize. Awesome eh?

Screw $2/$5

Another thing:

God, just save a loonie a day every two weeks. You'll have 10 by wednesday. See how easy that was?
Its not THAT expensive. You want to make it worth your while, then heres an idea. Practice like a fiend and WIN.

D

Deleted member

Not to mention that people do money matches...DB, you have a 5 dollar money match with me.

Now, if you enter singles and you don't think you're gonna win, you still get a full pool of high quality smash. That is training imo.

I dont play this game just for the money. If I did, wouldn't I have asked for a lot of Mms? I never ask for mms.

D

Deleted member

you need ritalin.

**** yo mms bernard and **** that calling out you call me out too much :(

D.B

Smash Ace
D.B: Stop being dumb. Because we win tournies doesn't mean we'll never lose. Your pessimism is ********.

"Give away your $10?"

If you set yourself up for failure by trying to predict your own losses; well then I don't have to tell what might just happen. You want it to stop, EARN IT and BEAT US. Don't whine about it being too expensive. Maybe you should beat 4 or 5 of toronto's best then settle down with a cool 16$ singles grand prize. Awesome eh?

Screw $2/$5

Another thing:

God, just save a loonie a day every two weeks. You'll have 10 by wednesday. See how easy that was?
Its not THAT expensive. You want to make it worth your while, then heres an idea. Practice like a fiend and WIN.

Bernard as much as I'd like to even make a challange for you we know it's not gonna happen yet, you and I both know it. Man that'd be a great day beating 4 or 5 of the best in toronto I'd feel great just doing it screw the money. Okay so lets say we save a loonie everyday, we pay 2.50$ to get to the station and take it for about 1.50$ each,there we go 6$ left + about 5$ for food so now we have 1$ left. And since we have a 2 more days so + 2$ and we have 3$! Not even enough to get us back home, much less pay for singles/doubles/low tier
P.S Jake best 3/5?
P.P.S Isn't it great how we're all getting along? ^_^

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
HOLY SH*T.

ASK YOUR PARENTS FOR $20.

****. its not THAT expensive. if you guys read the previous posts its just like...not a compelling argument at all. There isn't even enough to complain about to produce a conflict worth discussing.

Its like: You have 20 you come, you dont have 20? You dont come. So **** simple. if you're guna nitpick about busfare...

LIKE WTF. its busfare, you're being ridiculous. If you're on welfare or something I might understand but...please give it up.

Resistance is futile.

EDIT: Muahaha

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ money match Fox vs, Fox for 25 cents :p. No No waitt Falcon vs. Jigs XD. FAALCCOOONN!! .. Falls asleep Lol too good.

D.B

Smash Ace
HOLY SH*T.

ASK YOUR PARENTS FOR $20.

****. its not THAT expensive. if you guys read the previous posts its just like...not a compelling argument at all. There isn't even enough to complain about to produce a conflict worth discussing.

Its like: You have 20 you come, you dont have 20? You dont come. So **** simple. if you're guna nitpick about busfare...

LIKE WTF. its busfare, you're being ridiculous. If you're on welfare or something I might understand but...please give it up.
Is it really fair to ask my parents every second week for $20?

How about this; I'll save up that one dollar a day like you said, use it to enter the events, then you pay for my transportation and food !

Man, your idea is sick.

alphameric

Smash Ace
07.09.01 - SMASHTURBATION BI-WEEKLY VIDEOS
DOUBLES
Grand Finals :
TEAM RYAN FORD vs. DELORTED1 & TGBX
R01 , R02 , R03 , R04

Losers Bracket : Finals
TEAM RYAN FORD vs. RUNAWAYFIRE & CHAOTIC
R01 , R02 , R03

SINGLES
Winners Bracket : Finals
RAYNEX vs. TGBX
R01 , R02 , R03 , R04 , R05

Losers Bracket : Finals
DELORTED1 vs. RAYNEX
R01 , R02 , R03 , R04

Losers Bracket : Semi-Finals
DELORTED1 vs. UNKNOWN522
R01
, R02
, R03

Losers Bracket : Quarter-Finals
CHAOTIC vs. UNKNOWN522
R01 , R02

Losers Bracket : Quarter-Finals
UNKNOWN522 vs. COOLHAT
R01
, R02

See how fast footage goes up when the recording goes perfectly? All I have to do is toss it in VDub and it's good to go.
Also, is it just me or did YouTube slightly reduce their image quality.

Anyways, I'll do shoutouts later, too tired now.
I still have the crew battle between CoS & SSB (?) on my hard drive and will upload it somewhere on Sunday.
I have to do some post-processing (stats) and edit out my terrible performance.

...kidding of course :urg:

D

Deleted member

adrian!!! your vids omg thank you that's ****ing illlll

ahhh yes. nnr want these vids posted in the vids thread?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Do it!

Jake: AFter watching the matches, i have to admit, You outsmarted me. I should'nt have got pissed after losing. It was my own fault. I have more sh*t to work on I guess. But I'm guna knock you out next time.

alphameric

Smash Ace
1hr45min until the crew battle is done rendering.

500x395
60fps
estimated 490mb

It will take some time to upload and for Google to process.
With that said I don't know if it will be watchable tonight or not.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Great turn out guys. Good stuff from everyone.

Doubles dragged abit and sorry about that, but for the most part I think the fun factor of this event was a lot higher than others.

Congrats Noah lol you're a joker, freal. Insane Peach tactics Jake.

We'll see if we can continue having these during school. Good stuff CoS.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shoutouts---

NNR:

Jake: I didn't realize how good the matches we had were until after I saw them on youtube. I'll keep training until I can take down that Peach. Ohh yaa...and those Marth dittos were too much fun. **** the last stock ledge race was funny as hell. GGs you crazy a$$.

Noah: Easily the most exciting/fun matches I've ever had against another spacey IN MY LIFE. It wasn't getting completely owned, or owning completely; it was right in the middle. Every 4 out of 5 matches down to the last stock (with the exception being the first on YS)? Nuts, simply nuts.

Run: Good ish in the doubles friendlies we had. I maintain that you team better with Ken than anyone else you have so far. I didn't play you one on one but...that chris angel thing remains a 4 stock in the game of LOL in my mind.

Ryan: We REALLY need to work on teams. Experienced team losing to those argumentative n00bs. fox+Peach ftw. GGs man, well deserved placing in singles.

CoS:

Renato: REally nice to meet you. Good Luigi, but better spacies. Don't turn into a Coolhat. As much as I love good mid/low tiers, your tech skill seems like its developing. Keep practicing hard and GGs.

Steve: You couldn't give me a ride, but you're still awesome. David can give you alot of tips regarding ICs and their numerous gay tactics. I should know, he used most of them on my Fox :S Also, I commend you for picking up other characters. Maybe not wholely, but at least its a start.

Ken: You've gotten alot better. You almost had me on Dk64 in that singles match. Don't let the stock and percentages get into your head. When you are facing someone that intimidates you, whoever it may be, you need to keep your head focused on what your opponent is doing. Your movements should be almost Mechanical with Falcon...try to make everything you do correlate in someway to what your opponent does; whether it result in a grab, follow-up or counter attack. Keep practicing with your friends, it really seems to be helping.

Alpha: The vids' sound works!!!! YAAAAAAAY. You the best, work on your Ganon; much better choice than G&W in serious tournies. I'd also like to see you jump in the mix with smash rob or steve in doubles. Ganon is a wrecking ball in those thangs.

GK: Your Peach is good. i need to play you. Ummm...more dsmash equals wins. just ask Jake, he'll tell you.

Sauga:

Madnan: Madnan? Are you mad? Don't worry about the crew thing. It was epic nonetheless. you should def have a rematch at the next one. Keep working on your Peach, to be the best Peach in city is guna be one long pain-staking process. Best of luck & GGs.

I.B/D.b.: Didn't play you both that much I think. We need to make sure to get matches in the next time.

Grmo: Its always fun playing you. Tech. skill is all there; its everything else that needs to get better =) Stay with whoever you're comfortable with. Fox/Falco, and Sheik/Marth for whoever else gives you trouble. Thats what I do.

Lanowen: fun matches on that amazingly large t.v. I think you have alpha's mem card. The cube with the r.f. switch was yours right? I think it was in that one. GGs man.

Coolhat: Lol...you dah man. I told you so many times, I love weegi. You actually might beat me one of these days. Those matches we had were close. Watch Ka Master vids like crazy, he's freakin amazzing.

Others:

Eric: Less fsmash, its all you do. Work on your ledge-guarding and hogging. Your timing is a bit off with both. Ggs.

Marco: I LOOOOOVE YOUR HOUSE. Man i'd stay there if i could. So fraking big. I say we have it at your house EVERYTIME.

Mike: The Marth dittos were whack. You own me hard in those. Always fun though. GGs.

Thanks all for a fun experience. My bad if I missed anyone. --Peeace.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Steve: You couldn't give me a ride, but you're still awesome. David can give you alot of tips regarding ICs and their numerous gay tactics. I should know, he used most of them on my Fox :S Also, I commend you for picking up other characters. Maybe not wholely, but at least its a start.
How to fight Fox with ICs:

- Dash dance to space Fox's shffls. It desynchs Nana though so u-throw at 0-15 and do something gay or d-throw and tech chase and do something gay. Probably U-smash into combo or regrab or some crap.

- Wavedash around mindlessly and space him with short wavedashes and whatnot. F-smash if he commits to something too early; D-smash doesn't arch so it rarely hits.

- Lots of jabs.

- CC dash attacks into grabs on reflex.

- CC jabs into d-smashes on reflex.

- U-air him if he full jump nairs or dairs (reading required so bring glasses).

- Pivot grab if he shffls nairs or dairs (reading required so bring glasses).

- Don't u-tilt spam. U-tilt = grab if they're above you.

- D-throw d-smash when you grab works I find; he pops up so you can walk to his DI and then WD with his tech sort of like what I do with my Sheik's d-throw on spacies (hi Bernard). If they're silly and DI into you around 50 you can regrab. Around 70 you can turn around and d-smash or f-smash.

- Pivot dash attacks and f-smashes are sexy.

- Bair is sexy learn how to space it and hit with it when he's on land.

- Nair can lead to grab which in turn obliterates the internet but his nair beats yours iirc.

- If he U-throws you it's a guessing game. If you see him going for a U-air use your Dair (or predict) and it'll trade with the weaker hit and you live. If you thing he's going to dash around and U-smash you then avoid him and punish accordingly.

- You can't punish his F-smash or U-smash if they've spaced or timed them right (you can punish the U-smash on shield if you hard shield and do it ridiculously quickly and you basically predict it).

And the usual crap applies. Spot-dodge spam = predict and punish with grab or double blizzard, or desynched blizzard into grab, etc. Speed is good, you are good at pretending to be fast, etc. ICs are sexy so don't be intimidated by Fox's flamboyant sexuality but don't be too cocky either. Finally, Z-tossing him off the stage (use Nana's F-throw) at lower percentages is not only unexpected but also quite fun and usually kills him.

Basically just kill him in a grab and tech chase really well. Avoid gay shines and someone will explode. Possibly you.

alphameric

Smash Ace
**link moved down a couple posts**http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-691070272171133213&hl=en

Google video REALLY butchered the quality. It's half the bloody resolution I rendered it at.
Anyways, not exactly my shining moment, but the battle is documented now.
If you don't see any vid info or anything, it's there don't worry, google is slow.

Oh and it was brought to my attention during the rendering process that you guys aren't SSB anymore for whatever reason. I'm not changing the video to accommodate that since it's too late, but the title and everything are for HSW instead.

I'm going to try uploading to stage6 overnight. This quality is really ****.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
CoS vs HSW

Round 1: Alpha, when Imadh f-smashes your shield and it's not a tipper, you can wd out of shield and grab him and violate his body with a pipe. Just an FYI. Needs more f-air.

Round 2: Sheiks of the universe unite and create doom! You should have 2-stocked. Go for bigger throw combos. D-throw F-air might work on small children but honestly Sheik can do a hell of a lot more than that to Marth. I average 50 on Mike's Marth and I honestly think he's the best Marth in the city (take that one how you will this is imho although I've played all your Marths and none of them will beat my Sheik unless someone got some really good crack when I was away).

Round 3: Falcon is sexy. Also, Sheik, you D-throw. If they DI away you wavedash to them and then tech chase to regrab or d-smash or something gay. If they DI up you jab/regrab. If they DI in place you just wait and tech chase. If they DI to you you just wait and react accordingly. You don't need to predict, Falcon's tech is slow enough and Sheik is fast enough to just keep regrabbing/landing hits.

Round 4: Ugh. Falcon's worst stage too. Umm... not much to say. Less jabs, more SHFFLed aerials. Less u-air. More nair and dair. Knee when you've weakened their shield a bit. The ICs have a pitiful shield. Odds are after two nairs or a nair and a dair it hits one of them. Just jumping around on the platforms is also effective; be less aggressive with approaching. JUMP AND WAVELAND OFF PLATFORMS AND DO NOT STAY ON THE GROUND UNLESS YOU ARE DASH DANCING OR RUNNING AROUND DOING GROUND MOVES WILL GET YOU GRABBED OR U-SMASHED OR SMASHED OFF THE STAGE AND CONSEQUENTLY YOU WILL DIE.

Round 5: Andy spam more. You're on stadium. You have space. Play Spamus. You shouldn't have lost that second stock.

Round 6: It's Falcon vs Samus.

Round 7: Didn't watch too closely.

Round 8: Didn't watch too closely.

Round 9: Vid froze because I have too much crap running.

alphameric

Smash Ace
looking back i know there are alot of things i COULD have done, but the fact remains i didnt do them.
I've been 4 stocked many a time, but not like that. It makes me cringe watching it

alphameric

Smash Ace
CREW BATTLE
CHURCH OF SMASH vs HAZEL STAR WARRIORS
CAPTURED ON SEPT. 1ST, 2007

LOW QUALITY
HIGH QUALITY

If it's cool with everyone else, I'd rather be uploading vids to Stage6 instead of YouTube. At least the longer videos if not all of them.
I know it requires a plugin to play, but the quality is SO much better, compression is better, and you can download the videos. Thoughts?

Top Bottom