• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
1: M2K - I hate you. I am always in second because you exist. One of these days...
2: Cactuar - I hate you. You are always in second place because M2K exists. At least you are such a nice person that you are willing to volunteer so much effort towards him that you have become Mew2Dad. *high five*
3: Tec0 - Haha, it was a good set. I don't mind losing a set here and there to people, as I generally make up for it. I'm sorry about learning people at a truly ridiculous rate. >.>
4: Eggm - You finally played me in tourny! Be happy! (Consistency is everything. You can't base your ability off of your best possible, only your average matters. Remember that, and relax a bit, it helps with playing well. :laugh:)
5: Ryoko - DAAAAAAAVE!!! I BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!! That laptop cooling thing is weird.
5: SlikVik - You are getting better. It's cool to see people's progress over time.
7: Lord Knight is a Moron - is a Moron - is a Moron - is a Moron.
7: Will - What haaaappened? You were supposed to beat everyone. :psycho:
9: El Komosutro - You are too cocky. Stop trying to challenge me. lol
9: Bass - WTF Donkey Kong?!? Good set in pools though. That second match in teams was tough too. Definitely give me call when you guys want to come and practice a bit. I promise I won't sandbag as much as you guys expect me to. :laugh:
9: Alexander Triad - YOU MFER! WHAT THE FXCK WHERE YOU THINKING! I'LL KILL YOU! Just kidding. You really hurt my hand though. :laugh:
9: Pakman - OMG Pakmaaaaan! You're 21?!? ...
13: Dot Eater - Your Samus is super irritating. You do silly things. I love it.
13: UltimaScout - You have a silly grin on your face all the time. It worries me the way mold on an orange that I just pulled out of the fridge worries me.
13: Scar - Bro. We ***** you on Temple. Lawl. Steak Queen is amazing.
13: Velocity - I'm awesome. And I beat you with my Roykid vs your Doc. :chuckle:
17: GOTM - Chibo is your best friend. Don't lie to me.
17: UltimoDragon - Haha. You totally had the two best kills of our set. You are too tall and black.
17: Roykid - ROYKID! I will make you my protege one day. I will teach you all of my cactus tricksies and you will become RoyCactus.
17: Chocobo - I love my hoodie. Also, you are a big ball of Chocolove.
17: TenNoTensai - I do not know who you are.
17: Michael - Same as above.
17: Moo - Lol.
17: ChiboSempai - See: TenNoTensai. (:laugh:)
25: Shakugan - I'm terrible with names....
25: Clai - When did this happen... oh wait it's always been this way...
25: Yayo - Yayooooooooooooo. Glad you made it.
25: KCS - I really need to start noticing people at tournaments...
25: Cless - You need to come around and play other fighting games with me more.
25: Valdet - Weird, I feel like I should remember a name like this.
25: Jollies - Your name makes me happy for no reason.
25: Rob - Ok, I'm pretty sure I talked to you at some point. lol...
33: Ame - People kept telling me who you were. And I still don't remember.
33: Steve - Lord Knight's name is Steve too. :p
33: PikachuN00b - Pikachu is an awesome character.
33: Bugz - You are a silly little guy. "You're Cactuar? You play Marth right? I'd beat you!"
33: McGraw - Is that really your last name?
33: Juan Mendoza - There is a Samus player from somewhere that goes by Mendoza. He was at FC6 I think.
33: Arabi - I read this as "Arab-eye", and then as "A Rabbi", and then rubbed my eye...
33: Ace - Keep practicing. No one gets good without practicing.
33: DSol - Makes me think of Sol Badguy. And I love that character.
33: Carmello - *throws hands up in the air, dismembered and not his own*

Woot. My first shoutouts ever!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
17: ChiboSempai - See: TenNoTensai. (:laugh:)
lol I was sure you were gonna mention at scars when velocity kicked me in the shin with the fake punch to my face. i just fell down on the stairs thanks to how tired i was. you thought that was the funniest thing ever and laughed for like 5 mins straight haha

ChiboSempai - I died inside when someone called you aggressive. Still, I watched your matches. Good ****.
Haha that was so funny when whoever said that. I was cracking up over it but you almost pissed ur pants lol
I was playing pretty good that day, although I need to stop sandbaggin in some tournament matches. It happened twice at CoT, and this time against the Ness kid. I was major sandbaggin for 2 stocks, practicing my extenda grapple, and he ended up taking a good lead and almost won haha. keyword: almost. lol

---

I messed up some of my shoutoutz from earlier, allow me to post the revised ones:

Scar - "CHECK THE LOGS!"
Velocity - Surprise jiggz on dk64 counterpick! I'll get you one day. Thanks for kicking me in the shin. It hurt, but one of the funniest parts of the night.
Toushi - I forgot to leave you a shoutout cause you weren't on the results. Don't hate Samus shes awesome. I can't wait to fight you and hear all the johns lol.

Cless

Smash Champion
25: Cless - You need to come around and play other fighting games with me more.
Why? So you can destroy me in those games too? Nah, that'd be fun, but I don't know where you live or when you're free.

Also, Poke Floats against Blue Lazer = best stage counterpick ever

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
i was being calm... CHECK THE LOGS!!! lol
Andy and the FUUUUUCKIN Tuna is great, I just like seeing my regular name in the brackets. w/e

Shoutoutz (in order of placement to make it easy, people I dont have shoutouts for have been omitted)

M2K - Those bugs in the middle of the road? You might want to eat them! They give you bonus points!
Cactuar - Thanks for the pizza that night. Don't worry, injury johns are legitimate johns.
Tec0 - Nice job placing 3rd! You're tech skill is crazy, they don't call you Tec0 for nothing.
Eggm - You got your TV. Good. lol nice seein ya again. I wanna fight your Yoshi some more, I didnt get a chance to this time lol
Ryoko - I found your weakness: My Samus + Pokemon Stadium + 2,000 missiles. You won both of those friendlies, but I'm getting close lol
SlikVik - Nice job in pools
Lord Knight is a Moron - Yea I get bonus points for playing PIU. **** straight.
Will - Not one friendly against you... I was gonna be against you in the tournament, but the bracket got changed. Oh well, perhaps I'll see you again sometime at the game room. Jiggz ditto? lol
El Komosutro - "Get this what he wants!!!"
Bass - I didn't even know you were there till like halfway through the event lol. Too bad, I wanted to face your link again after Scars last week. I don't sandbag lol
Alexander Triad - Nice Samus workshop. I've got edgeguarding down a lot better.
Pakman - I haven't face you in a while. I need Luigi practice incase I ever come up against another Luigi? Yea, that probably won't happen lol.
Dot Eater - Such an awesome Samus, I need to learn from it
Scar
Velocity - "CHECK THE LOGS!"
GOTM - Team Andy and the Tuna is destined to become better. Fox + Jiggz is top tier. We just need to play team matches more than once every other week tops.
UltimoDragon - Wow your Link is ridiculously amazing. Good thing your back in the tournament scene.
Roykid - ROOOOOOOYKIIIIIIIID!!!!! I was the one that was clapping lol.
Chocobo - 4 Samus free for all melee was amazing. Such a great idea.
TenNoTensai - Again I didn't play you, and we're in the same crew! I'll get my chance soon. I gotta organize another ToS meeting
Shakugan - Same as Tensai, when will I play the rest of my crew?
Yayo - Classic Yayo is back! Could he be the newest member of ToS??
Jollies - Overall your Marths gotten A LOT better, not worse lol. The only thing worse is your Smash-specific skills like teching thanks to evil fighters such as Street Fighter.
Ame - It was cool seein you again at another tournament. Keep practicing and you'll get a lot better. However Peach on Poke Float? lol not a good idea
Bugz - You left your controller.... NOOOOOOO!!!

****, no shoutout for scar?

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Toushi - I forgot to leave you a shoutout cause you weren't on the results. Don't hate Samus shes awesome. I can't wait to fight you and hear all the johns lol.[/QUOTE said:
if giving my controller to m2k because he likes it and plays good with it is a john then callme Mr. IwillkickyourasswithROY!
ps. i dont even main or practice with roy :laugh:

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Shoop Da Woop!

SlikVik - Yes we should play. Where do you live... AIM = UltimaScout

Chocobo - You'd better practice not falling through pokemon stadium. Should've tech'd that ****!

El Komosutro - Please... MM your Mewtwo vs my Marth some more... I don't have to enter tournaments now to make a living.

Velocity - My fox is so good >_< "I can't tell which Marth is which... OOOOOH, now I know"

TenNoTensai - Good Marth ditto

GOTM - We had some fun matches I thought. It's a shame you couldn't play me until like 7Am like M2k

Cactuar - "Hey you, the guy who's name I don't remember... The nobody.... want to go get some food...?"

~___________________~

Lord Knight - I really enjoyed our match... was one of the most exhillerating of the tournament I think

Scar - My Marth is not gay...

Ryoko - Very close match. Next time my friend... next time

Dot - Really... the brothers...? :)

If I forgot somebody sorry... I'm kinda in a hurry ^_^

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Toushi - I forgot to leave you a shoutout cause you weren't on the results. Don't hate Samus shes awesome. I can't wait to fight you and hear all the johns lol.
i didnt enter singles because you know why i had fun cheering on my friends and beating people with roy though =]

Beat

Smash Ace
I have Bugz's controller, but don't worry, I won't use it or anything. The thing doesn't even have rubber on the analog (that's what she said!). Seriously though, I'll bring it to every event I attend in the hopes of getting it to you.

Also, I go to Drexel, if you live near there >.>

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
25: Clai - When did this happen... oh wait it's always been this way...
When did what happen? I've never been this way... I don't understand... you confuse me. If you are really intending to say, "when did your brand of over-9000 awesomeness happen," then maybe. I am slick in printing out designs and placing them on my shirt.

33: McGraw - Is that really your last name?
He is my roomate, who I brought along, and no, it's not his last name.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
scar imma try to visit you before next tourni for all day falcon dittos which would be sexy

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I have Bugz's controller, but don't worry, I won't use it or anything. The thing doesn't even have rubber on the analog (that's what she said!). Seriously though, I'll bring it to every event I attend in the hopes of getting it to you.

Also, I go to Drexel, if you live near there >.>
Thanx for holding the controller. I owe you one. And don't my controller get you pregnant

Good ****, bro. You can give it to me, or come over when SmashBrudda plans on visiting Penn.
Yo Scar, d'you get my PM? Sorry I couldn't IM you, it even took me a week to figure out how to post on the SmashBoards. I'm dead serious! I doubt I can make it to the Smashfest tommorow but if you want to do something for Smash on Friday or Saturday I can make it

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
There's a smashfest tomorrow and Boco's sexy :samus: wasn't invited?!
Atleast that what I think Scar said. I wanted to go to those Smashfest so I can get used to that level of tournament play and learn how to fight against a variety of characters.

GOTM

Smash Champion
i forget to shoutout Clai I think.

seriously, i gotta give you some props. you know how to play the game. go to more tournies, you'll get a lot better. and your shirt is awesome

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
1: M2K - I hate you. I am always in second because you exist. One of these days...
2: Cactuar - I hate you. You are always in second place because M2K exists. At least you are such a nice person that you are willing to volunteer so much effort towards him that you have become Mew2Dad. *high five*
3: Tec0 - Haha, it was a good set. I don't mind losing a set here and there to people, as I generally make up for it. I'm sorry about learning people at a truly ridiculous rate. >.>
Lmao it truly is absurd >.< I'll get you next time cactuar i intend to play you again :lick:.

and LMAO at giving yourself a shout out with mew2dad ROFL your awesome ;).

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Here's my shoutouts. I didn't get to play everyone and I didn't know the names of who I playing 25%. I'll only call out the people I remember

M2K: They don't call you the best for nothing. Your form is flawless and none of your video due you justice. And I got you down to 2 stock and I plan to beat you next time.
Cactuar: Fighting you is like fighting Cactus. Do you grab, do you punch? Eitherway, I'm F()cked. Next time I'm bringing a serious drought because even Cactus can die in the desert.
Alexander Triad: You tought that you're not supposed to combo or KO Samus horizontally. You probably heard this from alot of people before but next I gonna **** and you're going to like it.
Pakman: Nice moonwalking and thanx for training me
Ultima or Utimate(Somebody who's name started off with one of those): Good ****, thanx for training me
Scar: Awesome tournament, hope to play next time
GOTM: I played you in a Friedly team match and lost. Most confusing match of my career. Introduced me into competitive smash
Chocobo: Thanx for finding my brother's controller. Homo! And I hope to play you next time
Michael: I think I played you. I get kiling myself and I lost and once I feel like I playing a bad match, I usually play worse and mess up even more
Jollies: Same story with Micheal.
Steve: I believe I played someone named Steve. Used a Zelda to **** me
Bugz: Dis Niga? He left my **** controller at the tournament. One day I find out were he lives and make him and his family pay. So everybody else " sshh, be bery quite. I'm huntin wabit. P.S. Bugz wanted to say wazzup to everybody by the way.
Ace: Homie, you're awesome. Nobody is on your level. I can understand fully why you bombed you're because that was you're first time being in professional smash, didn't know how to fight any other character besides Fox and you wanted everybody to enjoy the game one last time before you rise to the top and hold the Smash community by the @$$. Don't worry, you'll get him next time champ.

Sorry if I forgot to mention anybody.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Figure I'll do this Cactuar style and use the results to post shoutouts. There's too many people I missed first time around.

M2K - Got matched against you second match after the pools. You're just awesome.
Cactuar - We didn't play and said about two words to each other. Probably why you didn't notice me. You are however the one that urged me to get better after indirectly stating I was not worth mentioning last year. Also: You're ominous when you watch matches. You just stare at the screen and you don't even blink. It's unnerving.
Eggm - Already shouted out to you, but thanks again for your patience.
SlikVik - You didn't help me directly, but I can always respect someone who takes time out to give advice. (To Ame)
Scar - Great tourney and all that jazz. Remember the smash 64 cart next time please.
Velocity - Respect for Doc tips. Also your "surround sound" voice.
Chocobo*
ChiboSempai*
KCS - Work on your Doc, your Link and your Ness. I don't think your Captain Falcon is worth salvaging.
Ame - You're a patient learner. And the aggressive Samus quote will live in infamy.
Steve - Good set. Your shffl'ing had me scared out of my wits, because I'm pretty terrible at it.
Bugz - You are way better than I thought you'd be. You're awesome. Hope to see you again at one of these.

*I'll always confuse you two. Chibo was the one in my pool I think. In which case: Aggressive Samus FTW!

And I think Chocobo was the one who tried to mindgame me out of using Doc before the match even started... In which case: Better luck next time. Though you still creamed me.

And there lie KCS' extended shoutouts. I want to know who that random Falco player who started playing a month ago and didn't enter singles because he didn't feel he was good enough is... we had some fun throughout the day. Playing teams against each other and such. Well whoever you are, your compliments and support gave me some confidence.

Going through the tourney results only made me realize how many people I didn't play. Better luck next time KCS... better luck next time.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts

SlikVik: your peach is very good i will practice and beat u
M2K: your just really good
Ame: we should practice sometime. if you can u can come over here or i go there.
roykid: you are like the white brother i never had we are cool and next time we meet we will how some fun matches.
Scar: you are a cool guy yo im willing to go to your house on the weeksend to practice if i can sleep over lol
Toushi: you already know
Bass: your a great falco but i hate falco and lasers lol
Teczero: i dont know but for some reason i have to play you. if i can get a chace i will head up to ur house and play
Ryoko: i want my peach to play like yours lol we had some fun matches.
Eggm: you are the man u killed me and matt in doubles lol i will get u next time.
Gotm: i didnt want to lose to u lol i got mad but next time we will play i will be better and i will stomp ur fox. i mean it you and teczero are ppl i really want to beat so be ready.

D

Deleted member

*high five*

me either!

edit: when I saw him last anyway. >_>

Beat

Smash Ace
*I'll always confuse you two. Chibo was the one in my pool I think. In which case: Aggressive Samus FTW!
Oh man, there it is again. Someone not realizing that camping isn't aggression. Oh well.

THAT is CHOCOBO. Chocobo is aggressive and brainless.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I know he's not considered aggressive. Just joking around. And those pictures just confuse me more.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
**** it chocobo i always get distracted by your sig. i cant help but stare at that little dancing azn kid. plus remember the hoodie designs we talked about at scars house man. make it happen. =]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Scar, you should make a poll or something to see if people would go to a big smashpocalypse or smashacre or smashtopia.
Smashpocalypse can turn into a big tournament, but us ToS members running CoT already have big plans lol :cool:
We're running one more local tournament then switching to regional trying to become the first regional brawl tournament. After that... national?? :crazy:

Scar

#HarveyDent
Smashpocalypse can turn into a big tournament, but us ToS members running CoT already have big plans lol :cool:
We're running one more local tournament then switching to regional trying to become the first regional brawl tournament. After that... national?? :crazy:
Stop it. Chibo, you know I love you, but don't make me compare tournaments with you. Furthermore, TSA is way bigger and has an uncomparably larger standing in the Smash community than ToS, so if either of us have the potential to host a successful regional tournament, I don't think it's much of a contest.

I dunno, like I'm glad you're ambitious, but you saying that you're going to host the first regional Brawl tournament is like Xzax saying he has the best Luigi in PA. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it's not that easy.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
It's not easy to get people to go to regional/national things. You need to be a well known established tournament director. TA, the Kishes, and the mages are all famous for be able to host large tournaments. ToS is a fledgling crew in the smash community and will need to work its way up to host such an event.

Hosting a regional thing also cannot rely solely on the generosity of others for setups. I don't know how the other guys do it, but they always have a decent amount of setups before donations.

Regional tournaments do not just happen. Then are planned months in advance and gain hype as time goes on. No offense, but a ToS tournament cannot receive the hype necessary to convince people to travel several states over for a smash tournament. At least not yet. You should probably plan for more local stuff and get that bigger before you "decide" to host a regional thing.

You may want to look into getting sponsored by MLG, if they are still sponcoring events. With their payout, more people may come.

In conclusion, wrong thread, jerkass.

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I dunno. I'm cool with these local tournaments. I'm not gonna have as much free time soon (well, maybe) to go traipsing about all over the place.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not easy to get people to go to regional/national things. You need to be a well known established tournament director. TA, the Kishes, and the mages are all famous for be able to host large tournaments. ToS is a fledgling crew in the smash community and will need to work its way up to host such an event.

Hosting a regional thing also cannot rely solely on the generosity of others for setups. I don't know how the other guys do it, but they always have a decent amount of setups before donations.

Regional tournaments do not just happen. Then are planned months in advance and gain hype as time goes on. No offense, but a ToS tournament cannot receive the hype necessary to convince people to travel several states over for a smash tournament. At least not yet. You should probably plan for more local stuff and get that bigger before you "decide" to host a regional thing.

You may want to look into getting sponsored by MLG, if they are still sponcoring events. With their payout, more people may come.

In conclusion, wrong thread, jerkass.
were def cool on still running locals for now, but we would only do a regional thing if we could do it right. im talkin planning it months ahead, and only if we can get a TON of setups confirmed. after we get our group recognized by drexel, we should be able to rent out a section of the behrakis grand hall for free, and have them provide a bunch of TVs. If only these requirements can be met and also have a 2 day event, then we'll do it. obviously ToS isn't that well known yet but we got some good feedback from our first tourney, our second one should be a lot better, and our members are attending all the tournaments we can now. also, if we can get some well known players to back us, that would help a lot.

GOTM

Smash Champion
lol, chibo likes to plan things way in advance, which is probably why hes bringing this up.

im pretty sure he knows things are far from being like that for now.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Scar I was thinking. Since the venue is free, if we charge a 5-10$ venue fee for smashpocalypse. That would allow us to purchase 2 or 3 televisions per tournament. However, it may scare off some locals. Just something to think about I guess.

Top Bottom