• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Eggm

Smash Hero
Since the total cost of entering now is only 15$ For singles/doubles a 5$ entry fee would be well worth it for more setups. Good idea. Or more people could step it up and bring more tv's. :p In any case I had a lot of fun and can't wait for the next either way. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol, chibo likes to plan things way in advance, which is probably why hes bringing this up.

im pretty sure he knows things are far from being like that for now.
haha i like planning things in advance. i kno its still not happening for some time, but iv got CoT plans till like august lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
were def cool on still running locals for now, but we would only do a regional thing if we could do it right. im talkin planning it months ahead
Yeah, that's cool, but in your last post you said you wanted to run the FIRST regional Brawl tournament. That's simply a lie, I don't think that you can, because I'm pretty sure there is one happening in February. So for you to do one in early February and for you to be planning your event months ahead leads to a contradiction, but I would like to think that you're smart enough to concede and hold maybe the third or fourth regional tournament and actually planning months ahead.

Scar I was thinking. Since the venue is free, if we charge a 5-10$ venue fee for smashpocalypse.
Brilliant. Another idea is to take a cut of the singles money. If I were to have done a standard 70/20/10 split, M2K would have won over $250 dollars. That's a ridiculous pot for a local tournament, and I don't think anyone would mind if I just took money out of that ridiculous pot.

I think this idea might be better though, because people really liked my 1st-5th cash out system, myself included. We'll think about it.

Next one planned to be January 12... who's interested?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea if we get a free venue i was considering a tv/wii fee as well (wiis possibly since there wont be as many wiis going around as there are cubes for brawl)
is it def the 12th? im down for that

i didnt mean to say the first lol, i meant one of the first. like first 5 or so, and im thinking late march. which one is in feb? i wanna go to it lol

Beat

Smash Ace
So for you to do one in early February and for you to be planning your event months ahead leads to a contradiction, but I would like to think that you're smart enough to concede and hold maybe the third or fourth regional tournament and actually planning months ahead.
Scar loves winning arguments more than he loves his mom, his dog, and ice cream combined.

Eggm

Smash Hero
5$ venue fee would be cool. For more tv's , dont change the pot delivery system tho, thats awesome.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
January 12th is perfect for me. I will improve an ish load by then and I'm sure you guys will too. But there's never been a video game challenge I couldn't overcome so I'm hoping I win next time. Slim chance though

Scar

#HarveyDent
Cless, come over my house every once in a while! I'll get you good @ smash. You just need to not mind losing.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Anybody wants to come down here in Newark to play Smash?

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Chances are pretty low for me on the 12th, but if I do come it'll be unannounced and with a cube and smash like this time.

Which reminds me: If you take a memory card out of a game cube to load a file with everything unlocked on another game cube, please return it to the game cube it came from once the file is loaded. It's pretty scary when something you brought just turns up missing. I know I overreacted a little about it, but still...

EdSam

Smash Cadet
And there lie KCS' extended shoutouts. I want to know who that random Falco player who started playing a month ago and didn't enter singles because he didn't feel he was good enough is... we had some fun throughout the day. Playing teams against each other and such. Well whoever you are, your compliments and support gave me some confidence.
Haha, that's me! The random falco guy who can't play (aka edsam) :laugh:
Thanks for the shoutout, hope to see you at the next event!

Scar

#HarveyDent
Just to reiterate, who would be interested in coming on Jan 12? I think Wesley would come and hopefully more of TSA NJ, and I hope all of the locals can make it out! You guys really made the last one great.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, like I'm glad you're ambitious, but you saying that you're going to host the first regional Brawl tournament is like Xzax saying he has the best Luigi in PA. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it's not that easy.
I should MM ditto whoever that is. lol.

Beat

Smash Ace
Just to reiterate, who would be interested in coming on Jan 12? I think Wesley would come and hopefully more of TSA NJ, and I hope all of the locals can make it out! You guys really made the last one have more money for M2K to take from everyone. Also, I miss Chocobo.
Fixed for accuracy.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
umm jan 12th. I'd go if wesley goes, thats practice for pound 3.

Scar last one? as in last one b4 brawl or last one because you won't be able to host anything?

Scar

#HarveyDent
I would have one in mid February but I guess there's no point, since yes, Brawl will be out. So Swift, sounds like this will be the last one.

Also, I'm pretty sure Wes will still be in Yardley on the 12th. His break is longer than yours.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
I would have one in mid February but I guess there's no point, since yes, Brawl will be out. So Swift, sounds like this will be the last one.

Also, I'm pretty sure Wes will still be in Yardley on the 12th. His break is longer than yours.
screw it keep having them until a certain amount of people dont come. scars tourni ftw

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I'm hosting a Halo 3 tournament at my school as we speak with more people than you had at your preivious turn-e Scar. But I hate Halo, and the f()ckers here made me do it. The 360 suck. Wii forever.

Sorry this has nothing to do with Smashacolypse but I'm pissed I have to play this game.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
except when those random ps2 fighters use a TV that would be better off with smash on it :laugh:
Hey don't knock on the ps2 fighters. The matches are so much faster. Also, it draws more fringe players.

Why do you have almost 1000 posts? SLOW DOWN.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Hey don't knock on the ps2 fighters. The matches are so much faster. Also, it draws more fringe players.

Why do you have almost 1000 posts? SLOW DOWN.
lol. my count got huge from about a few weeks ago. recently, i havent been posting more than like 30 posts a week...about a month ago it was like i was on crack though...

also, i forgot goepel likes ps2 fighters, and goepel is the man...so i dont mind then, lol

Top Bottom