• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Milos

Smash Lord
Front page says $10 per individual doesn't it?

nevermind, **** $10 per team?

milos, by your logic everything should be free. Why is $10 per person fine for singles, you're not any more likely to beat those people in singles than you are in teams. There's already no venue fee (or am I wrong?) so you're saving money already.
cause for singles it's really a tossup

with top 5 payouts it's really up for grabs between m2k/mango/pc/jman/cort/etc.

with teams that stacked it's kind of a giveaway

skyheart

Smash Lord
cause for singles it's really a tossup

with top 5 payouts it's really up for grabs between m2k/mango/pc/jman/cort/etc.

with teams that stacked it's kind of a giveaway
who can beat mango? honestly, this is a serious question

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Hahahaha
Tope is the confident end of our team
But **** it, you're right =P
Too good Kage
I can't wait for our MM!

Also, @ Milos, teams being "stacked" doesn't mean they're a good team.
Sometimes team synergy can overwhelm individual play. ^_~
It's ridiculous to have a 10$ teams entry at a tourney of this size.

skyheart

Smash Lord
m2k will beat mango, i might take the FIVE DOLLARS I SAVE OFF TEAMS and bet it on him

LOL
m2k like quit, mentally, since he doesn't have the controller or whatever, and no one plays him i heard, even people that live to him doesn't even play him, for whatever reason, i have no idea, but there's no chance that m2k can beat mango at this point, there's just none

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wanna get top 3 again :) EC regional crew battle at genesis!!!

cyrain and I are winning teams

can we just do like 15$ a person plz? 30$ team toto gogoodoossddzdzzz

Milos

Smash Lord
lolol you dont even know

i'm going to cinnaminson on thursday, and the controller is getting there tomorrow by mail

everything is going to work out, dont worry. jason's got this.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I wanna get top 3 again :) EC regional crew battle at genesis!!!

cyrain and I are winning teams

can we just do like 15$ a person plz? 30$ team toto gogoodoossddzdzzz
If you two win teams, ice cream for you two, on me.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
m2k will beat mango, i might take the FIVE DOLLARS I SAVE OFF TEAMS and bet it on him

LOL
then you won't be saving any money lol.

I think m2k could win if he didn't have this huge mental block about it. He's lost twice and teh second time worse than the first and I think he just doesn't care enough now, so he won't win.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
team MM? anyone daring enough.... jman/eggm rematch>?

#1- we'll have to do teams matches at tuar's

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Hehehehe. We shall see. I mean...I won't have a lot of extra funds at this, so we'll see. Depends on how the first MMs I do end up going. If I win, I'll keep on going. =P

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
i hear you guys but scar usually spreads pay out, at least in singles real nice.
and people really dont have money right now and i feel like my pockets are up in the air with the debate.
cyrain and tope are good enough to win but the pot is made up of noobs, noobs + pricey does not go well together. jfox is the other advocate for bumping it and i understand its a big tourney but not all of us just have money to burn, e.g. offering to pay for mangos trip previously.

.. just saying.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Here's what I'll do about entry fees. As I'm about to start teams entry fees I will ask everyone who will NOT be entering teams if the entry fee is $10 as opposed to $5.

I think SPOC is awesome because of the turnout we get, and if I hike up prices then I'm pretty sure that turnout is going to fall. $15 for any single event is ridiculous, and I guess $10 for teams is fair considering there is no venue fee. I'm thinking about it.

We're in a recession.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm definitely down to do teams money matches. M2K isn't the only player that can beat Mango, even though I'm definitely confident he can beat him. In addition, I'm one of those players that can beat him as well.

Remember everyone, I'm gonna try and bring DJ's Antioxidant Defense to the tournament =)

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I do understand that not everyone has money to "burn". I'm in that boat as well. But Ive been saving money here and there so that I could MAKE sure that I'd be able to attend, including saving winnings from HERB. It just doesn't seem to me that 5$ more per person is that much more to ask for a tourney of this size that occurs so rarely, particularly with as many OOSers and big names as there will be here. And the point of no venue fee is also valid. It just seems to make more sense to me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
il teams MM tope + cyrain in brawl lol
havnt played ur team since that c3 back in like july or somethin of last year with ESOJ

i wanna try and talk rush into holding brawl+ over brawl so its more fun for the melee players and they can get a chance to try it out

Can someone in Philly be really cool and pick me up from LK's before SPOC and drop me off there after it?

if you dont find anyone im sure theres a public trans option, LKs come out to drexel b4 for tourneys, and not to mention how often he's at UP lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
if you dont find anyone im sure theres a public trans option, LKs come out to drexel b4 for tourneys, and not to mention how often he's at UP lol
Yeah, I know I can get there via public transportation but I'm already taking the train to philly and back, which is kinda pricey. I really don't want to spend any more money on transportation when it's like a 5-10 minute car ride prolly.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

Yeah, I know I can get there via public transportation but I'm already taking the train to philly and back, which is kinda pricey. I really don't want to spend any more money on transportation when it's like a 5-10 minute car ride prolly.

Its actually closer to 20-30 minutes.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Scar, I'm going to need 2 cars Saturday morning for the people I'm housing and the tv. Work your magic.

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna lie, I do have money to burn. But whose (ghey) fault is that really? I'm taking 18 credits at school and waiting tables on the side. I've been working since I was 15 years old. I've just learned that if you wanna enjoy life you have to sacrifice some time and work a little.

I'm not rich by any means, but I can certainly afford to spend an extra $5. You've gotta spend money to have fun, that's life. If you want a good turnout at tourneys, high entry fees are what brings out the best of the best. And the best players are what bring the crowds (look at ROM). Low entry fees do not draw crowds, otherwise long live hitstun would be bumpin, and we all know that isn't the case, lol.

Scar

#HarveyDent
WHOSE*** fault is that, and if you had used then/than whichever one you would have chosen would have been wrong.

Top Bottom