• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
PFFFFFFFFFFFT ***** it's not like that's the only time I've 4 stocked you, it happened multiple times!! Your correct response to me should be "man mew2king i wish i was you, you're pretty incredible at smash at random times, randomly"
LOL!
THIS SH*T WAS THAT ETHER, BOY! LMAOOO! SEE. . . JAY YOU GOTTA SAY THIS SH*T IN PERSON! HYPES YOU UP! THIS MESS HAD ME CRYIN' SON!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Does jv 4 count as a 4? Either way, I'm still justified to say I beat you one match in friendlies. :D ...too bad it's a 3 stock every other time than that T_T

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no one's allowed to type anymore if they get 4 stocked by me at least 5 times the amount that they win

anyway is anyone gonna visit? Any Tuesday or Thursday for the most part is good, since I don't have college those days
im coming over tuesday
u kno this lol

though im reserving it for brawl :)
melee players can go over thurs lol

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
hey m2k r u coming it this u have to let me no

cause im going to start playing again 4 this since mango coming

<3 mango

R3N0

Smash Lord
I think I need someone to team with me... PM / IM me. HBK may or may not be going.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
i don't believe that

:laugh:
:(

It's true though. Jason, remember that one friendly where I ***** the **** out of your Sheik with Falcon on Yoshi's Story and you whined about me camping? Because I obviously can shoot so many projectiles and run away with the massive amount of space on Yoshi's with Falcon.

Alukard

Smash Hero
this is bull**** ... i can't even come to spoc

F*ck this date change i knew it ... i knew i wasn't going to be able to come =[

EDIT ... pokemon owns me ... i'm better at it then i am at melee cuz theres no tech skill lol

i win too much money from it ... sry scar ... i knew the date change would f*ck me

Alukard

Smash Hero
is anyone else going to go win money with pokemon cards instead of melee in philly w/ mango or is it just u
EDITED ur post to make me look better lol because its the truth lol

seriously i'm sry unless they change the date its impossible ... i had a feeling when u changed the date it was going to hurt me really badly

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah i know you have to take care of business but does jesus/aziz etc have to go do that too or is it just u

Alukard

Smash Hero
yeah i know you have to take care of business but does jesus/aziz etc have to go do that too or is it just u
hax is probably going to pokemon too its a $2,000+travel allowance trip to st. louis prize. =\

kinda bigger $$ on the line ... btw free entree LOL pokemon 4 lyfe lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hahahah, I can't stop laughing, that was wayyyyy too good. LOL!

Eggm

Smash Hero
So I was just watching the mango juice vids and they had matches for like say 6th place for example for the people who usually just tie for 5th. We should start doing this at EC melee tournaments, what do you think scar? This gives people extra chances to play people they maybe wanted to play in the bracket and also would help with more accurate power rankings within the tristate. Whats everyone else think? IMO it helps with the competitive spirit of the region and is a good idea.

Scar

#HarveyDent
TEACH pokemon to understand****

yeah i wanted to do that at RoM to split out the cash but IMO there is no real reason to do it unless there is cash involved

i'll try it at SPOC though, I think it would be cool definitely in the spirit of competition

Eggm

Smash Hero
There is a point if you want to make your area more competitive which I think it does. Plus we should start paying out to 5th anyway unless we get like 10 people who enter. :(

Its better for rankings too IMO.

Alukard

Smash Hero
These Payasos are serious! They wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is they real test, to train is their cause. They will travel across the land, searching far and wide; Each Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. . .
mad cute ... but mayb u want to hear the prizes first

U.S. Regionals

1st Place

* A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 1st Place Trophy
* A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2009 U.S. National Championships at America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
* A scholarship award worth $1500 (Click here for scholarship details and restrictions).
* A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions (100$ worth)

hmmm sounds bigger then the spoc pot ... and did i mention entrance is free ... quit life ...

also pakman pokemon had a bigger turnout then magic at the origins in ohio last year ... =\

pokemon is the biggest competitive tcg atm

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i still think its funny u think sheik is the best m2k

ur really an idiot sometimes jason, you know?

you're just bad against sheik (in comparison to your skill against other characters) and biased because of that.

hence why when you go sheik you get ***** by dashizwiz's fox ;-) (because fox ***** sheik and is a better character)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
mad cute ... but mayb u want to hear the prizes first

U.S. Regionals

1st Place

* A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 1st Place Trophy
* A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2009 U.S. National Championships at America’s Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
* A scholarship award worth $1500 (Click here for scholarship details and restrictions).
* A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions (100$ worth)

hmmm sounds bigger then the spoc pot ... and did i mention entrance is free ... quit life ...

also pakman pokemon had a bigger turnout then magic at the origins in ohio last year ... =\

pokemon is the biggest competitive tcg atm
LMFAO at using Origins as a point of reference for that. Origins boned MTG so hard a couple years back by ****ing with WotC and losing their support. That year completely killed all interest that even semi-serious MTG players had in Origins. I know I was pissed, prize support was *** and completely killed any interest I had in attending Origins ever again.

What's Pro-Tour prize support for Pokemangz look like? I honestly have no idea what it looks like, but for reference, MTG Pro-Tours have been paying out $40K to first place (4 events/year) for awhile now on top of benefits for players who have reached level 3 or above in the pro players club or w/e).

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAO at using Origins as a point of reference for that. Origins boned MTG so hard a couple years back by ****ing with WotC and losing their support. That year completely killed all interest that even semi-serious MTG players had in Origins. I know I was pissed, prize support was *** and completely killed any interest I had in attending Origins ever again.

What's Pro-Tour prize support for Pokemangz look like? I honestly have no idea what it looks like, but for reference, MTG Pro-Tours have been paying out $40K to first place (4 events/year) for awhile now on top of benefits for players who have reached level 3 or above in the pro players club or w/e).
whoa i'm not talking about prize payouts ... lets be serious here i'm not ******** i'm talking attendance ... and when theres more attendance i get to sell stuff to people at ******** OOS OOC bonuses lol ... i know mtg is madddd huge ... its just people just stick to locals for it ... and i think thats stupid ... i am tryin to learn how to play btw ... so u should teach me mogwai tizzle ... i'll teach u smash ... and by smash i mean samus lmfaooo ... ok ok i know u dont want to learn her ... so just teach me mtg lol

BTW pokemon gives u alot only because they give u "SPECIAL" pokemon merchandise where people with no life and **** buy them for like 10k lol silly idiots lol

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
whoa i'm not talking about prize payouts ... lets be serious here i'm not ******** i'm talking attendance ... and when theres more attendance i get to sell stuff to people at ******** OOS OOC bonuses lol ... i know mtg is madddd huge ... its just people just stick to locals for it ... and i think thats stupid ... i am tryin to learn how to play btw ... so u should teach me mogwai tizzle ... i'll teach u smash ... and by smash i mean samus lmfaooo ... ok ok i know u dont want to learn her ... so just teach me mtg lol

BTW pokemon gives u alot only because they give u "SPECIAL" pokemon merchandise where people with no life and **** buy them for like 10k lol silly idiots lol
I was just saying that Origins is a terrible point of reference for MTG, they screwed WotC over, so the MTG scene dried up there.

I really have no idea how to teach MTG from scratch, but once you sorta understand the game I can teach you to be a monster in limited formats and how to prepare for constructed formats (though I honestly never had much determination for constructed formats) and just generally how to play well.

Top Bottom