• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Nope, at the end when I was my peak at melee I would never ever lose to a Falcon with Sheik.
You could have been better than your opponents or they could be bad at the matchup(I haven't honestly seen *any* that play it properly).

This is basically how the matchup should go
Sheik has no safe approaches ever at all whatsoever. Falcon is fast enough that she has to start the dash attack kinda early to hit him if he dashdances and that is predictable as hell. All her aeriels can be DD grabbed. If she just stands there and tilts you can grab her after a tilt(or CC it and punish since you can CC her tilts forever. EVEN SHEIK can CC her own dtilt after 100% wtf, what a garbage character.) If she needles just jump over them and if she goes on a platform just stay out of the diagonal range of the needles.

M2K is a real ****** in the matchup though. The last time I played him in it he said moments into the match "Why fight with Sheik when you can camp?" (The obvious answer is that Sheik can't fight) Every time he had a percent lead he ran to the ledge like a ***** and camped it and the match was on FoD T_T. The result was him beating me on his last stock because my spacing is beauteous but wow, way to be exceedingly homo in a friendly.

She has to DI away and you can 90% of the time jump out right before any knees hit. Uair is the only thing fast enough to hit sheik, and if she DI's away she doesn't stay in the combo.
How is Sheik above Falcon? Stomp. Stomp --> knee = combo. Go to training mode if you don't believe me. 100% of the time at the percents where stomp pops her high enough in the air for knee, she gets hit. Maybe abysmal Falcons miss that combo 90% of the time and let you jump out, but that's not the case if they don't suck.

Don't you talk about my girl like that!!!
I have to be honest. I've taken Sheik's stocks for tilting me before and I've picked her up so I don't have to waste time against low tiers but when I pick her against real characters and lose stocks for hitting my opponent and getting edgeguard ***** far harder than spacies I have to be honest about it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
In theory that sounds good, but with sheik throwing needles under platforms (always ban FD) and being a *****, it makes things really tough for Falcon. If I learned one thing in melee, though, it's not to underestimate teh_spamerer's gayness so I'm sure it is very possible for that matchup. I also agree that most falcons don't play it right (don't have the patience) but I think - at worst- it's an even matchup for Sheik.

But also thank you for pointing out that Falcons don't play it right (SCAR!!!) so Tope shouldn't be losing. =P

Sheik off the edge is extremely lame, but there are tons of tricks you can use. Even if I was never that good at melee, I will very gladly claim the title of "hardest to edgeguard sheik"

Note that this does not include getting back onto the stage from the edge, just getting to the edge LMAO

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I lost to scar because of my failure to ever grab the ledge and properly edgeguard, and I DIed into every single one of his uair/nair combo's.

The tricks that sheik have for getting back to the ledge include, double explosion on the ground, up+b ing early and hoping they miss, doing a delayed explosion on the edge so maybe they get off it early, and hitting the reappear right next the ledge so there's a smaller amount of lag. BUT all of that is pointless if they refresh invincibility at the proper time.

JFox

Smash Hero
Theory smash blows. Come to spoc and show us what you've got. Stop talking about who is better in theory, and start figuring out a plan of action.

Falcon says it best- show me your moves.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Theory smash blows. Come to spoc and show us what you've got. Stop talking about who is better in theory, and start figuring out a plan of action.

Falcon says it best- show me your moves.

Dang homie. . . Couldn't have said it better myself.
Homie here is straight right. Theory smash does blow. Play the game and STFU. SPOC, n*ggas. Do it.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What about Sheik's tech chase game on Falcon? **** is sooooooo gay
You make it your #1 goal to never ever do anything that leads to her grabbing you. If you're good at it, at low % you can just miss the tech and smash DI the jab so you don't have to getup slowly. I don't have much practice at that though so I just make it my #1 goal to not ever get grabbed. Falcon has a beastly techchase game on Sheik as well, it just requires actual skill to do.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thumbs, :'(
**** you.
ROFL <3

You make it your #1 goal to never ever do anything that leads to her grabbing you. If you're good at it, at low % you can just miss the tech and smash DI the jab so you don't have to getup slowly. I don't have much practice at that though so I just make it my #1 goal to not ever get grabbed. Falcon has a beastly techchase game on Sheik as well, it just requires actual skill to do.

Yeah, it's very hard for me to d throw tech chase Sheik. I lack practice in that matchup, so I don't have the timings down yet.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
teh_spamerer, those are lies.

If Falcon doesn't make his tech and he's below 41 damage after he gets hit by Sheik's jab, he will automatically just do a getup, not attack. Also, all Sheik has to do is cc, wait to see if they getup/roll and from there it's easy mode.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
teh_spamerer, those are lies.

If Falcon doesn't make his tech and he's below 41 damage after he gets hit by Sheik's jab, he will automatically just do a getup, not attack. Also, all Sheik has to do is cc, wait to see if they getup/roll and from there it's easy mode.
LOL

Move to tristate, you might learn about this cool technique called Smash DI. Magus gets it ~50% of the time, teczero was complaining to me that his brother always smash DI's his jabs when he tries to jab reset him. No, I'm not saying that Falcon attacks, what happens is you get popped very slightly up into the air. Obviously, that means you aren't going to slowly getup from the ground.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I know about sdi and I am not far from tristate lol.

Basically Magus just owned me with his own information. LOL. I thought what he posted about the forced getup was GUARANTEED. I didn't realize that if you sdi the jab you can just like jump out of it afterwards lol. That wasn't in teh guidezorz.

Even so, you can react to if they don't tech, then cc. If they hit you with getup anywhere from 0-100, you can go grab them. If they roll, moving from down to left/right is not that hard lol.

Edit: I haven't tried the cc'ing versus actual human beings so I can't really talk. I just thought of it one day aka read a post by Magus cuz I no haz a brain and I want to test it out. So far I'm pretty sure it'd be pretty easy to react to...(even though practicing vs comps doesn't help too much since 99% of the time they don't tech). All you are reacting to is if they hit you or roll in a position though. Stupid theory smash is stupid/can't be used as a viable argument. :(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
fun note - last time i palyed jman in sheik vs falcon i beat him 3 stock low % With scar watching, and ive 4 stocked spam with sheik before and beat him 6-1 in fox vs sheik and falco vs sheik MM. I'm amazing and should be praised periodically.

jk i suck

btw my tier list opinion goes like this

Sheik
Fox
Marth
Falco
Jiggs
Falcon
Peach
ICs
Doc
Ganon
DK
Mario
Samus
Luigi
Pikachu
Link
YLink
Zelda
GW
Roy
Yoshi
Pichu
Bowser
Mewtwo
Ness
Kirby

way better than any current list

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I actually agree with that list mostly, except switch Sheik and Marth :p so you think Kirby is the worst character in the game? Well that might heat up a certain debate in a certain CT thread lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
fun note - last time i palyed jman in sheik vs falcon i beat him 3 stock low % With scar watching, and ive 4 stocked spam with sheik before and beat him 6-1 in fox vs sheik and falco vs sheik MM. I'm amazing and should be praised periodically.
Fun note - M2K lost that one match to me immediately after I lost to xzax and backed out of doing the money matches with normal tournament rules. I still would have won the Falco MM if I didn't suck and SDed :(.

faaaag, you only 4 stocked me by ledgecamping the entire match while I just ran to the ledge because it's a friendly. I'll **** your balls off, $1 MM Falcon, Fox, Falco, each vs Sheik with standard tournament rules.

Cia

das kwl

Fun note - M2K lost that one match to me immediately after I lost to xzax and backed out of doing the money matches with normal tournament rules. I still would have won the Falco MM if I didn't suck and SDed :(.

faaaag, you only 4 stocked me by ledgecamping the entire match while I just ran to the ledge because it's a friendly. I'll **** your balls off, $1 MM Falcon, Fox, Falco, each vs Sheik with standard tournament rules.

i don't believe that

:laugh:

noodles

Smash Champion
I actually agree with that list mostly, except switch Sheik and Marth :p so you think Kirby is the worst character in the game? Well that might heat up a certain debate in a certain CT thread lol
LOL. i was thing of quoting this there

edit:the list

skyheart

Smash Lord

just like lol master vs mew2king on youtube, i consider that not trying

Top Bottom