• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashpocalypse IX ~ April 24th ~ Your Classic Melee Haven.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Just let me handle the commentary.
I will defer to DJ Nintendo any day. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
I think its a bit more difficult to commentate about in melee.

Like the best ones are the ones that just hype it all up.

Plus its so fast paced. I mean go for it if you can talk like Klaz for a straight 4 mins.

<3 Klazart
teczero, watch this, trust me, you will love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufPGqU8Q0uc&feature=channel_page

Eggm

Smash Hero
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Favorited also. Hilarious. <3 klazart, but cholera still holds my heart. Wish he would return. :(

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, I love how Melee is in red. <3 Its my favorite colour. Anyways, hype! This is tommorow.

This is Orthopedics, I just changed my name again. :3

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... I dunno if I can make this tomorrow. Gonna be doing some volunteer work in the morning, maybe I can get there after. Hopefully it won't be late afternoon, since I won't be coming if I can't make singles.

Also, all I have a crazy two year old high school ID. Think that'll fly even if it's old? Otherwise, I'm gonna have to get a state photo ID (planned to get one tomorrow anyway, but it'll delay me by an hour or so naturally).

Bottom line: I might come (with cube) for singles, don't count on me. :(

Hax

Smash Champion
can someone pick me up from 55 N 11th St Philadelphia, PA 19107 tomorrow at like 11am? my # is 917-499-2984 i'll pay $2 lol. call/text

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
that's like a couple of blocks from broad street, you can take the subway from there

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you decide to take the subway, walk to 11th and market, which is like 1 block or so south of that place. there is the market east subway there, take it going west bound towards 69th street. get off at 34th st.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... I dunno if I can make this tomorrow. Gonna be doing some volunteer work in the morning, maybe I can get there after. Hopefully it won't be late afternoon, since I won't be coming if I can't make singles.

Also, all I have a crazy two year old high school ID. Think that'll fly even if it's old? Otherwise, I'm gonna have to get a state photo ID (planned to get one tomorrow anyway, but it'll delay me by an hour or so naturally).

Bottom line: I might come (with cube) for singles, don't count on me. :(
yea they'll take that id, not a prob

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah it was close IMO he shoulda won but messed up a lot. I was sick tho so i'll take it. :) Just plank.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i got *****. shietttt

gonna keep practicing, hopefully i can beat spacies sometime soon -.- lol

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
did chibo record anything?
most things got recorded, but there was very little commentary. Singles Winner's Finals wasn't recorded, but doubles and singles grand finals were, along with the worst ever crew battles and tons of other random matches.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Chibo, to avoid confusion, I used TUAR in teams GFs and singles.

Chibo tag melee campfest 2010 is probably one of the best matches of all time LOL

Life After Death

Smash Champion
right b4 i got home i literally got attacked by undercover cops. HORRIBLE way to end the night wow madddd pissed right now.

how long till vids are up?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
right b4 i got home i literally got attacked by undercover cops. HORRIBLE way to end the night wow madddd pissed right now.

how long till vids are up?

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I normally post mad long shoutouts, but I was really tired and forgot a lot of the specifics in matches I played. They... might still end up mad long, but I won't be able to shout out everyone I played.

First I wanna say: Sorry my breath stank. I had to get up early, and I didn't. So I skipped brushing my teeth and other stuff to make the start of some volunteer work on time. Yeah... sorry. That's also why I had paint stains on me and stuff.

Vorosh: You destroyed me that one time. I gotta figure out why. It's too bad I can't make it out to philly that often these days, or I'd love to play with you/RanMaru/LunarNova semioften.

LunarNova: I kicked you off a TV like three times. I'm so sorry. I didn't even realize it was always you that I was kickin' off. I kicked you off for a match against Xzax, the eggm money match, and something else I think.

RanMaru/Orthopedics/Sumo_066: I don't feel like we played that much. I'm really hoping you get the rubik's cube down.

Chibo: Great Tourney. Thanks for giving me a place to stay so I didn't have to sit around waiting for my ride for an hour.

Xzax: You were hilarious. Thanks for remembering the directions. Shame nothing was open to get things to eat/drink along the way.

Eggm: I need to get good enough to get that dollar back against your young link. One day it'll happen. I never got to play your fox. I was looking forward to getting four stocked by it :(

Velocity: Good doc dittos. They're always fun.

UltimaScout: I finally saw a match loss on the Link Hyrule challenge. Not sure what happened in the set.

Rin: You were there in spirit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
RanMaru/Orthopedics/Sumo_066: I don't feel like we played that much. I'm really hoping you get the rubik's cube down.

Yeah you are right. I don't remember what I was doing that I forgot which place in line I was waiting to play again haha. ^^;

Although I do know I was trying to get some variety on play people. I should have played you more though. Hopefully next time we will. : D

================

Rin: Yes, you were here in spirit, as Kcs said. I could hear you there already "HEY GUYS 5 HOUR ENERGYYYYYYY" Haha. I know you are going through tough times, but I believe you'll come through.

=================
LunarNova: It was good playing with you. ****, bleach started over. LOL I watched it anyways. I didn't wait for nothing... Although yeah I was dissapointed. Then I went to sleep.

================

Vorosh: I got your water bottle man. Also, good **** commentating with me. : D

================
Shakugan: Thanks for teaming with me man. I honestly thing though, that your peach should punish more. Seriously. When I jab you, I intend to do something else. So out prioritize me with downsmash! Do you think you are hitting a wall or barrier to getting better in melee? Well first, you have to trash whatever makes you think that shouldn't dsmash as often. Maybe because you don't want people to be annoyed, or something. I don't know what it is, but there are options you peach has not used. I'm a doc, and I should fear your peach. So try thinking about that. Let me know what you think.

But anyways, good **** in teams! You did greatly! I know you got a little flustered, but its all good! You have to TRYYYYYYYY to not let your emotions get in the way. Yes, fox is powerfull, and he'll probaly get you with an upsmash or uair... He's fox! You have to respect that. So instead of thinking "oh that fox is blah blah blah" you should think "Ok that fox did this to me its time that I showed him what I CAN DO" ok? I was trying to calm you down, though. I know you were like "wow this is what I get as a welcome gift" or something... LOL yeah. Thats probaly what you'd get.

Remember, That you'll probaly suffer a bit, trying to get good. But thats what we have to do. I got last, but I'm not stressing. I'm trying to ask myself "What did I do wrong? Where can I have done better?" Because when you lose, it means you did something wrong. Its a battle, with your inner self, or inner hollow. And I believe you can do it. I do look forward to playing with you again. I'll team with you at Apex if you'd like. : D

Of course, I know I have my own mistakes and habits myself. Things you said yourself were very right, as well. For example, the positions thing. Where I was going to the edge to try to edgeguard when you were already there. Sorry about that. Since I am doc, I'd probaly do better in the center, but didn't feel as if I was doing anything just waiting for our opponents to get to me, I wanted to help you. Also I hit you alot, and I'll try to tone that down. I also didn't throw alot of pills (even though you said to) because I didn't want to disrupt what you were doing. I was trying to use moves that were less damaging (like the kick or fair) even though I did those moves sometimes too haha.

Good ****!

================

Gotm: It was nice playing you in singles. I tried hard against ya, but **** it lol. I lost again. I have to see what I have done wrong. I was trying to grab you to gimp you but meh.

================

xzax: Played you in losers (I think) and I might have beat ya, but meh. I lost again, I need to re-read the shiek match up. I think I need to seriously cg shieks from now on. Haha.

================

Moo: MOooooooooo it was kool commentating with you too. I don't remember if I played you much, but meh. Hopefully next time.

================
Draft Crews: NOOOOOOOOO I didn't get to play. My team won **** it! :mad:

================
Plairnk: Haha it was nice playing with you (even if it was only for one set). I was the doc, who luckily got one match on you because you were a little greedy hahaha. Good **** though. Hope to see you at Eastern Throw down (I'mma check that thread out) Or maybe Apex. And hopefully gamme (I hope LOL thats just something that might happen if I get the chance)

================

Cactuar: LOL I still don't know what to do against you. Yes, breakfast and sleep are the two most important things in the world! Its how we learn haha. Without learning we can't improve blah blah blah. It was fun playing you. Maybe I'll go to your house sometime again. : D

================

Chibo: Good **** running the tourny! It was great. It was loads of fun. Oh! And the start of the match when I was friendlieing you... I meant to bair you. (faired instead [with z] and died or not died, I don't remember) If I baired you you'd be dead! Hahahaha. I was not playing around... xD

=================

Dj Nintendo: It was fun playing with ya. I know you're a good doc so I just want to see how you play and all. : D Good ****.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Fun tournament. Not a large turnout but I still had a good time. MAD rusty god ****. Good to see everyone who came out.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Carlos: Thanks for getting my water bottle, I had a lot of fun commentating with you, sorry that chik-fil-a sucked (as far as chik-fil-a's go,) keep getting better and I'll see you soon.

LunarNova: We are possibly the worst team ever for friendly 2v2s, sorry for the 20 falcon punches as SPOC, and the million falcon punches to come.

DoYoung: Sorry for being bad mannered after I got 4 stocked, I really didn't mean to be a jerk, you're puff is fantastic and I look forward to getting ***** again by it next time.

Gotm: You were hilarious, I really enjoyed the friendlies with you and Chibo early in the morning. I did not enjoy you going back on your promise to play falcon all day to **** me with fox in loser's

eggm: Hope you feel better, we still have to do that ping pong dollar money match at some point, sorry that I lost to xzax, nice young link

melee community: sorry I lost to xzax in melee

xzax: sorry I lost to xzax, nah, just kidding, I didn't know sheik chain grabbed sheik, and thats my fault, our set was really close, screw brawl, we should play melee again.

Chibo: thanks for hosting an awesome tournament, despite losing all over the place, it was a great experience, and I can't wait to participate in more tourneys in the future

Hax: God you are impressive, sorry for that 20 seconds that I thought you were cactuar when you were over my shoulder, I only saw you out of my peripheral vision, and when I looked, I realized that I was an idiot.

Kasumi: you mentioned the time I ***** you but failed to mention the other time when you ***** me, next time we'll settle the Bo3

Chops: congratz, you're sooooo good

DJ: you said maybe it's time for you to only play good characters and pikachu, I say, play whoever you want, melee is about fun, not winning.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY CONTACT INFO ON TIM?
Tim was the Peach there who fsmashed way to much, and he was a student at Upenn, he probably lives 3 blocks from me, but I have no way of reaching him to play hima again. I had fun playing with him, and chatting with him, if anyone can help me out, please do

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Carlos: Thanks for getting my water bottle, I had a lot of fun commentating with you, sorry that chik-fil-a sucked (as far as chik-fil-a's go,) keep getting better and I'll see you soon.

LunarNova: We are possibly the worst team ever for friendly 2v2s, sorry for the 20 falcon punches as SPOC, and the million falcon punches to come.

DoYoung: Sorry for being bad mannered after I got 4 stocked, I really didn't mean to be a jerk, you're puff is fantastic and I look forward to getting ***** again by it next time.

Gotm: You were hilarious, I really enjoyed the friendlies with you and Chibo early in the morning. I did not enjoy you going back on your promise to play falcon all day to **** me with fox in loser's

eggm: Hope you feel better, we still have to do that ping pong dollar money match at some point, sorry that I lost to xzax, nice young link

melee community: sorry I lost to xzax in melee

xzax: sorry I lost to xzax, nah, just kidding, I didn't know sheik chain grabbed sheik, and thats my fault, our set was really close, screw brawl, we should play melee again.

Chibo: thanks for hosting an awesome tournament, despite losing all over the place, it was a great experience, and I can't wait to participate in more tourneys in the future

Hax: God you are impressive, sorry for that 20 seconds that I thought you were cactuar when you were over my shoulder, I only saw you out of my peripheral vision, and when I looked, I realized that I was an idiot.

Kasumi: you mentioned the time I ***** you but failed to mention the other time when you ***** me, next time we'll settle the Bo3

Chops: congratz, you're sooooo good

DJ: you said maybe it's time for you to only play good characters and pikachu, I say, play whoever you want, melee is about fun, not winning.
Hey dip**** if your going to troll me about playing brawl don't post it 12 times in the same post what are you slow or something

Top Bottom