• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashpocalypse IX ~ April 24th ~ Your Classic Melee Haven.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I wanna come but I need a ride to this.
If you can't get a ride, you can just take the Chinatown bus. Its only $20 round trip.

Chibo, there's no point in D1 asking me or Chops for a ride because we don't have a car lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My mom is thinking of moving to new york. New york is her dream. :3 God getting lost in NY is scary. THERE IS ONLY ONE GAS STATION THERE. *needs gas* OH SHI

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just said the first couple of NY players that came to mind lol

But yea that NY bus is awesome, it's how I get to all NY tourneys and stuff

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah my mom and sis took that. I might take it as well. Chibo, if you take that bus, what tournies do you go to? (do you know how to get there and stuff) I might try that. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah he's pretty good. : D His falcon isn't bad either lol.

You don't suck. : D You are good, but you're getting better. ;D Don't put yourself down man.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
I wanna go so me, Vorosh and Eggm can fanboy over Starcraft.

And I would LIKE to go but not positive if I'm able to atm. I kinda wanna ride >_____<
Horray, you should definitely come, its always nice to meet someone who plays starcraft and can **** me in smash.

vorosh is good for someone who hasnt been to a tourny.

that and i suck :p
thanks for the complement
you don't suck as long as you eat some food before coming and get >2 hours of sleep.

Yeah he's pretty good. : D His falcon isn't bad either lol.
Spam falcon punch all day, that's how I roll.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just so people know, I'm going to open the venue at around 10am, plenty of time to practice

I'm also getting a bunch more confirmations of people coming, I've got an event on facebook with people confirming and ppl calling me and such confirming - gonna be aweomseeee

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just so people know, I'm going to open the venue at around 10am, plenty of time to practice

I'm also getting a bunch more confirmations of people coming, I've got an event on facebook with people confirming and ppl calling me and such confirming - gonna be aweomseeee
Awesome. Definetly gonna be here around 10.

Spam falcon punch all day, that's how I roll.
Yeah man but when we did that ditto and I falcon punched off staged you omg that was so sex xD. We need to do some more dittos at spoc haha. After playing seriously I mean.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
chibo, what time do u think singles will start? Just right after teams? So probably like 3? im debating if we will make it for teams or just singles. probably both, but just curious because i have to work pretty late friday night.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i would expect it to be right after teams i suppose. i mean all the tourneys iv been running lately normally around teams losers semis i close singles signups and draw up the pools so they are ready to start during losers finals. but this is melee and runs fast as hell compared to brawl lol. il likely have time for a mini lunch break in there lol. if your coming for just singles i would say prob dont come any later than 3, but you can keep in touch via phone to make sure you're in.

though i still want to run this fast as hell to get some sweet draft crews or something in

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
word

also good **** @ doubles being $10 per person

its annoying when singles is worth 2x the amount as doubles.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
word

also good **** @ doubles being $10 per person

its annoying when singles is worth 2x the amount as doubles.
Especially when its in a faraway land with mostly 1-2 setups and then 2-3 setups while during tournament! GAH. WHYYYYYYYY... But here in spoc, its gonna be mad space, mad tv's, mad fun, all for those good prices, and closeness. <3

You can't beat that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The only place I tried to go to was the lounge (lounge 101) at drexel and thats about it. Other than that no, but I'm definetly there. Like, I'm there now, in spirit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't mind. As long as its not in harrisburg or anything LOL.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What would you guys rather have, a livestream setup or a setup with guaranteed recording and commentary?
If it's a livestream I can't guarantee recording, though I might be able to.

~36 Hours Remain~

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys rather have, a livestream setup or a setup with guaranteed recording and commentary?
If it's a livestream I can't guarantee recording, though I might be able to.

~36 Hours Remain~
ya know... I've been commentating starcraft for over a year now... I'm a staff commentator at sc2gg
*cough cough* excuse me, sorry, I hope that cough clears up by saturday.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Truthfully I'm just a fan =(. I usually don't have the time to actually practice the game.

<---- Wants Zero vs Flash OSL finals
Ah, I was wondering where I heard the name Vorosh before clicking the thread...

<---- Wants Flash vs ___________ OSL finals

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
any advice from switching from starcraft to melee commentary? From the commentary that I've watched, I gather that I'm supposed to talk about what's going on a lot less and scream "OOOH" a lot more.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No, that's what you don't do imo lol

Real commentary is the best commentary. Stick with your professional style :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
any advice from switching from starcraft to melee commentary? From the commentary that I've watched, I gather that I'm supposed to talk about what's going on a lot less and scream "OOOH" a lot more.
I think its a bit more difficult to commentate about in melee.

Like the best ones are the ones that just hype it all up.

Plus its so fast paced. I mean go for it if you can talk like Klaz for a straight 4 mins.

<3 Klazart

Top Bottom