• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds V: The Final Frontier 5 ** Bi-Weeklies

What side event would you like to see?

• Standard Doubles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Random Partner Doubles

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Low-Tier Singles

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Fixed-Secondary Singles

• Rat's Amazing FFA Extravaganza

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No Johns Singles (ft. Corneria, Green Greens, MK2 and Pokefloats)

• Cactus Tournament

• Other (post in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ORLY

Smash Master
i just took two different reaction speed tests and both of them had my time around a 1/4 of a sec. so if anyone does something that takes more than 15 frames i should be able to counter it.
i feel compelled to tell you that your score is the average human reaction speed

Scythe

Smash Master
i only remember wiselugia running a CoD tourney where money got stolen

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Because he erased all other knowledge of himself from your mind in order to protect his identity.

metroid1117

Smash Master
tech in place is like 21 frames or something
Not that it matters much, but according to Magus in this thread, all characters have a tech-in-place animation of 26 frames. To answer Kels' question, I think a perfect tech-in-place -> shine would take 27 frames total (26 frames for the tech, shine on frame 27; someone please correct me if I'm wrong though).

Kels88

Smash Lord
i feel compelled to tell you that your score is the average human reaction speed
i wasn't saying that my reaction time was better than others. was just saying that in theory i should be able to react to anything more than 15 frames.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
there's different types of reaction speed btw. Reacting to something you know is going to happen is a lot faster than reacting to exactly what is happening when multiple things could happen. So reacting to tech's (4 options) is going to be a lot slower than reacting to a light changing color or something.

metroid: I want to go but I'll have to see if Mundungu is going because he's my ride. I think milwaukee dudes said they weren't going.

Rat

Smash Lord
So I'll be there with p:m again.

Would anyone be interested in $2 (per person) P:M teams tournament? Cause I'd could run that (provided enough set-ups.)

Also I'll run P:M singles again (unless sveet wants to). I'll probably do $3 entry this time. And I'd like to start sooner. 8-man one set-up double elim was rough.

ORLY

Smash Master
i'd definitely be down for p:m

shame kels won't be there this time; i want revenge for camping me with fox

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can't reiterate how excited I am that P:M is getting some support. Thanks Rat and Chris!

I'll try to make it for P:M teams, but I don't know who I would team with. Anyone want to team with an Ike?

Tink

Smash Hero
awwww....atlesat the greatest player in the MW is going to this one! i think im teaming with him for project M teams =DDD....gotta love that ringer.

ORLY

Smash Master
I wonder if the stagelist is gonna change for (EDIT:) P:M dubs!

@Tink: Vro's coming? :O

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
5 hours from st louis.... i kind of want to do it, but that would put me at 30+ hours of driving over the course of 3 weekends. I'll make the trek up to glen ellyn sometime this summer, but I'm gonna save it for when you guys expect big turnout.

ORLY

Smash Master
@Bert: this one's gonna be nice turnout. I don't know if you're holding out for a regional level turnout, but I also don't blame you for wanting to cut a little bit of time from the road.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I can't reiterate how excited I am that P:M is getting some support. Thanks Rat and Chris!

I'll try to make it for P:M teams, but I don't know who I would team with. Anyone want to team with an Ike?
<-- Double ike team :awesome: ? lol I might be able to come to this one.

metroid1117

Smash Master
SpiderMad, I'd be down!

Sveet, what time are P:M doubles and singles? The OP says that side tournaments will begin at 12:15; is that just P:M doubles and P:M singles will take place after Melee pools again?

ORLY

Smash Master
"Side tournament" refers to doubles. P:M will likely be held later in the day

Tink

Smash Hero
everyoneee bring setups!!!

this is looking pretty big, and with ppl aready dedicated some tvs to project m(too good), we will need alot of setups! and chairs! unless we get more again.

Top Bottom