• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds V: The Final Frontier 5 ** Bi-Weeklies

What side event would you like to see?

• Standard Doubles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Random Partner Doubles

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Low-Tier Singles

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Fixed-Secondary Singles

• Rat's Amazing FFA Extravaganza

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No Johns Singles (ft. Corneria, Green Greens, MK2 and Pokefloats)

• Cactus Tournament

• Other (post in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm actually very worried about the venue right now. I stopped into the school to talk to the people that let us use the tables/chairs and found that the room we normally use is under severe construction and is not available to be used. I have tried to contact the Student Life organization but so far they haven't gotten back to me. I think we can relocate to the cafeteria if worst comes to worst (it has a similar pillar setup and with tables and chairs). I have done this once before in the past, but I was told that the cafeteria is closed on the weekend so I'm not sure if we would even be able to get into that room. I'll keep everyone updated as I know more.

Tink

Smash Hero
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Scythe

Smash Master
better hope we have a venue but i'm sure joe has got this covered.

ORLY

Smash Master
Yeah I'm sure the venue will be fine. What's the word on singles, Kelly?

EDIT: yeah LE bring 3SO! I will probably try a lot of trials when no one's looking

Rat

Smash Lord
For the start time of P:M. I want to stagger it behind melee. So I'm thinking this:

Teams sign-ups around 12:00
P:M Teams starts- 1:30pm
Singles sign-ups around 3:30
P:M Singles starts- After melee pools (5:00)

I'll shout a bunch when I'm taking sign-ups. Also I'll probably recruit Vro to yell at people too.

If you'd rather do it at a different time let me know. I'm planning on being there all day so yeah.

Also I'm gonna write up a rule set and stage list. And post it here.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
We had a pretty good stage list when we ran it before, the more big stages were CPs along with Story and Stadium 2. The rest were the Brawl neutrals

metroid1117

Smash Master
Id team with Metroid in PM if he doesn't have a partnet. =)
Also, I didn't know about this until yesterday...lmao
Sorry man, I've made other plans to team up with another Ike. I'll team up with you next time though!

For the start time of P:M. I want to stagger it behind melee. So I'm thinking this:

Teams sign-ups around 12:00
P:M Teams starts- 1:30pm
Singles sign-ups around 3:30
P:M Singles starts- After melee pools (5:00)

I'll shout a bunch when I'm taking sign-ups. Also I'll probably recruit Vro to yell at people too.

If you'd rather do it at a different time let me know. I'm planning on being there all day so yeah.

Also I'm gonna write up a rule set and stage list. And post it here.
Rat, that schedule sounds good to me. I'm glad to hear that Vro's coming, I've heard a lot about his Ike!

With regards to the stage list, I think our previous stage list was fine with the exception of Hyrule Castle; it seemed exceedingly big and campy to me. It was really fun for nostalgia's sake, but I don't think it should be tourney-legal. What do you guys think?

Also for doubles, we could turn on Dracula's Castle and SSE: Jungle (that's a really old build, but I was too lazy to look for a recent video of that stage).

Scythe

Smash Master
no one really plays marvel here, just some of the brawl players.

edit: my xbox broke so no

Rat

Smash Lord
I'm super ok with removing hyrule for singles. It's totally gonna be legal for teams.

ORLY

Smash Master
i hope the kishes are still coming

i want that bowser ditto in p:m with squared

metroid1117

Smash Master
I remember I played KishSquared at MLG Chicago in 2006, that was my first tournament ever lol. It would be great to see them again.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Check the boards before you go to bed/in the morning. I'm going to the school after work to try and find a place for us. Ill post up with more details when I know

:phone:

Tink

Smash Hero
cant u tech the shine against wall now tho? i swear cary was teching it vs me 0_o....doesnt seem at alllll the same homieee!

edit: somehow noone mentioned fox, but mymind just went there -_-...still.

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok here are the rules I'm gonna use for P:M. Let me know if it's ok.

P:M Rules:

4 Stock
8 minutes matches
Pause off
Buffer off
Items off
Team attack on

-Metaknight is banned
-Wobbling is banned

-Call a TO over (me) if you want to Double Blind pick your characters.
-Port selection can be disputed by RPS.

Stage Select:
-First match will be played on a Random Stage from the starter stage list.
-(If you want to stage strike I won't stop you.)

-Normal Counter Picking rules: Stage Bans->Stage Select->Character Select
-Players can totally ban up to 3 stages. There's just too many stages for only 1 stage ban.

-I'll keep a list of CP stages available. We are all gonna be unfamiliar with this so it's totally ok if you want to see the list.

Singles:
Starters -
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:
Metal Cavern
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams
SSE: Jungle
Skyworld
Skyloft
Pokemon Stadium
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

For Teams:
-Green Hill Zone = CP
-SSE: Jungle = Starter
-Skyloft is banned for lag

metroid1117

Smash Master
cant u tech the shine against wall now tho? i swear cary was teching it vs me 0_o....doesnt seem at alllll the same homieee!

edit: somehow noone mentioned fox, but mymind just went there -_-...still.
According to the PMBR, that's the result of a Brawl mechanic meant to prevent infinites. They haven't been able to take it out yet.

Ok here are the rules I'm gonna use for P:M. Let me know if it's ok.

P:M Rules:

4 Stock
8 minutes matches
Pause off
Buffer off
Items off
Team attack on

-Metaknight is banned
-Wobbling is banned

-Call a TO over (me) if you want to Double Blind pick your characters.
-Port selection can be disputed by RPS.

Stage Select:
-First match will be played on a Random Stage from the starter stage list.
-(If you want to stage strike I won't stop you.)

-Normal Counter Picking rules: Stage Bans->Stage Select->Character Select
-Players can totally ban up to 3 stages. There's just too many stages for only 1 stage ban.

-I'll keep a list of CP stages available. We are all gonna be unfamiliar with this so it's totally ok if you want to see the list.

Singles:
Starters -
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island
Castlevania
Green Hill Zone

Counterpicks:
Metal Cavern
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Fountain of Dreams
SSE: Jungle
Skyworld
Skyloft
Pokemon Stadium
Halberd

For Teams:
-Green Hill Zone = CP
-SSE: Jungle = Starter
-Skyloft is banned for lag
I feel like Castlevania is too big to be a starter, but that's just my opinion. If you wanted to put it there to make the # of starting stages odd, you can also take out Yoshi's Story. As far as counterpicks go, I think we also used Delfino in the last tournament. SSE: Jungle was intended by the PMBR to be a Doubles Stage, I think it's too big for Singles. I think the rest of the stages look good though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I am giving the green light to the tourney: I went to CoD and the cafeteria had people in it and the doors open at 9pm even though the sign said it was "closed" starting at 2pm. In the past, the doors have been open on the weekends and I think I saw the old DnD guys in there yest when i was there, which I take as a good sign. I have an absolute backup plan if worst comes to worst (plan Z): I can call in a few favors and get some folding tables and set them up in my driveway/parking lot. Basically, I have like 3 backup plans with one that pretty much cant fail. I'm expecting 95% chance we can use the cafeteria, but I want the travelers to know the tourney will happen, 100%.

Rat

Smash Lord
Making Yoshi's and Castlevania cp seems ok. It keeps a balanced number of large and small stage sizes. Also i'd rather demote FD to cp than either of those. (probably gonna keep the starter stages the same. I'd like to see how people do with these.)

I'm not sure about Delfino. I love the stage but it has big moments of jank. Like the plaza sections with walk off edges and the island.

@Zwarm
I've got demo v2.1???

Tink

Smash Hero
real life johns came up for me, and my rents wont let me go to this insteadof fixing my front gate :///...lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Top Bottom