• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds: The Final Frontier 3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Aye. I'll get frank next time! He'll regret the day he crossed a samoose!

P:M Results - Smashing Grounds Cafeteria v2

Teams: - 7 Teams - $2 per person ($4 per team)
1: Rat + Vro :sonic: + :ike: $18
2: :036: + melonhead (ORLY + Kels) :036: + :fox: $8
3: Mundungu + Frootloop :ike: + :gw:
4: Kishprime + Sveet :ike: + :fox:
5: Scythe + Raid :wolf: + :ganondorf:
5: Judge + Alcheato :dedede: + :rob:
7: Toadster + LMNO ? + :sonic:

Bracket

Singles - 17 Entrants - $3 per person
1: Vro :ike: $30
2: ORLY :bowser: $15
3: Rat :sonic: $5
4: Scythe :wolf: $1
5: Mundungu :ike:
5: Arty :ganondorf:
7: Toadster ??
7: KishPrime :ike:
9: LightsOut :charizard:???
9: John9Blue :rob:??
9: Kels :fox:
9: LMNO :sonic:
13: Alcheato :rob:/:dedede:
13: Reaper ??
13: FrootLoop :sonic:/:gw:
13: Mecca ?
17: Judge :dedede:

Bracket

If I'm wrong on who you played or if I forgot: Let me know who and I can update it.

Shout-outs:
Scythe - I have $1 saved for you - it's in quarters.
Vro - Messed you up then got wrecked when it mattered =(. Good stuff.
Bowser - Imma beat the **** out you next time.
Frank - good games dude. Nice job.
Sveet - pro
Arty - I watched that ganon. I'm liking the direction - Hard read mix-up style.
TGD - pro mustache
Judge - good stuff, you'll get better with time.
mundungu - play sonic.
everyone else - ggs

Doubles: (round robin)
1. Kels & The Good Doctor
2. ORLY & Frootloop
3. Alcheeto & KishPrime
4. John! & Gibby
5. Rat & Sveet
6. Mundungu & LightsOutAce
7. Toadster & LMNO

Singles: (23 entrants)
1. Kels
2. Frootloop
3. Rat
4. The Good Doctor
5. ORLY
5. Arty
7. Scythe
7. Toadster
9. Alcheeto
9. John!
9. Hindawg
9. Sveet
13. KishPrime
13. Mundungu
13. Gibby
13. Afrobandit
17. Zimo
17. Looshkin
17. Onion
17. LightsOutAce
21. Kzez
21. LMNO
21. Judge

john!

Smash Hero
i'm still a lil salty

ggs tho to everyone

especially that new guy who i played for like an hour (he said he didn't have a tag, so he might not even see this, his fox was pretty decent though)

ORLY

Smash Master
can i request that if you're going to do RR for teams instead of pools to bracket, you tell people beforehand?

that would be nice

EDIT: john got hella mchenry cancelled

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Alcheato is spelled wrong in the bracket, figured I would point it out so you can fix it before ssbpd is back up.
Why would you be salty John? :troll:

can i request that if you're going to do RR for teams instead of pools to bracket, you tell people beforehand?

that would be nice
You would have entered regardless, so it doesn't really matter imo. Also, McHenry Cancelling is a new AT.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you had asked me, I would have told you.

edit- fixed alcheato in the tio file, but i wont update the image. Sorry, i keep getting it mixed up whether its ee or ea

ORLY

Smash Master
whether or not i would have entered is a non-issue; i always enter teams.

whether or not i would have used puff as much is why i would like to know.

Rat

Smash Lord
Aye. I'll get frank next time! He'll regret the day he crossed a samoose!

P:M Results - Smashing Grounds Cafeteria v2

Teams: - 7 Teams - $2 per person ($4 per team)
1: Rat + Vro :sonic: + :ike: $18
2: :036: + melonhead (ORLY + Kels) :036: + :fox: $8
3: Mundungu + Frootloop :ike: + :gw:
4: Kishprime + Sveet :ike: + :fox:
5: Scythe + Raid :wolf: + :ganondorf:
5: Judge + Alcheato :dedede: + :rob:
7: Toadster + LMNO ? + :sonic:

Bracket

Singles - 17 Entrants - $3 per person
1: Vro :ike: $30
2: ORLY :bowser: $15
3: Rat :sonic: $5
4: Scythe :wolf: $1
5: Mundungu :ike:
5: Arty :ganondorf:
7: Toadster ??
7: KishPrime :ike:
9: LightsOut :charizard:???
9: John9Blue :rob:??
9: Kels :fox:
9: LMNO :sonic:
13: Alcheato :rob:/:dedede:
13: Reaper ??
13: FrootLoop :sonic:/:gw:
13: Mecca ?
17: Judge :dedede:

Bracket

If I'm wrong on who you played or if I forgot: Let me know who and I can update it.

Shout-outs:
Scythe - I have $1 saved for you - it's in quarters.
Vro - Messed you up then got wrecked when it mattered =(. Good stuff.
Bowser - Imma beat the **** out you next time.
Frank - good games dude. Nice job.
Sveet - pro
Arty - I watched that ganon. I'm liking the direction - Hard read mix-up style.
TGD - pro mustache
Judge - good stuff, you'll get better with time.
mundungu - play sonic.
everyone else - ggs

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I don't play Puff in Project M at all (Oh I did in like 2 teams rounds). I played Ike to win and Pit for fun. Though that wasn't the intention, that's just my Pit johns. Probably should've busted out the Zelda, that's who I've put the most time into. Long story short, MORE PROJECT M.

On that note, Kels, sorry about using Pirate Ship. I honestly would never have guessed that was considered a "stupid stage." It's like the only stage we play around these parts. Shrug. Thanks for being a good sport about it anyway, and at least we got a legit match out of FD.

Let the record show that this is the first time I have won money at a tournament since 2007. Let's see someone top that dry spell. Thanks, cheato, for carrying our team through the tournament. Otherwise, HAD A BLAST. I love meeting new people and playing more Smash. I don't even care that my wife was literally massaging my hands because they were hurting and locking up so bad...I'm still feeling it. :/ Getting old sucks. Thanks to all for being so welcoming to me and my wife both.

Have to get in two plugs - Come to FC! Obviously. Kickstarter launched as well - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1995860807/the-fc-smash-compilation

Also, Jeff's (Squared) running a tournament in South Bend for PM and Melee. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323532
He is going to move it to July 14th on the off chance that we can get a car in from Chicago. We've got some Fort Wayne guys that are talking about making it in as well.

Arty

Smash Lord
Great tourney! Thanks for hosting Sveet!

P:M is very fun. It seems to play at more of a Brawl pace than a Melee one imo except for the early game comboing. Also Ike's side-B cancelling seems OP. A character with that good of a grab game and aerials should not be able to fly around the stage like that lol. Not taking anything away though from Vro, Metroid, etc... This game is still in massive testing so the metagame can change quickly.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I don't think Ike is OP. But he certainly makes it hard to play anyone else. Some of the primary testers are telling me that they don't even think he's much better than high tier, at most.

Rat

Smash Lord
@Unknown
thanks dude. 3rd still ain't 1st. =/
Also samus is bad. Shiek wins.

@P:M tier list
My reaction to the P:M cast has been much different than those at www.smashmods.com. So I've been hosting these P:M tournaments and seeing what happens. Ike has been winning. Not sure he's the super best yet as it's only month 1 or so.

:marth: + :ganondorf: + :falcon: = :ike:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Props to Frootloop for sending Kels to Losers and props to Kels for winning in the end.

P:M is very fun. It seems to play at more of a Brawl pace than a Melee one imo except for the early game comboing. Also Ike's side-B cancelling seems OP. A character with that good of a grab game and aerials should not be able to fly around the stage like that lol. Not taking anything away though from Vro, Metroid, etc... This game is still in massive testing so the metagame can change quickly.
And to think Umbreon was saying that Ike's grab game was bad >.>. I watched some videos from the PM tournament, Vro should try learning QD turnaround -> BAir so he can use it out of BThrow and FThrow when people DI up.

The game is still new, but I really hope that Ike doesn't become incredibly dominant in the PM metagame... I didn't want to play an OP character, just a good one.

KishPrime said:
I don't think Ike is OP. But he certainly makes it hard to play anyone else. Some of the primary testers are telling me that they don't even think he's much better than high tier, at most.
With all due respect to the playtesters, I don't think they have a truly educated opinion on what Ike can do (with the exception of playtesters who've played Magus). I know that the PMBR doesn't publish all footage of their gameplay, but I wasn't terribly impressed with any Ike except Magus'.

Top Bottom