• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
lulz, so much talk about wobbling. i don't think using ic's not winning tournies is a 100% legit argument. mew2's soul stunner is banned, but that doesn't mean that mew2's would end up winning it all if it wasn't. in a perfect tourny situation, a tactic should be banned if it's broken, period. but what defines broken? it really isn't about winning competitive tournaments, bc no one technique wins anything. so whatev, i don't care anymore.

dang, if no one teams with matt that's messed up. zec's not going to this, he's jumping out of clouds.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lulz, so much talk about wobbling. i don't think using ic's not winning tournies is a 100% legit argument. mew2's soul stunner is banned, but that doesn't mean that mew2's would end up winning it all if it wasn't. in a perfect tourny situation, a tactic should be banned if it's broken, period. but what defines broken? it really isn't about winning competitive tournaments, bc no one technique wins anything. so whatev, i don't care anymore.

dang, if no one teams with matt that's messed up. zec's not going to this, he's jumping out of clouds.
Don't you need a red shell to do the soul stunner? It's not even possible and its banned.

What you talking about sir? That's the only way to define if something is broken or not. We can't define it by arbitrary reasons like so many people in this thread are doing.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Don't you need a red shell to do the soul stunner? It's not even possible and its banned.

What you talking about sir? That's the only way to define if something is broken or not. We can't define it by arbitrary reasons like so many people in this thread are doing.
i've never even seen the stunner, lol. the point was, if a technique like that is banned that's basically impossible and wouldn't even win you tournies, ic's and wobbling winning tournies doesn't completely mattter. it's a somewhat legit argument, but i don't think that justifies everything.

and zec, why would skydiving in the morning prevent you from doing dubs in the afternoon? and singles are after dubs anyway. just team with matty. tsk tsk tsk

Kels88

Smash Lord
I've always been an avid supporter of wobbling so congrats to Sveet for actually doing something smart and unbanning it. (not like it will change anything anyways since no1 uses IC's)

But really why are some of you *****ing about it in the first place? Seriously, I play MvC2 regularly still and that's a game where if Ironman or Magneto connect one clean hit ur characters gone. Do you see the MvC2 community *****ing and moaning that it's not fair? **** no they suck it up and they simply don't get hit. If an IC's grabs you and wobbles you they deserve to take your stock plain and simple.

How is that irrelevant? So your saying we should dumb down the game because certain players aren't good enough? When considering banning anything only the top of the meta-game should be taken into account. It's already been shown that at the top wobbling isn't dominant anyways. So why even ban it and make the Chicago meta-game even worse then it already is?
Wobbling doesn't make it impossible to beat IC's. But it is gay as hell. No one else has an infinite that can be done anywhere at anytime. It just makes the game boring as hell for both players. lol I'm glad some of you don't think wobbling is gay though. It'll just make it that much better when I catch yall with it.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Wobbling doesn't make it impossible to beat IC's. But it is gay as hell. No one else has an infinite that can be done anywhere at anytime. It just makes the game boring as hell for both players. lol I'm glad some of you don't think wobbling is gay though. It'll just make it that much better when I catch yall with it.
I personally don't think wobbling is that bad....I've been wobbled a lot too. I think...given how advanced this game has come, the fact an IC hasn't won a tourny in a long assss time (except maybe Chu ...and he doesn't wobble) gives some merit to the not banning of wobbling.

I also feel the Genesis argument is a good one. Genesis was the biggest most watched tourny in a long time. The people involved in Genesis consulted with a large number of people before creating the rules for such a big tourny. They chose to keep wobbling in and that should be the standard until someone comes along and shows that it is as broken as a lot of you are saying.

-Zec

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
I mean....I love Fox as much as the next person but the ability to shine spike/wave shine is pretty broken too. Let IC, an as a whole weaker character, have something to make the character realistically more competitive.

-Zec

edit: Sorry for the double post--deal with it :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So your saying we should dumb down the game because certain players aren't good enough? When considering banning anything only the top of the meta-game should be taken into account. It's already been shown that at the top wobbling isn't dominant anyways. So why even ban it and make the Chicago meta-game even worse then it already is?
this .

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Lets just ban top/high tier in general guys. They all have something broken. They're too good. We all know Roy and Link are fair chracters. =P

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....man this threads turned hella gay...but id jus like to sayyy....

brightside....mvc2 is a broke game....your trying to compare the ONE single game that has more infinities and broken **** to melee -_-.....both melee and mvc2 should never be compared to other fighter games, cause both their engines are sooo unique, its like comparing football to basketball -_-, rather then college to pro.

idk, wobbles is madd gayy, and i dont like it, but there are many well brought up statements that disprove any reason it should be banned....maybe things will change, but its not game breaking when they already have 0-deaths on people anways <_<.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lolll....man this threads turned hella gay...but id jus like to sayyy....

brightside....mvc2 is a broke game....your trying to compare the ONE single game that has more infinities and broken **** to melee -_-.....both melee and mvc2 should never be compared to other fighter games, cause both their engines are sooo unique, its like comparing football to basketball -_-, rather then college to pro.

idk, wobbles is madd gayy, and i dont like it, but there are many well brought up statements that disprove any reason it should be banned....maybe things will change, but its not game breaking when they already have 0-deaths on people anways <_<.
lol I was only trying to point out how their community deals with it. But really in all honesty melee is just another fighting game. This whole Wobble deelio simply boils down to huge punishment for a simple mistake. It's no different then landing an infinite in marvel, clap trap in BB, parry -> Chunli SAII in 3S, wake up DP to metsou in SF4, etc. It just looks different.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...ya, but its a grab that leads to it -_-....its not a hit or wake up stun. no other fighting game has an infinite outta their grab -_-.

edit: also, the other fighting game infinites are not 1 button pressing. any noob could try and pick it up in 30 min(wobbles) -_-. if the same could be said for the other games, they would be complaining.

BunBun

Smash Master
clap trap in BB,
I know what you meant, but I had this picture of Carl sending out Klap Trap xD

On a side note, I had a Carl get off a full clap loop on my Tao on PSN the other day O_o
I almost died from it =(

EDIT: Wayne, Carl has more or less an infinite throw loop if you're grabbed in the air above his doll.

Tink

Smash Hero
heh, bb as in blue blaze? im talkin about the more established games -_-.

butttt....i cant wait for this....lets continue this at the tournament and leave the spamming outta this.

also george, i can hit that bakery up at this =) yayuhZ.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
At the level of tournament play these days, does it matter if something is really easy or really hard?

What if ICs had an infinite that would kill you no matter what your percent and no breaking out, but was as hard as say doing 10 jc shines in a row? Wouldn't someone just learn how to do the really technical thing, and then we'd be right back here. In the end no matter how hard it is, its all about punishing a mistake.

Knowing match-ups is just knowing which mistakes to avoid. I bring up marth vs falco on YS. If falco gets grabbed, he should be dead, unless the marth messes up. You can tech chase to edge, hit off and edge guard or throw on platforms and combo. If they escape they should be in terrible position; on the edge trying to get back on or above you on a platform. The guaranteed way to not have that happen is to not get grabbed.

ICs is actually a lot harder to get that situation, anyways. For one, marth's grab game is incredible, between his dash dance and grab range. Secondly, in order to do any grab combos with ICs you have to have both ICs synced up. Most players can mash out below 20%, and up to about 50%-60% if you have to wait for nana to catch up. If nana is dead you can't even do it. That is a lot of situations where it simply cannot happen.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, I didn't know Terry Crews could pop. He's not good, but him be able to do some is pretty hilarious.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hey tink, want to MM my sheik with your marth?

bunbun....i want that 1$ ditto rematch. i remember being so mad after that one at e52. lol

georgy boy, youza going dddddown. after i get last at this tournament

by the way, are we still planning on delaying singles? i want to get out asap. it's kind of sad, but i think it's harder to predict who's going to get last, rather than 1st. i'm pretty sure we know who is winning this shiz...fcuking kels

Mars-

Smash Champion
hey tink, want to MM my sheik with your marth?

bunbun....i want that 1$ ditto rematch. i remember being so mad after that one at e52. lol

georgy boy, youza going dddddown. after i get last at this tournament

by the way, are we still planning on delaying singles? i want to get out asap. it's kind of sad, but i think it's harder to predict who's going to get last, rather than 1st. i'm pretty sure we know who is winning this shiz...fcuking kels
Ray chun do not fear, for I have learned to wobble like a master, and will wobble my way to first place.

byron

Smash Apprentice
Kels whats your phone no# Im going to take the 8:30 train to hyde park. I will get there at 9:14 so I will be at mcdonalds at like 9:20-ish.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
yo **** is gonna be fun...wayne, sounds good man.

Anthony, ROFL i can totally picture iggy saying that.

Andrew, we gotta get kmb to come to this. He said is back home this weekend in Elmhurst, which is pretty close to the venue.

Top Bottom