• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

john!

Smash Hero
Wobbling is very hard to regulate... what if I wobbled someone 0-150% and then let them go? There'd be no way to tell once they called over the TO. Stuff like that is way too hard to regulate. Wobbling isn't broken no matter how you look at it. Damien, you should go to this and get top 4 with wobbling... then I'll reconsider.

Unbanning wobbling is a good call, Sveet. Ignore the wobblejohners.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
IDK
Wobbling hasn't shown enough reason to be banned just because people don't do it often, not because it isn't gamebreaking
IMO

Dart

Smash Lord
i personally think wobbling is funny as hell...i mean its hella gay in the fact that you can't break out of it...but play to win

BunBun

Smash Master
lol scrubs...wobbling is terrible

i doubt i come to this. my smash spirit is like not there for lil tournies right now. need some wheels hahaha
You scared
=D

This proves you don't know what you're talking about. You can't shine out of shield if you're being hit.
If you powershield.....lol

Also do you really think Azn Lep is THAT much better than Phat? O_o

Jayford

Smash Lord
This proves you don't know what you're talking about. You can't shine out of shield if you're being hit.

I don't main Fox, that was just something I thought would work. The big picture here is you're ignoring all of my other arguments. The main one being why didn't ICs dominate Genesis? You gave the Azn example, but no offense to anyone but Azn is leagues better then those people you listed. So yes I coincide this proves I am not sure when talking about Fox vs. ICs, but you still have ignored every other point I have brought up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wobbling is ICs rest, except it shouldnt ever happen til you're at least halfway done with your stock.

ICs are not that great of a character, compared to fox, even if you add in wobbling. Its a legitimate part of the ICs metagame, and its nothing but scrub play to ban it.

edit: and damian, you can get wobbles on people who are playing stupid/don't know the match up well. I'd really like to see you wobble Kels and win even a game, or even get more than 3 grabs a game. Kels used to get into lots of stupid ****, but he doesn't anymore.

Those people that got wobble ***** in that example probably have little ICs experience, or are generally lower skilled players than that person.

In other words, if mango works and sets up a situation where she gets a rest by 50%, is that a good player or is rest broken?

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
In other words, if mango works and sets up a situation where she gets a rest by 50%, is that a good player or is rest broken?
Both. Also, MW is one of the few if not only region that wobbling is banned. ICs are still only ranked in high tier play.

I suppose I'm in favor of unbanning wobbling. No sense in banning it in the MW then having to adjust gameplay with wobbles if anyone travels for tournaments outside the MW. Also, if ICs get a grab it should end in a stock taken anyways. Chaingrabs and wobbles, both should mean death. Unban it. A grab should be stock anyways.

Zjiin, I do remember you arguing long ago, at the cave, you said wobbling is a joke and that you'd wobble Eddie all day and win.

Kels88

Smash Lord
To settle all of this dumb *** wobbling ****, I'll just go ice climbers at the tournament. Wobbling is so **** ******** and easy. I learned it in like 3 minutes. Good ice climbers can easily get grabs. I've played Trail enough to know that it's extremely hard to play perfectly against them. You have to be so precise to not get grabbed it's ridiculous. I don't care that much since I doubt any Ice climbers here are on Trails level, but wobbling should be banned.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Lol, I love the "why don't you come and win the tourney then" reply. Probably because anyone who knows me, knows i don't play to win, I just like to have fun. Why would i come here just to prove how broken wobbling is. Sveet, me and Kels tested it in MI, and yes, i can beat him with wobbling. It's ********. I'm glad there are so many scrubs here to support wobbling, but that doesn't justify ****. Spacing? I'd like to see someone space as i drag nana blizzarding behind me into their shield (or not shield, doesn't matter) into a grab, into wobbles. If you guys had seen me and Eddie play, you would know that in friendlies, he'll just put his controller on the ground once i start wobbling, because it's futile to try over 40%. Apparently, there people have better spacing than Kels and Eddie, lmao. Enjoy your tourney kids. I swear the name "Smashing Grounds" is cursed.

Also, Azn Lep is good but i wouldn't say he's better than phatgamer. They might be around the same level, but that's all relative to circumstances.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
i mean have yall never seen chu play? the **** is gay period. that ******* almost ruined crews with that bull****

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
You guys sound like the scrubs on youtube who cry about marth's chaingrab on FD. Get over it, and play the game.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
You guys sound like the scrubs on youtube who cry about marth's chaingrab on FD. Get over it, and play the game.
:laugh:

after all this time you finally learn to wobble and now you calling people scrubs? hilarious. i mean you have a ic's main in here saying its gay. you have the best player in the midwest saying its gay. how much more opinions do you need. and marth on fd is gay too, that's why you ban that level:bee: its just lame as hell. against a scrub climber it isn't too bad, cuz you won't ever get grabbed. against someone competent it becomes dumb as hell.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Wobbling is gay. I agree totally.

Wobbling is not broken, doesn't change anything other than it allows ICs to punish your mistake harder. Wobbles tries for it a lot, and he only gets 1 per set if he is lucky. Theres a lot more to ICs than chaingrabs and wobbling.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Lol, I love the "why don't you come and win the tourney then" reply. Probably because anyone who knows me, knows i don't play to win, I just like to have fun. Why would i come here just to prove how broken wobbling is.
That is some major damage control. Let me justify to you why winning is good even with playing in a "having fun" mind set. Playing is fun. Winning matches in a tournament means you get to play more. Thus, you get to have more fun.

Sveet, me and Kels tested it in MI, and yes, i can beat him with wobbling. It's ********. I'm glad there are so many scrubs here to support wobbling, but that doesn't justify ****.
I have given lots of reason why wobbling is justified and should be legal. The only counter argument you can provide is that it is impossible to space against. So I ask you one more time. If wobbling is so broken and impossible to space against then why didn't ICs dominate Genesis? I want an example other then the Azn vs. Phat for two reasons. First, ICs vs Sheik is already a hard match up vs Sheik and secondly that is one example in pools. How many ICs did you see in the placings? If I remember correctly I saw one in the top 12.

Spacing? I'd like to see someone space as i drag nana blizzarding behind me into their shield (or not shield, doesn't matter) into a grab, into wobbles. If you guys had seen me and Eddie play, you would know that in friendlies, he'll just put his controller on the ground once i start wobbling, because it's futile to try over 40%. Apparently, there people have better spacing than Kels and Eddie, lmao. Enjoy your tourney kids.
Eddie and Kels are extremely good a this game. No offense to them, but there are people with better spacing. M2K, MaNg0, PC Chirs, ect.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Wobbling is even too gay and cheap for ray chun.

And damian you should come to this and if you play any of these people just wobble them the whole set. Winning is fun.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
kels, i want that pikachu MM rematch. i also have a 20 or 10 dollar MM with meneks that prolly will never happen. is alberto coming to this? i bet he wants a rematch with me.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ray chun...your marth, my falcon. its going down son.

Biggy are you coming to this? Ive never met you but trail has told me some funny stories of your guyss drinking games. I need some falcon training. I think you came to Purdue for jab 1 last Spring and teamed with SCOTU? maybe

BunBun

Smash Master
Dude you totally met bigy!  

Also, Azn Lep is good but i wouldn't say he's better than phatgamer. They might be around the same level, but that's all relative to circumstances.
Thank you! I didn't think that he was all that much better than phat.

Kels88

Smash Lord
lol I'm going to enjoy showing all those that support this gay *** technique aka wobbling, how insanely stupid it is.

Also Damien. I don't think you'd be able to beat me with wobbling anymore. I've learned not to get grabbed from playing against Trail because if I do that's my stock:(

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm not saying it should be banned, but I am saying that anyone who does it to me is getting punched in the arm while they wobble me.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I'm feeling a change of heart. I don't play as or against much at all. I'm for it in friendlies, but for a tournament? Sveet, ban it again lol

Good points have been made for and against it, but I think the majority of us don't feel like being gayed out of a match because we put down our controllers and watched stocks disappear after getting grabbed.

At least with Marth's CG you're thrown, given a chance to DI, and a chance to escape because of error. That chance of escape while being wobbled is significantly less :(

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Its on for this tournament.

If tink comes to this, i'd bet money he won't lose to kels' ICs. Hell i'm not even afraid of his ICs. If i get grabbed with both ICs synced and i don't have time to break out, i deserve to die from that mistake. If you can force that mistake, it just shows you're playing better than me.

You guys all sound like Scar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQTwQtr3i0E

john!

Smash Hero
Just switch to Peach. She's easy and cheap, right? Right?... :laugh:

I'm serious, most other tourneys don't ban wobbling, and IC's aren't dominating. I'm glad Kels is stepping up at least and trying to prove his point with results.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....kels will NOTTT be playing icies against me lollll...he wouldnt dareeee =).

but ya, this tournaments shapin out to be prettttty decent. i cant wait for some real person melee finally =(....also, who wants MMs?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I mean, the person wobbling would help the most would be me, since I can pretty much guarantee that I can get an opener and wobble better than anyone here (and trail for that matter since he thinks it's even stupider than i do). You're acting like i'm mad because it hurts me.

Also, there weren't many good ICs at genesis, and the ratio to people who beat ICs were greatly against them, so stop using such a dumb example already. Also, yeah there are people who will never get wobbled. Guess what, you'll never be that good, so IRRELEVANT.

Zjiin

Smash Master
lol I'm going to enjoy showing all those that support this gay *** technique aka wobbling, how insanely stupid it is.

Also Damien. I don't think you'd be able to beat me with wobbling anymore. I've learned not to get grabbed from playing against Trail because if I do that's my stock:(
WTF look at this scrub, lmao. Come over today, bring a cube and game, and get grabbed all dai.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofllll...he already like, messaged me about team =(....so im not gonna ditch him lolll..sorry matt.

but hes not getting first, so dont even worry about that.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I never planned on using Ice climbers against anyone who didn't support wobbling. I'm just going to show the ones who think it's fair how dumb it is.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I've always been an avid supporter of wobbling so congrats to Sveet for actually doing something smart and unbanning it. (not like it will change anything anyways since no1 uses IC's)

But really why are some of you *****ing about it in the first place? Seriously, I play MvC2 regularly still and that's a game where if Ironman or Magneto connect one clean hit ur characters gone. Do you see the MvC2 community *****ing and moaning that it's not fair? **** no they suck it up and they simply don't get hit. If an IC's grabs you and wobbles you they deserve to take your stock plain and simple.

Also, there weren't many good ICs at genesis, and the ratio to people who beat ICs were greatly against them, so stop using such a dumb example already. Also, yeah there are people who will never get wobbled. Guess what, you'll never be that good, so IRRELEVANT.
How is that irrelevant? So your saying we should dumb down the game because certain players aren't good enough? When considering banning anything only the top of the meta-game should be taken into account. It's already been shown that at the top wobbling isn't dominant anyways. So why even ban it and make the Chicago meta-game even worse then it already is?

Top Bottom