• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Double post cause I'm cool like that

Damian, what is a good program to use to make an animated gif?

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
I'm most likely coming...late. If u guys could stall the singles a bit to like 4:30 I'd gurantee at least $20 to the pot. Maybe more. >.>

turnout for this is looking good, me and 2 more from purdue will be there(anubis and bunbun), and maybe one more

and we got

matt r
sveet
mars
brightside
meneks
kels
zeus
the chun
brightside
yoru
meneks
maybe more i dunno
Brightside is so scrubby he had to come twice. =P

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i have photoshop but not the other adobe prog (illustrator i think its called) that lets you do the animation.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i'm offically unbanning wobbling from my tournaments. i think its silly that MW is the only place its banned.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Photoshop and Illustrator will take a dump on you if you're about animated gifs. All about After Effects, baby. If not AE, then Adobe Premiere. Get own by facts everyone involved in the convo.

i'm offically unbanning wobbling from my tournaments. i think its silly that MW is the only place its banned.
Officially not coming to a dumb tourney now.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MW is the only place in the world where its banned, to my knowledge. If you're getting grabbed while both ICs are synced its your mistake anyways. Its like getting grabbed and getting gimped by marth at the edge or missing a DI and getting rested. Nothing game breaking.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I can beat Kels with wobbles. CASE CLOSED. Good to know you don't want any ACTUAL Ice climber players in your tourneys, just ones that practice getting one grab.

Jayford

Smash Lord
MW is the only place in the world where its banned, to my knowledge. If you're getting grabbed while both ICs are synced its your mistake anyways. Its like getting grabbed and getting gimped by marth at the edge or missing a DI and getting rested. Nothing game breaking.
QFT

Lots of huge tourneys have wobbling unbanned and ICs don't dominate.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, I mean, it's your tourney, do what you want. Heck, do FFAs for all i care. I admire anyone who puts their own principles over tourney attendance. BOLD!

BTW, this is only coming up because Sveet JUST learned how to wobble.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
found it! thanks guys :)

and yes i just learned how to wobble, but i've always been for wobbling being unbanned, you guys just always flip out whenever i unban it and i always pussied out. so damian, you should come and get 1st place by wobbling kels.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
wtf, random unbanning of wobbling....
wobbling's gay. i really don't see why/how it should be in tourny play.

if anyone has free time and wants to be nice, make a sig for me. i'm pretty open with anything, just something with blue sheik and the word Chun and it'll work for me.

edit: that clip is pretty sweet, cosmo. good shi1t

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
is there a way to make all menu items shown all the time in CS4? i didnt see it in options.

nvm found it

Zjiin

Smash Master
Why would I waste my time going to a tourney where the best strat is to do the most boring, easy, and broken thing possible to win? I don't even like chain grabbing and that's legit! If you have two hands, you can get a grab easily with both the climbers and if they're bad at getting out of it, you can wobble from 0%. Apparently you didn't see chudat totally ruin the fun of crews at the last FC, but heck, it's your tourney!

My sister can wobble, and she sometimes can't even remember the name of the game.

@Cosmo~ 1,000 layers, holy crap. No wonder you were b!tching about them, hahahaha I've never spent more than 25 mins on a sig, but then again, i havent done something like cosmo's project.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Why would I waste my time going to a tourney where the best strat is to do the most boring, easy, and broken thing possible to win? I don't even like chain grabbing and that's legit! If you have two hands, you can get a grab easily with both the climbers and if they're bad at getting out of it, you can wobble from 0%. Apparently you didn't see chudat totally ruin the fun of crews at the last FC, but heck, it's your tourney!

My sister can wobble, and she sometimes can't even remember the name of the game.
I think your overestimating how easy it is to get a grab. If the person is spacing and not being bad then they won't be grabbed.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
azn lep dominated his pool. he ***** phatgamer and kfc, easily getting 1st seed. phatgamer got wobbled 6 lives out of his 8 stocks for both matches lolllll

Jayford

Smash Lord
azn lep dominated his pool. he ***** phatgamer and kfc, easily getting 1st seed. phatgamer got wobbled 6 lives out of his 8 stocks for both matches lolllll

See this is just one example, and Azn didn't dominate everyone at Genesis. Also, Azn is an extremely talented player. No offense to Phat, but the skill difference between them is most likely a large one.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'd say about 75% AT LEAST of grabs you get on people while Nana is still around has the option for wobbling. You seem to think that mindgaming someone into getting grabbed is hard.

LOL Ray. Now that's funny. The best thing about wobbling? You can watch the match on the next tv, while you win.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'd say about 75% AT LEAST of grabs you get on people while Nana is still around has the option for wobbling. You seem to think that mindgaming someone into getting grabbed is hard.
If you're playing with the mind set, if I get grabbed I'll die it and not put yourself in any position to get grabbed then yeah it is relatively hard to get grabbed.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Forcing you to block something nana does and getting a grab while you shield isn't hard, regardless of what the person you are playing is thinking. Maybe you're better than the people who win these tourneys, because it works on them.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Forcing you to block something nana does and getting a grab while you shield isn't hard, regardless of what the person you are playing is thinking. Maybe you're better than the people who win these tourneys, because it works on them.
I'm not saying I am better then people who win tourneys these days. The main point I am making is that if wobbeling is such a problem then it would be banned nation wide. The Midwest is one of the few places that keeps it banned. In regard to the idea that baiting someone into shielding an attack from Nana and then grabbing is good, but once again if you don't put yourself in that situation you won't get grabbed. For instance, Fox can shield Nana, then shine out of shield and wavedash back to avoid getting grabbed.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
lol scrubs...wobbling is terrible

i doubt i come to this. my smash spirit is like not there for lil tournies right now. need some wheels hahaha

Top Bottom