• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds REVIVED: 4 - 2/13/2010 -- Glen Ellyn, IL!

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ill mm you i need practice. too bad im far away, hopefully we have a regional tournament soon so u guys can get out here

also, mars i will mm your samus with falcon, im more confidant in that matchup than fox-samus, at smym i swore off fox because i got ownd too badly that day

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
LOL, this is funny. john's like a kid bro to me, i give him **** cuz it's fun to piss him off. i actually think i've played and talked to him more than anyone at the vro zone.

in terms of skill, john and george are pretty close. they're more or less the same skill level, even tho john beat him in pools at smym. george 2-0'ed my friend's marth, while john got beat with sheik against the same friend. basically equal. john def plays dirtier tho, i have more respect for george's play style. plus george is hella cool, chilling with him is awesome.

mars and sveet both predate me, they've played longer and they're still not at a solid tourny level. sveet annoys me mostly cuz he johns about illogical stuff. otherwise, he's ok. mars annoys me bc his smashboards personality and his posts are stupid. and samus is basically a low tier. when he doesn't talk, it's better.

meneks...you post a lot. i don't play you, but you seem ok. you haven't played long, so i guess you got leeway.

in terms of ranking these kids, it's probably

john
george
sveet
mars/meneks?

Mars-

Smash Champion
LOL, this is funny. john's like a kid bro to me, i give him **** cuz it's fun to piss him off. i actually think i've played and talked to him more than anyone at the vro zone.

in terms of skill, john and george are pretty close. they're more or less the same skill level, even tho john beat him in pools at smym. george 2-0'ed my friend's marth, while john got beat with sheik against the same friend. basically equal. john def plays dirtier tho, i have more respect for george's play style. plus george is hella cool, chilling with him is awesome.

mars and sveet both predate me, they've played longer and they're still not at a solid tourny level. sveet annoys me mostly cuz he johns about illogical stuff. otherwise, he's ok. mars annoys me bc his smashboards personality and his posts are stupid. and samus is basically a low tier. when he doesn't talk, it's better.

meneks...you post a lot. i don't play you, but you seem ok. you haven't played long, so i guess you got leeway.

john
george
sveet
mars/meneks?
I don't play as much as you ray chun, If I go to a smashfest once a month I'm lucky. So good, you're better then me.

I beat john most of the time.
I was destroying meneks at smyms.
Me and sveet go pretty even some days he ***** me some days I **** him. However I don't think I have lost an important match against him.
Last I played george I was switching mains like a lot, but I think the last time I played his fox with samus it was pretty even but I was winning the matches. I don't know about his falcon.

Further proof that you don't know what you are talking about ray chun.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master

john
george
sveet
mars/meneks?
ray chun is the ****.

also last time i played john at the vro zone i was at, john beat my falcon with sheik in like every friendly, but i beat his peach every game i think. his sheik is dirty as **** basically.

meneks also 2-0d me in pools with his falco. i played like 2 games with joe and i dont even remember if mars was there LOL high johns i guess. all those vro/bong zones run together rofl

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
lololo this may be the easiest tourny ever

1st round: bye
2nd round: mewtwo
3rd round: falcon

and not to mention how easy teams will be

alcheato

Smash Ace
I guess Jazzness and Dave are pulling epic johnz and wussing out so I may need a teams partner. Anyone decent still need a teammate?

Also, Ray MM? Been too long, mengz. :)

Meneks

Smash Lord

john
george
sveet
mars/meneks?
Not trying to say i'm better then all of them but I've probably taken off at least a match in tourney against people WAAAY better then them like Anther(lost 2-1 beat him first match on one of his best stages battle field, lost to him on FD then came close to beating him on dreamland both were in 120%+) BigD(he 2 stocked me last match though), and juke(close set).. Not only that but I occassionally play brightside and yoru and they are more then legit players..

Yeah mars was beating me in some friendlies at smym no doubt about that.

But is he better then me?
Hell the **** no lmao no offense mars but if your shield is about to break every time you shield something isn't right.

John is really good not my favorite kind of playstyle but it works i guess..
I remember beating him alot at some cob tourney in friendlies, after that he beat me at the first vro zone and at the vro zone tourney i remember him beating me with ic's..

I played sveet quite a bit at the vro zone tourney I remember winning most of the matches but i like his fox though.

George is fun to play against.

Ray chun i havnt played you in a long *** time. first vro zone?
But I played bsides shiek ALOT inbetween that time period and his shiek is pretty ****in good so...

I suck against samus/all other floaties lol johns

btw ive been playing for 2 years...

I can multishine more then anyone in the mw..

Tomacawk/blackpanther where you at?(BTW tomacawk we never played tech horse... next big MW tourney yeah?)

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Ok I really want to come to this but there's an sf4 tourney on the same day. it starts at 1:30 though so I might get eliminated or it might get done before singles starts. hopefully I can hit up both since they're in the same chicagoland area and at least get some friendlies in. im down for $2-$3mms. my doc vs. whoever since I know a lot of match ups. you'll prolly win though since I still suck lol.

Zeu$

Smash Journeyman
john is a lame *** dude. this fool had the nerve to call fox cheap and he plays a ****ty camping all i can do is bair puff. this ***** was whining hardcore in friendlies, who does that? dude is garbs

i should come and administer some fox justice. IDK though this game kinda sucks

Mars-

Smash Champion
Yeah mars was beating me in some friendlies at smym no doubt about that.

But is he better then me?
Hell the **** no lmao no offense mars but if your shield is about to break every time you shield something isn't right.
I love bad logic. "yeah he beat me but THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM BETTER"

And I have no idea what you are talking about my shield about to break? Does that even mean anything? Like I can almost beat kels, I'm the best in the midwest now.

Tink

Smash Hero
yo....you gotta be almost able to beat the number 2 in the MW too =)....ainttt gonna happen mars :p.

Meneks

Smash Lord
I love bad logic. "yeah he beat me but THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM BETTER"

And I have no idea what you are talking about my shield about to break? Does that even mean anything? Like I can almost beat kels, I'm the best in the midwest now.
how do you not know what the **** im talking about...
let me put it in simple terms..

You sit in your shield until it comes close to breaking...
What part of that don't you understand?
It means you have a boring *** playstyle and there really isn't any point in playing..
get it?...
On another note,

when pc beat ken in mlg 06(chicago?) did that make pc better then ken? No.
When zhu beat m2k at genesis did that make zhu better? No.

I don't see how thats bad logic, thats just how it is.
Just cause you can beat someone doesn't necessarily mean you're better then them.
It just means you can beat them...

Zicore

Smash Champion
tinks is #1 mw **** kels lol

meneks, I can name 2 people that double shine better and more then you, Black Hayate and Aarosmashguy

this thread is fail

Meneks

Smash Lord
tinks is #1 mw **** kels lol

meneks, I can name 2 people that double shine better and more then you, Black Hayate and Aarosmashguy

this thread is fail
lol I was kidding about the multishining part idk how many multishines i can do but the most ive done lasted around 15 seconds or the majority of time the mountain stage was on pokemon stadium

Mars-

Smash Champion
how do you not know what the **** im talking about...
let me put it in simple terms..

You sit in your shield until it comes close to breaking...
What part of that don't you understand?
It means you have a boring *** playstyle and there really isn't any point in playing..
get it?...
On another note,

when pc beat ken in mlg 06(chicago?) did that make pc better then ken? No.
When zhu beat m2k at genesis did that make zhu better? No.

I don't see how thats bad logic, thats just how it is.
Just cause you can beat someone doesn't necessarily mean you're better then them.
It just means you can beat them...
lol. so basi

EDIT: Ohh I didn't realize I posted this.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Because no one likes you.

gg

edit: sorry if that sounded too harsh. Its just what i assumed/what i was told by alot of people

edit: sike!!

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl...thats not a requirement for going to a tourny, or else kochiha wouldnt be able to go anywhere(not my hate, but everyone else's heh)

edit: we should get back onto the tournament talk...not whos got a bigger **** in melee sons!

BIG C

Smash Master
YO BIZNOTCHES, I'm coming all up in this piece come saturday if I got the dough who wants to team if no one goodish wants to team i'm only gonna do singles. that's if I got the money.

BunBun

Smash Master
rofl...thats not a requirement for going to a tourny, or else kochiha wouldnt be able to go anywhere(not my hate, but everyone else's heh)

edit: we should get back onto the tournament talk...not whos got a bigger **** in melee sons!
Would it be distasteful to say I could beat Kochiha with one arm tied behind my back?

<3 Kochiha, even though I've never met you

Mars-

Smash Champion
Because no one likes you.

gg

edit: sorry if that sounded too harsh. Its just what i assumed/what i was told by alot of people

edit: sike!!
If you get your panties bunched up over something said on the internet, then I really don't care what you think of me.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
okay okay okay
meneks is just as good if not better than all of those people
idk about mars i've never seen him play or played him
also, meneks is really technical, but idk about best multishiner
also, tink's a newb, washed up has been (jk you know i love you tinky poo)
and I don't even know what tourny this is I just got linked to it but I don't think I can come
also bunbun that was pretty funny lol

Top Bottom