• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 5 May 7th 2011 London MELEE! CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
OoC's commentary is better then everyone's.
sorry but, lol.

please go back and watch it at PH2 for some of the worst commentary ever. I can see how it's sort of funny, but it's like a terrible version of waffles, which I don't even think is good in the first place.

different tastes I guess :/

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Appreciate the variety in casting styles. UK = top of Melee commentary metagame. :reverse:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Don't really know :/ Most of what I'm saying is just what I've read off the boards and if Plank is innocent, he's not doing great by just straight out ignoring smashboards

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
what happened to the money at pound 5?
To further eliborate on Tamoo's point (since he makes it seem like he just took it out of the blue lol) APPARENTLY (key word is apparently) there wasn't enough money to pay for the hotels at the venue since people were bunching up in rooms and this left him in debt, and he choose not to be be in debt and take the money (apparently) and use it for to pay off the hotels (apparently) because he did not want to go into debt, leaving no-one with any prize money.

And then he ignored the smash community, deleted loads of people off of Facebook (this bit actually happened) and basically did not make a good case for himself and made a post about it (forgot what it said) which assisted in presenting himself in a bad manner and like he didn't care or something along them lines....so I don't think people are too cool with him.

sorry but, lol.

please go back and watch it at PH2 for some of the worst commentary ever. I can see how it's sort of funny, but it's like a terrible version of waffles, which I don't even think is good in the first place.

different tastes I guess :/
So black people not talking formally on the mic suddenly equals imitating or a certain version of Waffles???....

Phantom Hits 2 commentary is terrible, don't use that as a referral to our crews status commentary as that was only The Lust and Gantz, be in our presence with all of our crew their and you will see that OoC are the best for hype out of any crew or group of people in the UK.....and also a keynote is that Last Dragon is essential for the true OoC commentary to be released....

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh yeah my bad, should have mentioned that lol.

Jack: It's still better to at least post once in a while, you know, to actually know that he's out there/cares. Up to now, he's not even giving out intake/expenses and basically just said Chibo was annoying for his guesstimations without really refuting his numbers with his own real numbers.

VA

Smash Hero
So black people not talking formally on the mic suddenly equals imitating or a certain version of Waffles???....

Phantom Hits 2 commentary is terrible, don't use that as a referral to our crews status commentary as that was only The Lust and Gantz, be in our presence with all of our crew their and you will see that OoC are the best for hype out of any crew or group of people in the UK.....and also a keynote is that Last Dragon is essential for the true OoC commentary to be released....
Woaah, I hope that first part is a joke.

I'm sure you can create some hype and stuff, but that's not what I like about commentary.

VA

Smash Hero
lol, yes, I hate people with skin that is not white (this is why I live with beast).

I also think in racist stereotypes.

So when I heard Prof's friends talking about fried chicken (commentating?) I naturally assumed that they must be similar to the only other black person I know who talks about fried chicken (commentates), waffles. Simple racist logic really.

VA

Smash Hero
Jam came to my house yesterday. Why is he still good!? He might be coming back tonight :D

J03

Smash Master
Haha you never forget how to ride a bike unless you lose a leg.

I played him and Wes not long ago, they're both insane

Also what are the chances of using NTSC in UK tourneys, its a much more fun version of the game

VA

Smash Hero
Haha you never forget how to ride a bike unless you lose a leg.

I played him and Wes not long ago, they're both insane

Also what are the chances of using NTSC in UK tourneys, its a much more fun version of the game
Massively agree about NTSC. I wouldn't say insane...but it feels like he's practising a little bit while keeping up with 64. The combination keeps his level consistently high. It's so cool!

Also there was a french tournament this weekend that Wes went to. He got 9th apparently. Baxon lost to Salepate in WFs and GFs. Makenshi appears to have been resurrected at some point and will be returning to smash. Wes lost to Cyr and someone else.

J03

Smash Master
GZ Wes

Also Im probably going to Dorchester mid april for a week and would be interested in some smash for a day or so. Easiest for me if its around the London area, though i could possibly make it down to Brighton. Would any be interested in having me over for a day?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
so Plank just straight up stole up?
the hotel charged his c/c for the venue fee, so he lost all his paypal payments due to that.

@tamoo: he's responded several times since the whole thread about it so he's not really been ignoring people lol

Tamoo

Smash Master
He's responded, I'm aware of that having read it all pretty much lol but he never responds to the requests to see a statements of accounts to see the income and expenditure, because Chibo worked out there should be 4000 dollars left over.

Jolteon

wasn't there a similar problem at OC3? I remember them having to spend a lot of money on stuff just to run the tournament lol

but I agree with that completely, he at least owes people an explanation of how he spent that money.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah, I think they did show a statement of the finances for the tournament, although people are still sceptical on the numbers (I think one of them was $4000 for van hire for two weeks or something).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Woaah, I hope that first part is a joke.

I'm sure you can create some hype and stuff, but that's not what I like about commentary.
Well the first part was a joke in a serious manner lol, but ironically if we were white I don't think we were have been compared to Waffles :awesome:.....

And yeah it can not be your taste since it's personal preference I guess, but it's still the best in the UK and what prob most of the smash community would want to hear making it the best :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Also I don't mind having an NTSC event, just as long as it's not a GT series tournament as their meant to be legit (and this is coming from a fox player who will probably benefit the most from playing NTSC) but why don't we do it at the next Monthly or a side event or I dunno, how many NTSC discs do we have anyway?

Jolteon

i dont think we have that many of them

kind of a shame as well, ntsc is so cool.

VA

Smash Hero
Well the first part was a joke in a serious manner lol, but ironically if we were white I don't think we were have been compared to Waffles :awesome:.....

And yeah it can not be your taste since it's personal preference I guess, but it's still the best in the UK and what prob most of the smash community would want to hear making it the best :)
Assuming that mass popularity makes something the best, which most of us don't believe anyway (we love smash).

Also, if I had heard the two commentaries and not seen any of the people involved I would have made the very same remark as the style of the commentaries themselves are similar.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I know it affects wayyy more them me, but I still want to play it normally on PAL....I just don't think it makes a legit final if we're playing it on the american version....I don't mind having a serious MM and playing for long on NTSC but I think we should just reserve a UK National Tournament for a legit finals....depending on who is there though I don't mind playing Winners Semis NTSC lol

But not the GF's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom