• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 5 May 7th 2011 London MELEE! CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
i was only curious to why u quit. i was told good things about ur peach which led me to think why would someone that good quit suddenly......
When is quitting gradual?

I was demoralized by the way I played at GTwhatever, even when I beat Charles I felt I played bad. But yeah I lost my mind in the euphoria of winning finally and couldn't hold it together through the rest of the tournament. Dying to fox's uair at 60% also makes me want to quit smash.

gm jack

Smash Lord
If you are doing that well and still feel like you are playing bad, you could probably become stupid good if you practised enough to stop the mistakes you are noticing in your own play.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I think it's time that prof needs to back off. Trashtalking and joking aside, some of your comments go too far. It's not great that you can be so rude to people on the boards. It should be a place you can talk casually, not barrage people with insults.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Where do you get off saying things like this to me? It's absolutely obscene that you think it's ok. It's not.

What Degree was saying is the exact reason why you're having to play brawl (a game you patently hate), there are ENOUGH melee players around already without having to convert new ones through playing brawl (though I see the merit of it).

The scene has undoubtedly dwindled recently, and it's clear from who posts that the online user base is ****ing appalling. Why can't you just take a hint and clean up your act online a tiny little bit? It's very very childish, more than that your arguments you gave me when I took you up on it on facebook chat proved that you were incompetent about it.

Whether or not you mean the things you say (I care little about whether you truly THINK you do or not), they are not at a complete disconnect with reality. For one thing, this is an online community, where our best players do not even want to use the communication network we have. Fuzzy, myself and edwin do not like using boards. Fuzzy told me himself he just stays out of everything. This is clearly linked to you and your posts, and this is not to mention the wider community which includes players who have completely stopped using boards and eventually attending playing because of it.

Anyway look, this is my final attempt to move on with this. I literally do not care what you think of me. You completely mistook my actions and twisted them around your own perceptions in the past. I am willing to move past everything that has been said and done in the attempt to build a better community. I want to start hosting national events in Brighton, but I will not do this if the online community continues to be a place where excessive personal abuse is tolerated. End of.
LOOOOOL I didn't even read this but I can sense the emotion coming off of this long speech, I will read this later when I get the time as im currently playing Black Ops and ****** it up.

oh yeah speaking of which prof do you wanna practice brawl sometime so we can take top 3 at that croydon event?
LOl Yeah I dont mind, just gonna go Metaknight obv and **** it up...it's next thurs so i'll remind you when the time gets closer so you can come.

I don't understand why someone like Ben has to put up with feeling like he's being bullied online by prof.
LOL At this post....100% of the time Ben comes online and randomly calls me a prick or insults me and then I return it back to him and then we move on without any hurt feelings...so I don't know where you get that from...me and Ben always have the ban'ter (in irish/scottish accent)

Anyway im playing Black Ops so i'll respond to all this later....and obv my main aims will be to hurt feelings and destroy everything in my path :awesome:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
either two things will happen, 1) we'll dominate and then play amazing melee afterwards, hype people up and get them to come to the monthlies or 2) we'll get a rep as those "gay mk players" looool

VA

Smash Hero
If you are doing that well and still feel like you are playing bad, you could probably become stupid good if you practised enough to stop the mistakes you are noticing in your own play.
I am doing exactly this at the moment. I'm training so hard for beast2, like I've never trained before.

@ prof lol I absolutely love that you said that about bill. way to miss the mark? I never harbor bad feelings toward you either, I just think it's time you stopped this game. It's bored an entire community of people off SWF and stagnated the scene to a remarkable 14 man national.

I want to be involved with the scene more. There are fractured scenes up and down the country that desperately need integration. Once I finish university (16 days time) I will have a lot of energy to direct towards this. But I will not try to get involved if the state of the online community does not change.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
. It's bored an entire community of people off SWF and stagnated the scene to a remarkable 14 man national.
Does this suggest that he trolls so hard that people don't go to events because they don't like the troll?? Cause I doubt the low turn out is because of that.......

Also if its such a bother to people STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

On the other hand just come back VA so i can get ***** by more people safe.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
LOl Yeah I dont mind, just gonna go Metaknight obv and **** it up...it's next thurs so i'll remind you when the time gets closer so you can come.
When dujuan told me you guys had been playing brawl i LOL'ed so hard!
Stop braking the game with MK and insult them using someone like mario! fludd is too epic not to use!

VA

Smash Hero
No I don't blame prof entirely for the dwindling turnouts. But it is part of a wider issue of online user base becoming almost completely negligible. There are a lot of issues that I think need dealing with in terms of the state of smash in the UK. I also hate to be saying I'm not going to get involved more unless things change...but why would I?

Also, this tournament is over, close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom