• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 5 May 7th 2011 London MELEE! CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
SmashGT 5 May 7th 2011 Melee Tournament

Want to find competition? Want to prove whos boss?
Bring your A game and compete at SmashGT 5!

PLEASE READ THE INFO BELOW

Index: Cant find what you want to find? use Ctrl+F and the code to find stuff
Location, Directions, Times + Fees: [LRB1]
Tournament Rules: [LRB2]
Group Stages Format: [LRB3]
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]
Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]
Venue FAQ[LRB8]
Results[LRB9]

Location, Travel Info, Times + Fees [LRB1]
    Postcode: IG5 0SX
    Use www.multimap.com and type in IG5 0SX to get a pretty specific map of where it is
  • Directions
    Central Line (eastbound) get to Gants Hill (Hainault via newbury park train)

Then you get out of one side of the station and you should see a "Cash Converters" shop somewhere Which has a 128 bus stop outside
    you take the 128, it goes into barkingside high street (you'll see a macdonalds on your left = barkingside) and takes a left turn, get off at the stop where there is a small shop called "CostCutters" its like 3/4 stops past barkingside (after the left turn)

- I advice ask the bus driver for Kelvedon Lodge, or a bus stop past Barkingside beside Costcutters

then you walk out the bus obviously, head right..take the first left, then the first left again and you see the venue called "TipTree Communial Hall"
    (its like 1 min from the stop)

You can also take the 128 bus from Barkingside on the opposite side of the road of subway on the high street (not towards gants hill)
  • Venue opens : 1:30pm
  • Signups Start: 2pm
  • Signups End: 2:30pm
  • Tournament: 2:30pm - 9:30pm
  • Venue closes: 10pm
  • Venue Fee - £5/6
  • Tournament Fee - £5 Singles, £5 Doubles (each)

EVEN IF YOU ARE COMING JUST TO SPECTATE OR PLAY FRIENDLIES YOU MUST STILL PAY THE VENUE FEE!

Tournament Rules [LRB2]

The Tournament will be split into 2 stages. Group Stages then a Double Elimination Bracket
  • You are expected to bring your own controller, if your gamecube pad SOMEHOW breaks in the middle of your match and you dont have a spare, then you will forfeit the match. believe me this HAS happened so check your pad
  • If you aint there when its your turn, you will automatically forfeit the match. However we understand you MIGHT have a life, so we will give you 5 minutes but when you hold people up, no ones happy about it
  • You forfeit the match if you press the Start button, but what you should really do is turn the option off...
Group Stages [LRB3]

Group Stages (also known as Pools) will be the first stage, which are like qualifiers for the real tournament.
  • All the players will be divided into seperate groups.
  • Top 4 currently in the Leaderboard will be spread out to each group
  • Each player plays each other player ONCE (First to One).
  • The players with the top 2 highest wins in that group will progress or qualify for the Double Elimination Bracket (If there is a Tie, a Tiebreaker game will be played.
Double Elimination Brackets Format: [LRB4]

Double elimination brackets are kinda like, normal tournament brackets you see in the tournament mode in the Smash game. However this certain type of bracket has advantages over the normal one. You get 2 lives and the results are more fair due to this
  • Players will be put into a Double elimination bracket
  • The players who win the most matches in their groups will be spread away from each other
  • Matches will be First to 2 (or Best out of 3)
  • Guys, even if you lose the first match, you can still get to the finals, just that if you get straight wins you get to the finals quicker.
General Smash Rules: [LRB5]

Smash is very unique game so it has its own set of rules.
  • 'First Character Picking' will be done in a method called BLIND PICKING. You basically write your character on a piece of paper (or phone or something) and hide it till your opponent is done then REVEAL. Then pick the character that you wrote. This rule is in place to stop people from waiting for the opponent to pick just to counter.
  • First Stage is ALWAYS random. Then Advanced Slob Picking. The person who loses may choose to pick another stage (probably a counter or buffstage). If he chooses to do so, then the winner picks a character then the loser picks his character. This also means that Blind picking is for the first match only
  • Items are off
  • Stage Banning Rule: You may choose to ban one stage at the very beginning of the match, if one of you do so, your opponent may also ban a stage. If none of you are bothered then dont do it. Also if you ban a Neutral Stage, DO NOT EDIT THE RANDOM STAGES. Instead if it comes up just Start+L+R+A
  • Daves Stupid Rule: This rule will be in effect, you basically cant CHOOSE a stage you have already won on, if you get to choose. This prevents a match that looks like, FD,Yoshi,Mute City,Yoshi,Mute City
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
  • No rising pound, peach bomber stalling etc..you guys know the drill

Stage Rulings

Melee Specific notes: [LRB7]

Stage Rulings:

Random/Neutral Stages

Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Yoshi Story
Battlefield

Counterpick Stages:

Pokemon Stadium

Teams you switch Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium around

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Venue FAQ [LRB8]
The venue itself is huge, it can hold more than 60 people easily and possibly up to 100..it has heating, electricity, a kitchen, toilets, chairs, tables and a t.v provided.

RULES:
- Please watch the door incase strangers come in and cause trouble
- Be nice to everyone
- NO MESS, especially chewing gum
- NO SMOKING
- NO DRINKING
- Be formal and on time, no holding up matches
- Please can everyone work together as security to make sure no strangers or trouble makers walk in (the venue has been known to have dodgy people around)
- Only bring what is necessary (Pad, Console, Money for food etc) don't bring anything that can attract to affect you if stolen

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
First! :D

Gonna be awesome!

btw I think we should do both the TV stations system and the "pools LB system" (maybe try this one out at a monthly first?)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
we probably will, but im not doing a monthly before this

also before people complain at the day please check the costs of everything

I have valid reasons for increasing the venue fee this time -_-

Jolteon

oh fair enough ^^

the venue fee is fair considering how much you lost recently.

Degree

Smash Apprentice
Almost certainly not going to be able to make it due to that being a fairly intense part of my course. =(

j3ly

Smash Champion
people should stop saying they are not going. it creates an unnecessary snowball effect and we may be looking at the end of regular tournaments as a result... so people stfu

i will be here to **** and crush dreams/falcos as usual.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
looks good :) lets hope for a good turnout this time.

Not sure if I'll be able to go yet but I probably will be :)

Pokemons should be a neutral :glare:

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
It says in the description that the first stage is random - is that right or are we striking like usual?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nah, im pretty sure he just copied and pasted the texts and didn't realise that....it's always Stage Striking now as it's the only fair we to determine a first match.

And no matter what, Pokemon Stadium won't be a neutral anymore because it's already been set by other people and people love to follow what other people are doing, thus our stage list being changed instantly.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i used to think ps should be neutral

but now i dont really

it really gives some characters advantages

and the stage changing

i just dont think its more balanced than FoD

but i am bais cause i play alot of PS and dont on Fod lol

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL You should try to comeback Jo3, would be fun to see you again, plus I **** now and we need some of that sexy commentary which hasn't been broadcasted in years :(

J03

Smash Master
well smash wise im prolly better then ever just everyone will have gotten... more better

Problem ive got here is the date, 7th May... i get payed 1.2k on the 9th haha and ill be scrimping till then

can you send me links to recent tourney vids?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think it's important to inform you J03 that at GT4 I 7-1'd Fuzzy but it didn't get recorded because there wasn't any recording equipment

Next London Monthly Fuzzy wins 7-3.....but this time the recording equipment is miraciously working.

Birmingham Monthly (not really that serious) Charles wins....forgot the score, but oh look the recording equipment is working

Next London Monthly I win against Fuzzy 7-1.....oh look the recording equipment isn't working again.

So yeah, just remember when you're watching that, that youtube is missing 2 tournaments of me winning and has got the 2 win Charles got against me

J03

Smash Master
fuok results man these matches are pipe, not just pipe but P.I.P.E, understand?

they look like matches of 2 top 10 euro players

TC: You may have the best commentary of anyone... ever. what you say is really cool, insightful and funny. If only your tone was better :(

gm jack

Smash Lord
:o.

*hungry again*

For a slightly cheaper alternative, get some full fat/ jersey milk and then add a load of milk powder to that. As that tastes like ***, add some milkshake powder or something and you get a small drink with ~400 calories in it. A couple a day on top of regular meals and you'll bulk up in no time (I did it when I rowed more than I do now, and put on a kilo or two a month).

Jolteon

joe: haha thanks man. :) and do you think my tone's too dry or is it just not commentator-ish?

it's been ages since I've seen you so it'd be really cool if you could make this.

Jolteon

i guess too dry and reserve but honestly its not by much. Your commentary content is awesome and its by far the best ive ever heard
fair enough haha, I <3 the fact that you always give me good criticism because it helps me work on stuff.

I actually really, really like VA's commentary lol
his voice is perfect for commentary lmao

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Huh....I don't really know who says that lol :confused:
I've heard someone say it before but it's not really a phase used in OoC regularly

Stop trying to take away from OoC's commentary being undoubtably the best in the UK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom