• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 4 20th November Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
With Falcon, you have to be able to make every hit turn into a kill, because sheik can do the same much easier, and can force approaches.
ok im not expecting to win anymore cuz i still dont have basic tech 100% down :urg:

@Pro save it for this event, it will motivate me to show up :awesome:

j3ly

Smash Champion
u guys are talking as if a random strategy has never thrown you off before

the subconscious mind does almost everything, without realising it my brain has formed the counter strategies. i'd never been camped before SNY, dont forget this.

j03 better let a rematch MM do the talking instead of running ur mouth, because i SERIOUSLY doubt if you would have won had i banned DL. the ONLY reason i didn't was my own fail in forgetting it was an option - i only considered banning either BF or YS and literally forgot about DL

consider urself really lucky for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk-whwChVOM&feature=player_embedded#!

lol, lol nd lol
dammit americans listen to some awful dubstep

do we have a confirmed date for this yet, 2 of my friends are waiting to book train tickets and cant yet.

also, what happens when you plug smash through a RGB->VGA adaptor, and play it on 120hz?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Everyone understands the concept of a new style throwing you off.

But you were saying that if you camp you don't deserve to win which is the wrong mentality to have since it says more about you being able to deal and adap to certain situation rather then the player playing gay.

And your subconscious brain does not come up with strategies really....of course that benefits it but to become better and get around something you have to consciously think about it before it becomes subconscious to counter it.

And if your counter is fully based off a subconscious improvement then it is not going to be a big one.

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
is swizzyness comming? might request teaming with him if he is, we worked pretty good together at SNY
I asked if you wanted to team like 2 days ago, but it got lost behind about 5 pages of sh**. I'm like 90% sure I'm coming. Just to warn you, I haven't played for weeks, and I probably won't have much time to either. Luckily, not playing seems to not matter after the first 5 minutes for me so it should all be good.

Gonna try and make VA and Beasts fest though.

Anyway Mikey I really think you should team with beast. If you make it to my smashfest you'll see that he's stepping it up loads at the moment.
Was fun teaming with Beast at SNY, and I think we'd do pretty well at this, but me and j3ly said we'd team sometime. We had some pretty fun doubles friendlies, and now seems like as good a time as any to try it in tournament.

j3ly

Smash Champion
edwins not been on msn in ages.. i think he has blocked me so i dont get him to play smash (trying to quit in favor of SF4 and BB), lol. he will come to GT4 guarenteed but i dont think were gnna make a good team until my jiggs is up to scratch. he would agree that we got in eachothers way alot and didn't agree on CP's

lets do it then :) bussssss some heads at a cumulative total of 600% :D

i'd probably go doc though, a much more intimidating teams partner. or jiggs, i dunno. my smash head is in a mess atm, i don't think it matters much tho guarenteed 2nd/3rd ;)

VA

Smash Hero
lol how are people saying they can get guaranteed anything at this?

The only thing that is guaranteed is me and charles winning. The rest is wide open :p

Nah I look forward to the set with Alex and Prof and whoever else will be challenging us.

J03

Smash Master
looks like teams is wide open for this. should be fun.

J3ly: if you think DL was the difference between you winning/losing our set then im saddened :( there was so much more you should have taken away from our set and its devastating to know a talented player is letting their emotion get the better of them, put simply you wont improve whilst your angry :(

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Jo3 and Alan got the experience
Prof and Jolteon got the other top 3 player
Smakis and Tamoo got the double grab-rest
Me and j3ly got the raw talent

There's actually gonna be some serious competition for second - this whole mixing up of teams things is kinda interesting.

AmcD

Smash Ace
I can't wait for this tournament, really will be interesting!
Also is chris and frost coming to this?
If so add them to that list and edwin if he teams with someone decent.

J03

Smash Master
im not even sure VA and Fuzzy will take first, it seems likely but not certain.

I mean come on lads, like we aint gonna give them a run for their money!

j3ly

Smash Champion
J3ly: if you think DL was the difference between you winning/losing our set then im saddened :( there was so much more you should have taken away from our set and its devastating to know a talented player is letting their emotion get the better of them, put simply you wont improve whilst your angry :(
Nothing but banter, the anger is something that you can say because i've had a few anger outbursts, and for some stupid reason you are applying that to our game? And my own outlook on it... i'm sorry, are you my personal psychiatrist or something?

Dude are you being stupid on purpose or... I took away experience from our game and thats all that i'll be needing, thank you.

AmCD i'll happily MM you. How much do you want. We should get it recorded, with at least our crews watching it.
Normally i'd trashtalk the hell out of you on this line but i'll let my game do the talking instead.
Teams will indeed be very fun.

Tamoo

Smash Master
actually, me and smakis barely got grab rests, i just let him practice blizzobling under pressure when he got a grab, he needed the pressure practice. We got most of our kills from the crazy low percents dsmash sends ppl off the stage and jiggs edgeguarding

also jely: why does ur sig say dec?

AmcD

Smash Ace
Nothing but banter, the anger is something that you can say because i've had a few anger outbursts, and for some stupid reason you are applying that to our game? And my own outlook on it... i'm sorry, are you my personal psychiatrist or something?

Dude are you being stupid on purpose or... I took away experience from our game and thats all that i'll be needing, thank you.

AmCD i'll happily MM you. How much do you want. We should get it recorded, with at least our crews watching it.
Normally i'd trashtalk the hell out of you on this line but i'll let my game do the talking instead.
Teams will indeed be very fun.
I was actually talking about MM in teams but if you want one in singles as well then yeah sure :) want to decide the price at the tournament or now?
I thought it was on the 20th November.

rustediron

Smash Lord
also, what happens when you plug smash through a RGB->VGA adaptor, and play it on 120hz?
Moderate lag because teh adapter has to run a few calculations to convert to VGA, then you'll get a screen presumably refreshing at 120hz on a game running at 60hz - so every second refresh will be pointless :S

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
edwins not been on msn in ages.. i think he has blocked me so i dont get him to play smash (trying to quit in favor of SF4 and BB), lol.
I don't think he has blocked you, he hasn't been online for awhile, neither on smashboard, which prob means he is doing some college/uni work since I remember a time before this where he went away for awhile for the same reason.

looks like teams is wide open for this. should be fun.

J3ly: if you think DL was the difference between you winning/losing our set then im saddened :( there was so much more you should have taken away from our set and its devastating to know a talented player is letting their emotion get the better of them, put simply you wont improve whilst your angry
Corrected for factual reasons.

LMAO J3ly MM in teams. 2nd/3rd lmao no way.
looool This!!!!

They could potentially though get 3rd, but 2nd is practically reserved for either Fuzz and VA or Me and Jolteon (mostly likely them obv obv) while 3rd is reserved for AmcD + Jo3 or Tamoo + Smakis.

me and smakis got 2nd guys, don't get your hopes up
Man up with not aiming for the top.
That's what me and Jolteon are aiming for and ironically what we're gonna get :confused:

If Jolteon was a bit better we would **** and destroy in teams, and even with the level he is at right now it's still Rah-Pay, so either way there's gonna be some ****** going on.
And then in a synchonrized fashion after the rpae we supply to any team we will pivot our heads slowly in the losers direction and say nothing except having this face :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Jo3 and Alan got the experience
Prof and Jolteon got the other top 3 player
Smakis and Tamoo got the double grab-rest
Me and j3ly got the raw talent

I like how everyones forgot about me and jjlinyard, we destroyed teams last time! yeah many people did'nt turn up but still placing 3rd was pretty impressive seeing as dont have MUCH teaming experience. I just dont know if he'll be coming to this event.... I just remembered VA and Beast got rayyp't against me and swizzy lol :p we should record it next time

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol @ everyone arguing over 2nd and no one mentioning 1st, given up already guys?... :)

VA

Smash Hero
I feel like I've stepped up loads recently. So...yeah. Whatever.

Also Alpha Dash when the hell did you and swizzy beat me and beast? I have no memory of this whatsoever. Either way I'd happily play that match up again and destroy you and swizzy.

smakis

Smash Ace
who needs to win teams when I'm winning singles? The teams winnings is better used for someone who actually needs it =)

VA

Smash Hero
I really look forward to teams, especially since most of the community seem to be pushing their aspirations. Prof and Charles were deemed unbeatable by the majority in the community. I am the only player to have beaten them in a set with 2 different partners. I won with both Tamoo and Swizzy a total of 3 sets against them. They beat me and Tamoo in 1 set and were 2-1 up in an unfinished set, and are at 2-2 with me and Swizzy.

I don't know what people thinks this says about me as a teams player. But yeah I have high hopes for me and charles in the future on an international level. However there is a chance that we completely fail...

Anyway, in terms of stepping up. I didn't say I had after Apex. I just came back and showed people I have. But I've been practicing a lot recently. I suppose you'll just have to wait and see won't you jo3 :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I actually can't wait for VA to team with Charles and then to here VA's feedback about how it went loool.

It's gonna be funny cos I already have an idea of what he will say.

VA

Smash Hero
I have actually teamed with charles before. We nearly lost to tamoo and clockmire. But I was on the biggest choke of my life at that tournament (the one where I nearly lost to bullet bill in brackets, yeah I lost in a fox ditto). Also Charles was being a **** and resting me.

I think things may be a little bit better now. Even if we are bad to start off with, I feel like we'll win anyway.

And Charles, Beast is up for Sweden for sure. So I'm definitely going to book tomorrow.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
sick, lets all book together cause its £33 as a group rather than individual it might go up

I'll prob do the booking, got np with it cause I got the money, so make sure you're on msn tomorrow =)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
sick, lets all book together cause its £33 as a group rather than individual it might go up

I'll prob do the booking, got np with it cause I got the money, so make sure you're on msn tomorrow =)
wtf? £33 is mad cheap, msn me lol

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I feel like I've stepped up loads recently. So...yeah. Whatever.

Also Alpha Dash when the hell did you and swizzy beat me and beast? I have no memory of this whatsoever. Either way I'd happily play that match up again and destroy you and swizzy.
you slag, of course you wouldnt remember something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom