• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I'm not on the confirmed list? Might as well put me on now.
From the first page, would it be possible for charles, or maybe even edwin to house me?

Also, don't use "you can always ban it" as an arguement for it being a legal stage.
I disagree with some of the stages, but I'll play along.
I will always be in favour of stage striking over random select though.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
prof would you dare go peach against me on mute city anyway? I doubt so lol

I'll change the stages dw
lol :) :) :) :) :) :)

Mute is TERRIBLE. No other stages can Peach and Jiggs win like the complete pricks they are whilst being a complete death wish for fox, falco, falcon, Doc. Green greens is a completely aweful stage that shouldn't be legal anywhere : /.

corneria, Brinstar, poke floats and rainbow ride are stages that I don't think are as bad but I think Mute should def not be on
lol Mute is a legit stage.

You're going on like those characters you named can't win on it.....cos they clearly can.
It's just not in your favour, which is why it is a COUNTERPICK and if you don't like that stage then yes you should ban it.

As AmcD said, you can't have Corneria and not have Mute, cos Corneria is heavily in fox's favour but I guess since it isn't a terrible doc map you aren't gonna kick up to much of a fuss are you lol.....

Also, don't use "you can always ban it" as an arguement for it being a legal stage.
I disagree with some of the stages, but I'll play along.
I will always be in favour of stage striking over random select though.
People aren' t using 'you can always ban it' as an arguement for it being a legal stage.

People are complaining that the stage is not gonna work in their favour or other peoples favour and we are saying it should be banned, there's nothing illegal about the stage.

But yeah you do what you just said and 'play along.

J03

Smash Master
Lawrencelot. the best UK players, in rough ranking order

Fuzzy
Pro
VA
Edwin
Jam
Frostbyte
Jo3
Chrisboi
Craiigg
Coey
AmcD
BulletBill
Tamoo

or something like that.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I'm also a big fan of stage striking, it seems more consistent to me. (Though it also means you'll see a lot of Battlefield >__>)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yup, prof pretty much summed up everything I was gonna say

Add gantz and lj into that list

Battlefield is too good, and yeah I'm usually for stage striking but either will do imo. As long as it's not 5 randoms like it used to be. I remember when we did BO1 on 5 randoms, that was horrible lol!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Lawrencelot. the best UK players, in rough ranking order

Fuzzy
Pro
VA
Edwin
Jam
Frostbyte
Jo3
Chrisboi
Craiigg
Coey
AmcD
BulletBill
Tamoo

or something like that.
Gantz is above Tamoo.....
He placed higher then him at PH2 (Gantz 9th, Tamoo 13th) and he also beat him at London Monthly and placed 5th (joint with Chrisboi) when Tamoo placed 9th lol.
What has Tamoo proven other then beating you that one time to prove he is above Gantz lol.

And surely Ben should be higher then Coey on that by now :ohwell:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I'm also a big fan of stage striking, it seems more consistent to me. (Though it also means you'll see a lot of Battlefield >__>)
Yeah I like stage striking cos it means that first game will be fair and not in anyones extreme favour.

But there's only 3 random stages.....so is there much point.
Unless of course we add the other 5 which is either.

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Yoshi Story

or

Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Yoshi Story

Jolteon

Oh yeah I forgot it was 3 stages, that's true. I think BF is better, but either works imo.

Jolteon

lol Inui logic..

Tamoo beats Chrisboi who beats Gantz so obviously Tamoo must be better. :confused:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Tbh, I think it's all a bit debatable and almost irrelevant after the top 6 or even the top 4.

Would go as far as to suggest it's rediculously even after top 4 and literally anything could happen

L-J

Smash Ace
There's no point quibbling about ranking of players really except at the very top where consistent results speak for themselves - people will always have their own opinions. E.g. Me placing higher than Tamoo in last two tournies but him beating Chrisboi and me losing to him doesn't say much about anything. I haven't played him in tournament for over a year and have no idea if I'm better than him or not. Same with Gantz, though I'm pretty sure he's still a little better than me.

So yeah to sum up specifically: different players beat different players...sometimes. Lol.

Also I like having one ban per player throughout the set AND stage striking from 3/5 neutrals, just my 2 cents.

Edit: Tamoo got there first lol.

Aiko

Smash Champion
lol where am i in that list?! that list is wrong after frostbyte too.

should be more like

Frostbyte
Chrisboi
AmcD
JO3
Coey
Aiko
craiigg
Bulletbill
Tamoo

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
People aren' t using 'you can always ban it' as an arguement for it being a legal stage.

People are complaining that the stage is not gonna work in their favour or other peoples favour and we are saying it should be banned, there's nothing illegal about the stage.

But yeah you do what you just said and 'play along.
I read somewhere saying something along those lines, so I just mentioned it to say that it isn't a good arguement. I'm not bothered enough to find it, or to say anything else, I was merely stating a fact.

Apart from the top few players, creating a list for how good each player is, would be time consuming, unneccessary, and probably wrong.

Kone

Smash Master
Craiigg
Coey
AmcD
BulletBill
Tamoo

^any set between me and the above will be very very close :s. Also, mike should be in there.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
He makes occassional mistakes when trying to show off, but he is **** good, especially once he gets in the correct mindset.

And my attendance is looking doubtful as it stands, which does not make me happy. :(
I don't think craiigg has done that well at all in tournaments to earn him that sort of rank. Just seems like for some reason people like craiigg are for some reason being put up there above me when they havent been placing well or attending many tournaments whereas some other people that are put below him in Joes list have been playing at loads of tournaments and getting good placings.

gm jack

Smash Lord
He flakes alot/has a really bad memory, be he's really solid when he gets down. I've only watched you a bit, but he did seem better, even if it is just down to him using better characters which give him more options.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
He flakes alot/has a really bad memory, be he's really solid when he gets down. I've only watched you a bit, but he did seem better, even if it is just down to him using better characters which give him more options.
the tournaments he has been to he's performed poorly. I seriously dont understand why people talk craiigg up so much

Almas

Smash Lord
I guess I'll probably be coming to this (depends if there's anything better to do on the weekend). OMGG HYPPEE??! Yea.

gm jack

Smash Lord
the tournaments he has been to he's performed poorly. I seriously dont understand why people talk craiigg up so much
He places fairly well (for a UK player that isn't fuzz) in european tournaments, or so he tells me. Or it may be he used to be better and he hasn't been on form for a while, but it still included.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dunno, from purely what i've seen, ben is a better player and has proven himself enough to be higher. But that may just have been because im much more comfortable against falco that doc :/

Even so, someone who regularly goes to tournaments should imo be given priority over people who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom