• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm not seeing any change in my recording situation, so scratch me from that list (if you have one).
Is your computer broken or something?

Yeah I did, though I felt as if M2K was off.
He's always off when he loses

or some ******* stole his controller

or he was riding the sadmobile

or MK got banned

or his opponents sweat glands made him tear so that he couldn't see the TV screen

or something

My point: M2K johns well enough for his own needs, other people don't need to do that for him

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Is there gonna be Housing in any form? I really need to know so i can book some really cheap tickets i found, so please, if anybody can help me in this matter :(

(The housing would be from Thursday to the tourney and maybe some days after the tourney.)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
What ?? 4 or 5 hours to go to the tournament from the airport in Olso... With Bus - Feet - Train - Another Train - Another Bus - walk again...
That makes me very sad... ^^

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys sorry I don't want to read the entire thread so I just ask:

Is Chu Dat coming to this? If so, I'd be so ****ing hyped. He is the only american smasher besides Vidjo i ALWAYS wanted to meet. I'm gonna stalk him so bad, lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Chu- I thought you wouldn't be coming because M2K's deal to get buddy passes for us didn't come through. What will you do to ensure you have the money to go?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
will the tournament be over by 6pm sunday? my flight would have to be at 9pm cause of work

is torp or rygge closer?
Yeah, the tournament will be over by 6 pm.
Traveling info is in the first post. And there you also can see that Gardermoen is by far the closest airport.

Edit: Not sure what's the closest of Torp and Rygge. U gotta have to ask someone that knows that ****.
First post got all the info I can tell.

still need an answer for the first question

would anyone be able to house a lot of UK players before/possibly after the event?
Working on a solution here. You'll have to wait a few days before I know the status about whether the venue I found for housing is available or not. It's in the process.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
So I've planned a roadtrip in Norway, and I'd like some input from Norwegians if there's some important places I've missed.

A 1699 characters long Google maps URL. The letter locations are a little arbitrary, I just tried to follow some recommended routes, so don't think of them as anything special.
It's a brilliant route AJP, you've really made some good research and great choices. You should definitly try to get to see Jostedalsbreen if you can. It's possible to reach Nigardsbreen(biggest arm) from Gaupne, aquire more info from http://www.brevegen.no/ Otherwise I would be happy to answere any questions, as I've been to many of the places you are going. I just lived in Stavanger, live in Bergen now and have also lived near Kristiansund for a year. Good luck btw!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's a brilliant route AJP, you've really made some good research and great choices. You should definitly try to get to see Jostedalsbreen if you can. It's possible to reach Nigardsbreen(biggest arm) from Gaupne, aquire more info from http://www.brevegen.no/ Otherwise I would be happy to answere any questions, as I've been to many of the places you are going. I just lived in Stavanger, live in Bergen now and have also lived near Kristiansund for a year. Good luck btw!
Changing the H point from Gaupne to Breheimsenteret doesn't change the rest of the route at all, so it was easy to add, thanks.
What about the, according to Google Maps, 11 ferries that we have to take? Do they usually go often and around the clock, or does it depend on the location and I have to plan ahead?

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm confirmed for this. I already bought my tickets. I wanted to visit Europe this summer anyway, so I'm glad it all worked out. :)

Armada

Smash Lord
One thing I think that should be a good rule (that also have been a rule at some tournaments) is that you can choose to either ban one neutral or 2 from the counterpicking list.

I know the rules regarding the stages will not change but this rule make it way better. Those stages (at least KJ64 and RR) are not even close to the others when it comes to how "neutral" they are so I think that is fare.

If the argument against this idea is "a lot of people will just ban KJ64 and RR" then it says more about the stages then this extra rule :p

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
One thing I think that should be a good rule (that also have been a rule at some tournaments) is that you can choose to either ban one neutral or 2 from the counterpicking list.

I know the rules regarding the stages will not change but this rule make it way better. Those stages (at least KJ64 and RR) are not even close to the others when it comes to how "neutral" they are so I think that is fare.

If the argument against this idea is "a lot of people will just ban KJ64 and RR" then it says more about the stages then this extra rule :p
If there were more non-neutral stages on, like the old days, I'd probably be okay with that. But since there are only two non-neutral stages on, which I honestly think are pretty fair stages, it's not gonna happen. I hate to play on KJ64, so that rule would probably benefit me personally(if people ban RR, I'd automatically get a ban on KJ64), but it's against what I think is fair, thus I'll not use it. Thanks for the input, though :)

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Changing the H point from Gaupne to Breheimsenteret doesn't change the rest of the route at all, so it was easy to add, thanks.
What about the, according to Google Maps, 11 ferries that we have to take? Do they usually go often and around the clock, or does it depend on the location and I have to plan ahead?
The ferries are run by www.fjord1.no - They go once or twice an hour usually. Vacation may cause some extra waiting though since the ferries can get full(or have tecnical problems, but I'm not sure if occurs on the main E-road. It's probably allright.

Armada

Smash Lord
Just add a couple extra non-neutral stages then. MK2 for example, or what do you think Armada? =)
Yeah I agree with adding more non-neutral stages (not Mk2 though :p)
If you have any of those weird stages it feels wrong to only have that few and with one ban.

Add brinstar and MC and then have the rule with banning 1 Neutral or 2 non-neutral.
I honestly think RR/KJ64 gives spacies even more advantage to them and in a lot of stupid ways (circle camping on KJ64 for example) and they don't even need that so with RR/KJ64 on I think we should add brinstar/MC aswell.

I would like to not have any of those stages on but I think all 4 of those is better then have just two of them.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
6 people are booked

Outbound flight details - All times are local

From London-Stansted (STN) to Oslo (Rygge) (RYG) No Taxes
Flight Number FR1392 10 July 2012
Departs London-Stansted (STN) 08:25
Arrives Oslo (Rygge) (RYG) 11:20

Return flight details - All times are local
From Oslo (Rygge) (RYG) to London-Stansted (STN) No Taxes
Flight Number FR1395 15 July 2012
Departs Oslo (Rygge) (RYG) 21:50
Arrives London-Stansted (STN) 22:45

Fuzzyness
Jolteon
Yeniths
Deathgazer
Alpha Dash
DDIZ

Our Flights cost us £32 each =O

so basically we need housing from tuesday -> sunday

Armada

Smash Lord
Fun to see that some players have booked their tickets.
With that low prices I expect to see more people from UK book their tickets soon =)

Top Bottom