• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion : Melee Grande - RESULTS THREAD IS UP NOW! (Road to Apex)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
It's great to see that random americans are interested... it's never happened before ! O_O
same as madlobster, I haven't been able to sleep the past 3 days.
and OMFG at Germany... 26 interested x_X
this tourney is looking God-like already.

Tekk

Smash Lord
ROOOOOFLL Madlobster
Teach me some norwegian so I can understand when you guys are talking about vodka-ignified penises.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Im always up for teaching some basic norwegian. But its at your own risk. Once you understand what Navntøsen and Darkfrog are saying its no way back :D

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'd say there will be even more interested Germans within the next weeks :)

/edit:

KI7 and Lazor are interested as well!

Darkfrog

Smash Cadet
ROOOOOFLL Madlobster
Teach me some norwegian so I can understand when you guys are talking about vodka-ignified penises.
Penis infused vodka was the least disturbing thing we talked about out there. Take my word for it, Norwegians are totaly ****ed in the head! Our main national food is called Smalahove, which is when we cut off the head of a lamb, shove a stick in it and hold it over a fire to torch off all the wool and hair before boiling the head and eating it! (no, for real. Dont belive me?)
This is of course consumed along side wast volumes of our national booze, Aquavit, which is brewed on potates and dill. I mean, WTF?!

Also, our national dance is when you kick a hat of a stick... Jupp, totaly normal!

Vegard

Smash Lord
Have are you going to handle registration? A tournament of this scale would benefit from online payment/registration.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Have are you going to handle registration? A tournament of this scale would benefit from online payment/registration.
Yes, and that is excactly what's stated in the first post from day one.
However, there's a lot of things that needs to be done to make this work smoothly.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll most probably attend this. As I'm poor and cheap (a lethal combination, to be sure), are there any Norwegians living near the venue who can host me for the duration of the tournament (and possibly a few days before/after the tournament depending on what dates are the cheapest or just simply not expensive as Hell for me to travel to this)?

Also, looking for teammates. Preferrably of the Spacies, Marth and/or Sheik persuasion.

why isn't Rainbow Cruise banned, while Brinstar is?
Norwegian bias. It's the stage all Norwegians use as a counterpick.

sidefx

Smash Champion
Why ? Don't tell me you wanted to host Genesis 3 at this moment ?
well traditionally we've been hosting genesis on the 2nd week of july =\

i mean nothings confirmed or planned yet for g3, but in the case that we do end up planning for a 3rd one, it would most likely be taking the same time slot we have been using for the first and second ones =\

=\

sidefx

Smash Champion
well the reason we skipped one year was because we were really busy that summer and couldn't fit in hosting the tournament to the standards we wanted, so we waiting a year to do it.

BUT like i said im not even saying were going to host one next year, every other year might work as well due to the hype, so we'll see

im just thinking out loud here =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Now when you know the date of this event nearly one year in advance, I fail to see how it would be impossible to book the Genesis venue like one week after or something. I mean, hosting Genesis 3 on the exact same days as this tournament wouldn't benefit anyone.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Boback 2013 plz <3<3<3

Edit@ Tonberry: I don't think that's the point. If this is going to draw international attention [including players from the US], people generally aren't going to be able to manage going to both. Whether one would be bigger than the other is irrelevant as neither would be as big as they COULD be due to people having to choose between the two.

...that's my theory anyway >_>

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Interest list updated!

Edit@ Tonberry: I don't think that's the point. If this is going to draw international attention [including players from the US], people generally aren't going to be able to manage going to both. Whether one would be bigger than the other is irrelevant as neither would be as big as they COULD be due to people having to choose between the two.
That was exactly what I meant, and this is also why I kinda asked why they had to eventually book the venue at the exact same date when they know that this will happen at this date a year in advance. I really don't understand why it would be impossible to set another date for the event not to make it "crash" with this one.

mayhem_

Smash Cadet
Thought about it for a day and realized that I can't miss this tournament so I will attend no matter what!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Interest list updated!

That was exactly what I meant, and this is also why I kinda asked why they had to eventually book the venue at the exact same date when they know that this will happen at this date a year in advance. I really don't understand why it would be impossible to set another date for the event not to make it "crash" with this one.
even if they're a month separated, it'd still be an issue lol. people have to save up to fly to these things.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
even if they're a month separated, it'd still be an issue lol. people have to save up to fly to these things.
You got a good point, but for us Europeans it is very cheap to travel in the European continent. It only gets expensive when you are traveling to places like America etc. So on the economic side, it would be almost the same. However, I see the issue with the tournaments being "too close" for the other Americans. I think it's too bad if this stops us to finally have a professional American smash player visit what seems to become our biggest smash tournament ever.

Hopefully Genesis 3 will happen in 2013 in which case. Alternatively we will probably never get all the nations gathered in an European event, like I've always wanted. And I believe a lot of Europeans, including myself, would be very interested in attending a Genesis 3 tournament.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Yeah, that's more of what I meant, Strong Bad.

Maybe one day the US will have a relatively cheaper way to travel between states, but until then it's relatively expensive even for Americans...plus they have to take off from work and such.

But yeah, here's hoping that this all gets worked out...and that I win the lottery so I can make it to this, LOL

Top Bottom