• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed in Smashfield - MWC: East Championship! - Springfield, OH (June 20th)

lou4222

Smash Lord
Im MM anyone as well. This time I plan on doing it. Last time helping TO got in the way. But this time things will be more smooth and MM will def happen, especially against the EC and Utah

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Just do like me and leave that field blank for "I don't know." Which reminds me, omg someone teamz with meh. :( We could team too, Xero, but I'm sure lots of people will be looking for teammates once this gets a little closer and I'd prefer to team with someone I know a little more.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Maybe even a MM crew battle?
MM Crew Battle? Dayton Assemble!!!!!

You can add Fizzle to the attendance list. I might bring along my trusty Gcube/lunchbox because every Brawl tourney needs a melee corner hidden away in the back of it.

Oh ya, I probably have no teammate. If I feel like shelling out an extra $10, I will join the lost&found teammate club.

wangston

Smash Lord
what is the general consensus for using texture hacks, unlimited replays with tags saved and a few other codes like it these that don't alter the game play mechanics at this tournament?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Bad news. Tickets doubled in price since we checked a week or so ago. We're still going to try and make it, but we have to make sure we have a way to cover the extra cost before we can decide for sure. I'll know in the next day or so. :( :( :( :(

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
HAHA GOD KAIS ARE GOING TO **** THIS SO HARD....MAN...SO MANY APEX FACES ARE GOING TO BE HERE....it'll be even crazier if Mew2King Showed up....hmmmmm Maybe even Chudat....*waits for Chudat to see this post and Respond*.....

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Bad news. Tickets doubled in price since we checked a week or so ago. We're still going to try and make it, but we have to make sure we have a way to cover the extra cost before we can decide for sure. I'll know in the next day or so. :( :( :( :(
oh man bummer, i really hope you guys can make it out, ive always enjoyed meeting OoS people since i can never seem to go myself.

and since nope is gone out in Cleveland, im going to assume he wont be posting till tonight, but anyway, regarding texture hacks. im sure infinite replays and tags will be fine, the only problem i can see nope having is character and level / game altering textures. i personally know a few people that will not play on the station if there are texture hacks on and rather play on a "safe" set up.

but like i said, nope is gone for awhile, so these ideas could be wrong. we'll just have to wait and see....

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Wow I just found out about this tourney.. good thing it isn't too late :O I'll tell CRUNCH about this and we'll both more than likely be able to come, I know I can for sure.

Reg. MM with Moose cuz he can't get out of pools lol
I'll MM everybody at this event that isnt PA or NJ with Bowser, best of 5, no infinites or small stepping with DDD.
I accept both :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I really enjoyed the three-man commentary between Panda, myself, and Omni, listening to it again.

It was kind of like having an "expert" commentate. We've got Panda who's basically the commentary king, and he's bouncing back and forth between my discussion on MK and Omni's on ICs. With me playing a bit of ICs and Omni playing a bit of MK and Panda knowing both players, it seemed like a pretty enlightening discussion.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Y.b.M. is awesome at commentary on the livestream. He focuses completely on the people in the chat, much to their enjoyment. Now he just needs to RAP on the livestream. XD

If there's any oppurtunity what-so-ever, I'd love to give commentary a go. I'll accept any match, no matter small, and even if it's only a single round.

I vote for Moose for potential worst commentary evar. Unfortunately, you have to TALK to do commentary. Sorry Moose, ggs.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Y.b.M. is awesome at commentary on the livestream. He focuses completely on the people in the chat, much to their enjoyment. Now he just needs to RAP on the livestream. XD

If there's any oppurtunity what-so-ever, I'd love to give commentary a go. I'll accept any match, no matter small, and even if it's only a single round.

I vote for Moose for potential worst commentary evar. Unfortunately, you have to TALK to do commentary. Sorry Moose, ggs.
ybm focused a lot on me trashing talking him.....

Hence

Smash Ace
Omniswell brought up ideas, Overswarm told stories and related situations, and SP was the obvious commentator/voice of reason. 'Twas a good team - I've watched the finals of The Competition a few times. Gotta' say though, The Kiest and Y.b.M were crowd favorites. Excel was just annoying and really rather dumb imo.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Panda is the god of commentators. OS was awesome as well.

Lemme commentate on a couple, my commentary is hilarious. I keep close watch on the match describing while at hand while throwing in the most random facts you can think of. If you watch the videos from the finals of my BtL tourney my commentary was hilarious.

Me: "And Squirtle nails the edgeguard!"
Someone else: "That was like a wombo combo! Happy shell! Where you at!?"
Me: "Happy Shell, an armor equipment for Bowser in Super Mario RPG. Purchasable at Marrymore in the Marrymore Hotel at about halfway through the game."

"Ok here we have Teh_Spammerer vs MexiMadnez, Fox vs Squirtle. Squirtle is a water type pokemon first appearing in Pokemon Red and Blue versions as a starter pokemon. Gives 1 Defense EV for defeating it in later games, a rare occasion since it's impossible to find them in the wild. Fox McCloud, a shine type Pokemon first appearing in StarFox on the SNES. This game featured a 3d accelerator chip on the game cartridge itself, a new breakthrough in technology at the time. Also one of the larger SNES games with an 8MB cartridge. Oh and Squirtle takes the first fall to a Fox uSmash!

Hence

Smash Ace
Chibo seems to be a god of videogame trivia.

What EV's does Fox McCloud supply upon defeat? Teh_Spamerer's Fox knows Hidden Power: Grass btw, Squirtle was a terrible choice. :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo seems to be a god of videogame trivia.

What EV's does Fox McCloud supply upon defeat? Teh_Spamerer's Fox knows Hidden Power: Grass btw, Squirtle was a terrible choice. :(
Fox supplies 3 Attack EVs.

Too bad Mexi kind of destroyed Spammer and not the other way around lol.

Fox is physical based, his SAtk is very low making Hidden Power not a good choice. Natural Gift while holding a Liechi Berry would have worked much better, but (hold) items are banned in tourney play lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think we should have Cr4sh commentate on any matches with Luigi, and/or his own matches.
And tell him to talk really quietly until he lands a SHORYUKEN and tell the audience to turn their volume up.

imo.

*wonders where Blood_hawk is*

We gotta practice if we are to stand a chance >=( in singles and doubles!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I will be winning this tournament and/or finally beat Lain in a $1 MM...

Asdioh said:
*wonders where Blood_hawk is*

We gotta practice if we are to stand a chance >=( in singles and doubles!
Yeah, I haven't played in about 6-7 weeks (well, good people), so I'd like to join in this. I'm tired of beating up on my friends in this game.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Fox is physical based, his SAtk is very low making Hidden Power not a good choice. Natural Gift while holding a Liechi Berry would have worked much better, but (hold) items are banned in tourney play lol.
lol you've never played competitive pokemon, have you? :3 Hold items are allowed and essentially necessary to win.

Top Bottom