• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashed in Smashfield - MWC: East Championship! - Springfield, OH (June 20th)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
OUGA doesn't use money in Crew fights....

Unless it was a crew fight tournament.

You should play in singles at least FanFan, the tourne practice is always better than the friendly practice.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Psh, I'm teaming with Joshu for circuit.

I'm teaming with AZ for TYM, if we're both going ^_^

no infinites or small stepping with DDD.
Already admitting you need a boost? ;)

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
You should play in singles at least FanFan, the tourne practice is always better than the friendly practice.
I still don't think it'd be worth the money. Last tourney I was at, I lost all my pools matches. All I got out of those was that I can almost win on Norfair, and that's about it.
I could probably get more friendlies in if I'm not in the tourney, so that's good too. Tourney practice may be better but friendlies are free.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Hey wasup guys. This tourney is going to be GUUUHHHRRROOOSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I hope to see a lot of people there!

You guys know the deal too on how the tourney is ran. Be prepared for a marathon of games until you reach the elite level (usually top 16).

OS - I'll try to cheer for you this time around... As long as you play R.O.B :D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
(OS goes ROB)
(Crowd appears)
(OS counter-picks MK)
(Crowd vanishes)
(OS stays MK)
(Crowd reapperas with OUGA licensed Torches and Pitchforks)

Heh, actually this won't happen.
OUGA doesn't have licensed Torches OR pitchforks.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I hope that I can actually get some friendlies/ MM in this tourney. At C4 Galore it was impossible to play because of helping TO. Also guys as Nope said if you can bring setups. The more we have the more fun everyone will have. Im not too worries about it though because you all stepped up last time. <3 the midwest

What's The Point

Smash Master
I could probably get more friendlies in if I'm not in the tourney, so that's good too. Tourney practice may be better but friendlies are free.
Actually, during pools every TV will be used for tournament matches. During this time there are basically no friendlies, except after a pool or two ends, and till the bracket is started. Then early bracket everything will be used for tournament, but eventually people stop caring and play friendlies anyway (To many a TOs anger).

So there will be a good two hours of no friendlies, or games at all, if you aren't in the tournament.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Actually, during pools every TV will be used for tournament matches. During this time there are basically no friendlies, except after a pool or two ends, and till the bracket is started. Then early bracket everything will be used for tournament, but eventually people stop caring and play friendlies anyway (To many a TOs anger).

So there will be a good two hours of no friendlies, or games at all, if you aren't in the tournament.
Even when a pool or 2 ends, the slacking pools take over that station. This is how its ran best. Pretty much all the tv's are taken until sufficient people are knocked out of the tournament. I'm not saying that there won't be tv's open for a short period of time... But... Maybe one or two matches short period of time.

I tend to get a little pushy with people to play their pools and their tourney matches. During the tournament though, I do announce stations that become open. Based on the last tournament that I ran, C4 Galore, once the tournament started there were about six (roughly) stations open out of 28(ish). So depending on how strong the midwest is going to show (and if AZ doesn't drop his TV again) we should be good on friendlies once the tourney starts.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I think right now you're the only one repping huber. I'm likely to go but I'm not gonna be in the actual tourney. I don't have money to waste like that.
You'll still be there, just not repping in the tourney. And I won't be alone, I have a car full coming.

OH YA, I'm supposed to mention how many people I'm bringing, for Nope. Me, Yay, Yirby, and JWatt, I think. Others may come, but I'll have a carfull, for sure.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
You'll still be there, just not repping in the tourney. And I won't be alone, I have a car full coming.

OH YA, I'm supposed to mention how many people I'm bringing, for Nope. Me, Yay, Yirby, and JWatt, I think. Others may come, but I'll have a carfull, for sure.
Hey, make sure you have them preregister or just preregister them. The link is below in my sig and on the front page!

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yaz and I will be attending this tourney. We're coming all the way from Utah, so whoever is having transportation johns has no excuse. You all better be there :p

Also, I want to play as many people as I can when I'm out there, MMs if possible (so I know they're at least trying somewhat, LOL) but I'll do as many friendlies as I can too.

Anyone wanna MM? Vex? Chibo?

Also, I have a special request from X to MM all the sonic mains here to see how he compares. So if you're a sonic main you better MM me ;)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yaz and I will be attending this tourney. We're coming all the way from Utah, so whoever is having transportation johns has no excuse. You all better be there :p
this this this this this!

ook you cant bail on us =(

Also, ken!
We're definitely money matching at this ;D

Nope

Smash Lord
(OS goes ROB)

OUGA doesn't have licensed Torches OR pitchforks.
Sounds like you need to get working on that!

Also, I want to play as many people as I can when I'm out there, MMs if possible (so I know they're at least trying somewhat, LOL) but I'll do as many friendlies as I can too.

Also, I have a special request from X to MM all the sonic mains here to see how he compares. So if you're a sonic main you better MM me ;)
Ken Snake Dittos! and whoever else your bringing from Utah MM as well

Hence

Smash Ace
Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.
Dayum. :psycho:

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord

i wanna mm you! :o

wangston

Smash Lord
God Kais there are 3 of you. With Ken, Yaz, and me that will be 3 members of TWP. We have to crew battle!!!

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Do we have to prereg even if we're not gonna be in the tourney?
And is there any update on whether or not outside food is allowed?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
LOL it's on.

I also have recording equipment that I'll probably end up bringing. That way everyone can know who the best crew is ;)

Top Bottom