• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, and yoshi's getting that new yarn game soon too.

inb4 yarn based moves? =_=

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't expect a character reveal, be it veteran or newcomer, before the end of July.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't expect a character reveal, be it veteran or newcomer, before the end of July.
well, if there are ~40 characters, we have what, 10 revealed? That's 1 character a month at 30 months? And really, it's not going to take 30 months. but, counting out hidden characters, we have maybe, i don't know, 15 maybe, characters to be revealed? even a lower guess, 10, means if the game is like 15 months away, eventually, we're going to have to have at least one character a month. and if a month goes by without one, it just means the density of later reveals is going to be heavier.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Checking the daily pics thread in the general Wii U version boards, so far we had:
  • Mega Man and Mario on the Battlefield stage [Wii U]
  • Wii Fit Trainer on the Wii Fit stage [Wii U]
  • Samus on the boxing ring stage [Wii U]
  • Battlefield seen in its entirety [3DS]
  • Fox and Mario on the boxing ring stage [Wii U]
  • Pit on the Skyloft stage [Wii U]
  • Villager on the new Animal Crossing stage [Wii U]
I notice that Sakurai is giving the spotlight to every character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
well, if there are ~40 characters, we have what, 10 revealed? That's 1 character a month at 30 months? And really, it's not going to take 30 months. but, counting out hidden characters, we have maybe, i don't know, 15 maybe, characters to be revealed? even a lower guess, 10, means if the game is like 15 months away, eventually, we're going to have to have at least one character a month. and if a month goes by without one, it just means the density of later reveals is going to be heavier.
Character reveals will probably come in batches instead of one at a time like back in the Brawl days. I guess character reveals will come in the form of trailers, most likely shown at Nintendo Directs.

Like, they could show a trailer where Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Peach and Meta Knight are at least present, and then give the spotlight to Little Mac and Palutena as the newcomers. Just an example.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Now that I think about it, Little Mac has inadvertently been 90% confirmed because of the boxing ring stage. It's a boxing ring, so it really can't be anything other than a Punch-Out reference. And since people now expect Little Mac, the inclusion of the stage but not the character would be a very unwise troll move.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac is 90 percent likely not to be confirmed due to the Villager (who used Balloon Fighter balloons having another retro character's identity: boxing gloves).

_Ronan

Smash Rookie
Now that I think about it, Little Mac has inadvertently been 90% confirmed because of the boxing ring stage. It's a boxing ring, so it really can't be anything other than a Punch-Out reference. And since people now expect Little Mac, the inclusion of the stage but not the character would be a very unwise troll move.
I'm sorry, but if that was meant to be a Punch-Out!! boxing ring, it would look like a Punch-Out!! boxing ring. It's clearly just an original stage made for the game. There has been Animal Crossing, PictoChat and Electroplankton stages without fighters to go along with them. So even if it WAS a Punch-Out!! stage, it would in no way confirm Little Mac.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but if that was meant to be a Punch-Out!! boxing ring, it would look like a Punch-Out!! boxing ring. It's clearly just an original stage made for the game. There has been Animal Crossing, PictoChat and Electroplankton stages without fighters to go along with them. So even if it WAS a Punch-Out!! stage, it would in no way confirm Little Mac.

Excuse me, have you not seen the copious amount of evidence pointing to it being a Punch-Out! stage? Let me redirect you here so you can be properly informed: http://smashboards.com/threads/little-mac-w-v-b-a-champion-for-ssb4.324302/page-11#post-15593000

At this point, there's basically no doubt in anyone's mind that it's a Punch-Out! stage. The only doubt on anyone's mind is if Little Mac is going to accompany it as a playable character, and even that's basically seen as as-good-as-confirmed in most people's minds, including my own.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Excuse me, have you not seen the copious amount of evidence pointing to it being a Punch-Out! stage? Let me redirect you here so you can be properly informed: http://smashboards.com/threads/little-mac-w-v-b-a-champion-for-ssb4.324302/page-11#post-15593000

At this point, there's basically no doubt in anyone's mind that it's a Punch-Out! stage. The only doubt on anyone's mind is if Little Mac is going to accompany it as a playable character, and even that's basically seen as as-good-as-confirmed in most people's minds, including my own.

Well there has been stages in the past that a character was not included from that stage's game. Smashville is actually a perfect example of this. Villager wasn't in Melee, but there was an Animal Crossing stage. There still is a possible chance that he won't be a character in the game. The stage IS based of Punch Out! though, regardless of what people say, but he is not even close to 90% being confirmed.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Well there has been stages in the past that a character was not included from that stage's game. Smashville is actually a perfect example of this. Villager wasn't in Melee, but there was an Animal Crossing stage. There still is a possible chance that he won't be a character in the game. The stage IS based of Punch Out! though, regardless of what people say, but he is not even close to 90% being confirmed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai say shortly after/during Brawl's development that having an Animal Crossing character playable was out of the series' nature? Therefore, he might have given the series some support by adding Smashville to make up for the lack of a playable rep.

And here we are now with Villager in SSB4 despite Sakurai's previous input if I'm correct. Also, I recall Sakurai acknowledging Villager as a character fans been wanting for some time. in quote from his Director's Direct: "at last, the long-awaited Villager from Animal Crossing.". I'm not one to always jump into conclusion, but it wouldn't be hard to believe that Sakurai is aware that giving the series its own stage without a playable might have given the series an extra push for demands for a playable character. I doubt Sakurai would like to pull the same trick twice, especially with a character like Little Mac who is pretty much an obvious fighter and a popular choice in the states.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Sakurai say shortly after/during Brawl's development that having an Animal Crossing character playable was out of the series' nature? Therefore, he might have given the series some support by adding Smashville to make up for the lack of a playable rep.

And here we are now with Villager in SSB4 despite Sakurai's previous input if I'm correct. Also, I recall Sakurai acknowledging Villager as a character fans been wanting for some time. in quote from his Director's Direct: "at last, the long-awaited Villager from Animal Crossing.". I'm not one to always jump into conclusion, but it wouldn't be hard to believe that Sakurai is aware that giving the series its own stage without a playable might have given the series an extra push for demands for a playable character. I doubt Sakurai would like to pull the same trick twice, especially with a character like Little Mac who is pretty much an obvious fighter and a popular choice in the states.

There is a CRAP ton of proof that he might be in. There is still that chance that he might not be in. That's all I was saying. Until an official statement saying that he is confirmed will mean that he is 100% in.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I feel the same way as well. Even went through the trouble of comparing this ring to the one in Punch Out Wii, which I'm sure many have done by now. Too much proof that he might be in as you have stated. Here's hoping he is confirmed sooner than later to end the obvious speculation. lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
Thank you for this hope. I just wanted to let you know that you are the reason I made an account. Little Mac would just simply be amazing. He is probably one of the only characters I even care about. My demands for SSB are simple. I want Wolf (Fox's nemesis) to return. I want Little Mac. I don't want them to include that hideous Mewtwo form. Simple.

Anyways thanks for pointing that out. I wouldn't have realized it was a Punch Out stage if I didn't read your comment.

On Topic: I am pretty surprised we haven't gotten an update. Apparently there was also a rumor that the Smash Website wasn't going to be updated as frequently. That is a little disappointing. I thought that was half the fun when I was waiting on Brawl.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I might be wrong, but I think there was a time during the Dojo's existance where characters were revealed every 2 week. But then again, there was also a time when we didnt get a confirmed character for months and it eventually confirmed Olimar.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So I've just checked the ssb4 site and saw the new pic. Yeah, I still think Toon Link is de-confirmed.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
im hoping we dont know every little detail about the game this time around...
there was nothing secret or suprising about a suprising secret character...

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Just because it showed a Smash Bros. logo in the middle of it does not make it a generic stage. Why would a boxing ring in a Smash game be anything other than a Punch-Out reference? It's a freaking boxing ring.

And I'll give you that Electroplankton and PictoChat didn't get characters with them (which is why I said 90% and not 100%), but it wouldn't make any sense at all for them to have given characters to either one. Little Mac is wildly popular and Punch-Out is a big part of Nintendo.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
There's always a chance the new boxing ring stage is the new Final Destination. Which is highly unlikely, but hey you never know. Or it could be Dedede's ring.

I'm hoping it is Little Mac's stage. Maybe not solely his but the stage he'll be revealed on.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
im hoping we dont know every little detail about the game this time around...
there was nothing secret or suprising about a suprising secret character...
It's the internet. SSB4 will be the same way (unsurprising when you get the game) so as long as you keep up with the news.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's always a chance the new boxing ring stage is the new Final Destination. Which is highly unlikely, but hey you never know. Or it could be Dedede's ring.

I'm hoping it is Little Mac's stage. Maybe not solely his but the stage he'll be revealed on.
It's definitely not Dedede's ring. It lacks the Kirby motif and has human people cheering instead of Dream Land inhabitants.

I highly doubt it's Final Destination, since it has walk-off KO zones, something that Final Destination doesn't have.

It's either a generic, original boxing ring or a Punch-Out!! stage. I think it's the latter and there are several elements on the stage that resemble boxing rings from the Wii Punch-Out!! title.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered that the very first Mii game (the one that came with the Wii console) had a boxing mini-game. I hope the same ring we see in these pics is for Little Mac and not a playable Mii despite the obvious evidence.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Shouldn't the new picture be up right now???
If it is. I think we have a new character!
K.Rool is my guess, what's yours?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot XD
It's Saturday

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does the new (and first) 3DS image of Villager look like a WiiU image? There's no outline around him and the background is crystal clear.

Top Bottom