• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Boxing gloves? I'm really lost. Where and when was there boxing gloves shown? Not disagreeing with you, just never saw that.
There's an image of Villager wearing boxing gloves. It's on the site. I assume they're a power enhancing item.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Ah that's right. I do remember that now.

I think that actually might be one of his attacks though. Could be his F-Tilt for all we know. I don't think those were an item...it could very well be though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So... what's the point? Is the site gonna have any big updates soon? I feel like Little Mac is a given, and in a small question: what is that thing at the end of Mega Man's trailer?

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
So... what's the point? Is the site gonna have any big updates soon? I feel like Little Mac is a given, and in a small question: what is that thing at the end of Mega Man's trailer?

Yellow Devil? He is a boss in the MegaMan series.

Could be a stage hazard, could be something with the new adventure mode. No idea.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Does anybody here hate that mario has F.L.U.D.D. is SSB4??? Besides me?

Not really. It was a really great ability. I had trouble with my friend's Mario with Meta Knight.....surprisingly. He would gimp me so hard with that. I would Up + b and just FLUD me off.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

Yellow Devil? He is a boss in the MegaMan series.

Could be a stage hazard, could be something with the new adventure mode. No idea.
From what Sakurai has revealed about the story mode in this game it's sounding like each character will have his or her own (or its own for the Pokemon lol) story mode. Which would mean more game time, but on the other hand, when fighting games do that it usually lowers the quality of the story(ies). However, I really trust Sakurai, and I'll probably be happy with almost anything he does. haha

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody here hate that mario has F.L.U.D.D. is SSB4??? Besides me?
There's alot of things they can do to make it a useful move and alot of factors that come into play. Just because it wasn't great in Brawl doesn't mean the same is true in SSB4. Though if it is the same as brawl than it is a bit disappointing. They could get really crazy with F.L.U.D.D and use all the modes it had like the rocket mode or hover mode. Too bad that won't happen.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
There's alot of things they can do to make it a useful move and alot of factors that come into play. Just because it wasn't great in Brawl doesn't mean the same is true in SSB4. Though if it is the same as brawl than it is a bit disappointing. They could get really crazy with F.L.U.D.D and use all the modes it had like the rocket mode or hover mode. Too bad that won't happen.

That would be a great idea for his recover special/up special. The rocket or hover mode would be cool.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well at least there's more variety coming in the photos. I just hope Bowser and DK get their show in later photos.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
First off, I totally agree, I'm waiting for a DK pic. Second, is it just me or do the graphics seem to be really improved in this picture over the the previous ones?
That's development for you. Things and textures seem to look better over the course. Now imagine how amazing the final product would be compared to what we have now.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
That's development for you. Things and textures seem to look better over the course. Now imagine how amazing the final product would be compared to what we have now.

Exactly! haha I'm pumped. And, although at first I hated the screenshot updates, I really enjoy them now. We are seeing changes, even if it's not Little Mac or Paper Mario (please, Nintendo).

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace

AND NO SATURATION...

God I'm so glad people have deiced to ditch that method of graphics, all you'd even see was brown and grey...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
AND NO SATURATION...

God I'm so glad people have deiced to ditch that method of graphics, all you'd even see was brown and grey...
Actually, you mean no insaturation. Bright colors are saturated colors, while browns and greys are insaturated colors.

By saying no saturation, you're saying brownish and grayish colors and therefore, saying contradicting statements.

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice

actually all these pictures where made before the official reveal trailer...

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
actually all these pictures where made before the official reveal trailer...

He said pretty clearly he plays every day and will be uploading pictures in the Developer Direct video. But either way, I'm sure he's uploading them in order so we'd still see improvement and such even if it's not in real time.

On a side note, if you look at the picture of Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash, in the top right corner there's a red silhouette that totally looks like a zombie. XD

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
On a side note, if you look at the picture of Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash, in the top right corner there's a red silhouette that totally looks like a zombie. XD
Haha yeah, you're kinda right:

but to be quite honest, I remember doing that pose on the Wii Fit <_<;

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah, you're kinda right:

but to be quite honest, I remember doing that pose on the Wii Fit <_<;
Yeah, I think I do, too. But it's still sort of funny, I also just noticed she's doing the "Warrior Pose" during this, which makes me very happy.^^

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Here's to a character update for July!! At least in the first week. Or at least a stage that reveals something, like a game specific Pokemon stage that gives us some sort of idea of what new pocket monster will show their face.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could see something new being revealed this month, but my guess is it'll be a stage at most. If it had to be a character though, it'd probably be Yoshi.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I could see something new being revealed this month, but my guess is it'll be a stage at most. If it had to be a character though, it'd probably be Yoshi.

Yeah, it might be Yoshi. But I sort of have a theory on why, instead of revealing Yoshi, they revealed Pit and Bowser, neither of which were starter characters. Now it could have been merely the fact Sakurai wanted to show the differences in Bowser, or because he feels Pit has become a mainstream Nintendo icon again. But in an interview with Sakurai about which of the WiiU or 3DS versions would come first, Sakurai said that he wasn't sure, but offered the information that 'characters that incorporate more than one fighter are proving difficult for the 3DS'. See he said characters, making it sound as if there is more than one Ice Climber-esque character this time around. While the chances are really slim, what if they added a baby (Baby Mario, Baby Peach, etc.) to Yoshi's back? Just a thought I had, and either way, it sounds like there's a lot to look forward to.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it might be Yoshi. But I sort of have a theory on why, instead of revealing Yoshi, they revealed Pit and Bowser, neither of which were starter characters. Now it could have been merely the fact Sakurai wanted to show the differences in Bowser, or because he feels Pit has become a mainstream Nintendo icon again. But in an interview with Sakurai about which of the WiiU or 3DS versions would come first, Sakurai said that he wasn't sure, but offered the information that 'characters that incorporate more than one fighter are proving difficult for the 3DS'. See he said characters, making it sound as if there is more than one Ice Climber-esque character this time around. While the chances are really slim, what if they added a baby (Baby Mario, Baby Peach, etc.) to Yoshi's back? Just a thought I had, and either way, it sounds like there's a lot to look forward to.
He probably chose Bowser and Pit because he wanted one Melee vet and one Brawl vet along with the original characters, and I guess he figured they were more important to show than Yoshi. I very much doubt he would add a baby to Yoshi, especially at this point. For what, Yoshi's New Island? Especially if it was causing technical problems (which would mean the baby is also its own character - or at least its own file). What would it actually contribute though? Floating in a bubble and making an annoying sound every time Yoshi got hit? :smirk::troll:

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
He probably chose Bowser and Pit because he wanted one Melee vet and one Brawl vet along with the original characters, and I guess he figured they were more important to show than Yoshi. I very much doubt he would add a baby to Yoshi, especially at this point. For what, Yoshi's New Island? Especially if it was causing technical problems (which would mean the baby is also its own character - or at least its own file). What would it actually contribute though? Floating in a bubble and making an annoying sound every time Yoshi got hit? :smirk::troll:

hahaha Actually, the bubble thing would be a good up special. XD haha Probably not.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I can't imagine how annoying it would be to hear that baby crying whenever its knocked away from yoshi.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I hate have many different alterations of a single character.

Also....I HIGHLY doubt they would promote beating the crap out of children...this is Nintendo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You wouldn't hit the children. Any time Yoshi is hit, the baby flies away in the bubble (off the top blast zone).

It could work, but I think it would be super annoying to deal with.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Ehhhhhhhhhh...I'm all for coming up with new ideas, but I think this is just too abstract and does not fit the theme of the game.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Ehhhhhhhhhh...I'm all for coming up with new ideas, but I think this is just too abstract and does not fit the theme of the game.

I have to say, if they do have anyone/thing riding anything, I've wanted Wolf Link (with Midna) since before Brawl.

Top Bottom