• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
punch-out_wii_donkey_kong.jpg
Oh, and to further the argument that the boxing ring is in fact a Punch Out!! stage, check out the similarities between the Smash Bros. images and the this (specifically the color scheme). The ring you fought Donkey Kong in, in the actual Punch Out!! game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So we're just getting single screenshots that really don't seem to give us anything new? This is nothing like Brawl's dojo. =(

I was thinking he might give us a veteran character by now...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So we're just getting single screenshots that really don't seem to give us anything new? This is nothing like Brawl's dojo. =(

I was thinking he might give us a veteran character by now...
It's only been like, 2 weeks. I'm sure info will drop on the site. Just at Sakurai's leisure. Don't worry, Sakurai isn't known to troll.

wait...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's only been like, 2 weeks. I'm sure info will drop on the site. Just at Sakurai's leisure. Don't worry, Sakurai isn't known to troll.

wait...
Well, okay, maybe a veteran character could be stretching it, but how about anything new at all... We haven't even gotten that.

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Well, okay, maybe a veteran character could be stretching it, but how about anything new at all... We haven't even gotten that.
We'll get something new eventually. I don't know why they would announce that they opening the site without planning to reveal new info eventually. There would also be no point in updating images 5 days a week. Patience my friend. :)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
It is starting to get really depressing. Soon I'll just avoid the site altogether because of how useless it is currently. It seems like he is just taking small still photos of things that already have been shown in the trailer. I do not mind if these images showed a freaking Fan item...at least show something that we haven't seen yet. Show the moveset for each of the characters...anything besides stuff we already seen.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
It is starting to get really depressing. Soon I'll just avoid the site altogether because of how useless it is currently. It seems like he is just taking small still photos of things that already have been shown in the trailer. I do not mind if these images showed a freaking Fan item...at least show something that we haven't seen yet. Show the moveset for each of the characters...anything besides stuff we already seen.
Well, check the individual character pages too. Those images update every so often too. Like a few days ago there was a new screen of Pikachu laying under a Animal Crossing tree. That alone shows us something about their move sets: Villager can plant a tree and come back later to chop it down. That would give him some serious technique.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Well, check the individual character pages too. Those images update every so often too. Like a few days ago there was a new screen of Pikachu laying under a Animal Crossing tree. That alone shows us something about their move sets: Villager can plant a tree and come back later to chop it down. That would give him some serious technique.

Yea, but we already knew about that existing from the trailers. As for the Pikachu laying under a tree, that image was there since day one. I've always seen it there. =/

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Yea, but we already knew about that existing from the trailers. As for the Pikachu laying under a tree, that image was there since day one. I've always seen it there. =/
Really? I must not have seen it. But they do change from time to time. I think Yoshi, Little Mac, or Mewtwo (or some other veteran Pokemon) will be the next big release. I don't think items will have official reveals this time around.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Really? I must not have seen it. But they do change from time to time. I think Yoshi, Little Mac, or Mewtwo (or some other veteran Pokemon) will be the next big release. I don't think items will have official reveals this time around.

From what I've seen, every character on that page has 10 photos that stay the same. The new photos that are being shown do not update with the character pages (for some weird reason).

I think you might be right about them not showing items this time around. I just don't know if I should try to be excited anymore when looking at the site. I did like it better when they would reveal something new every day, rather than screenshots of characters on the same levels we've already seen.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Well, in a few hours (except EST), it will mark 2 weeks since the SSB4 trailer had been released. I wonder if Sakurai is aware that fans are getting tired of stopping by the website just to see pointless screen shots.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Well, in a few hours (except EST), it will mark 2 weeks since the SSB4 trailer had been released. I wonder if Sakurai is aware that fans are getting tired of stopping by the website just to see pointless screen shots.

Heck yeah for the Duck Hunt Dog. At least as an assist trophy. haha

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen, every character on that page has 10 photos that stay the same. The new photos that are being shown do not update with the character pages (for some weird reason).

I think you might be right about them not showing items this time around. I just don't know if I should try to be excited anymore when looking at the site. I did like it better when they would reveal something new every day, rather than screenshots of characters on the same levels we've already seen.

I really don't want to be excited, but I'm too die hard about the series to keep myself from checking the site several times a day. But I don't suspect any major updates until maybe July, a month after the initial reveal.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
As much as it pains me to say, I prefer this little picture updates instead of going full Dojo.
I loved every inch of the Dojo and it was the reason I woke up early every morning, but it revealed way too much.
Until the game releases, I'd prefer slower picture updates and a few more veteran fighters and 1 more newcomer.
I don't want to get spoiled again.

Although the Dojo is an incredible idea, I think they should incorporate a newer version in the game. You can bring it up on the gamepad whenever you want, and only once you unlock new characters/items/stages/etc. they become available to read on the new Dojo so you do not get spoiled.

I love reading the comments and hints about the characters for the Brawl Dojo and I really wish they continue with that, but just after the game releases so it doesn't create an insane amount of hype that no game can live up to.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
As much as it pains me to say, I prefer this little picture updates instead of going full Dojo.
I loved every inch of the Dojo and it was the reason I woke up early every morning, but it revealed way too much.
Until the game releases, I'd prefer slower picture updates and a few more veteran fighters and 1 more newcomer.
I don't want to get spoiled again.

Although the Dojo is an incredible idea, I think they should incorporate a newer version in the game. You can bring it up on the gamepad whenever you want, and only once you unlock new characters/items/stages/etc. they become available to read on the new Dojo so you do not get spoiled.

I love reading the comments and hints about the characters for the Brawl Dojo and I really wish they continue with that, but just after the game releases so it doesn't create an insane amount of hype that no game can live up to.

Eh....the things it did reveal were optional to look at. There was a "?" mark as the icon for the character. It was your own fault for looking at it.....

There was a double block for you. One, you didn't have to look at the site. Two, even if you did, you didn't have the view the character.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Eh....the things it did reveal were optional to look at. There was a "?" mark as the icon for the character. It was your own fault for looking at it.....

There was a double block for you. One, you didn't have to look at the site. Two, even if you did, you didn't have the view the character.

100% sure no one had enough self control to not look at every single update.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Regarding third-party characters, I'd just like to say that if Namco Bandai does get represented (as I'm sure it will, even though Sakurai has tried to turn eyes and ears away from that), I have serious doubts Pac-Man will be Sakurai's choice. First, Pac-Man really hasn't been very Nintendo friendly since Game Cube, besides games no one paid attention to like Pac-Man party and the collection pack(s). Second, his move set would be real difficult for Sakurai ( wait, I have an idea! He eats his opponents!). Don't get me wrong, I would love if they worked Pac-Man in, but I'm putting my cards on the table for...

Dig Dug. He's Nintendo generation, just like Metroid and Mega Man, and he has been featured on the Wii Shop Channel, and more recently on the 3DS Marketplace. I don't know how much easier he would be to design than Pac-Man, but Sakurai loves to surprise, and not many would see Dig Dug coming. It's just my opinion, but I do love Dig Dug and hope he might make the cut - plus he'd fit right in!

He might even be an Assist Trophy?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sure we'll get new characters like Little Mac in their own individual trailers through Nintendo Directs or something leading up to next year.

However, I expect Veteran characters to be revealed through screenshots and then put up on the "Dojo". He said he's not giving as much info this time, but I totally expect characters to be shown at least semi-frquently. Maybe every couple of weeks or once a month. I expect a new character every 1 or 2 months, but yeah only through Directs.

It's a great way to build hype for Directs, and the difference between now and last time is Nintendo relies alot more on online hype building. If Nintendo basically established revealing a new character every Direct, that'd be an amazing way to get views for them, etc. etc. And alot of fun.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Sakurai said:
Sakurai: This time, we will not share as much information as [for Brawl]. You will have information about the characters through the official site, with pictures, but we do not always have very detailed information, as in the past.
^ Looks like screenshots is all we're getting regularly.
However he says we will not ALWAYS have detailed information. That might mean on rare occasions new info will be revealed on the site with DOJO style detail.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^ Looks like screenshots is all we're getting regularly.
However he says we will not ALWAYS have detailed information. That might mean on rare occasions new info will be revealed on the site with DOJO style detail.

Yeah, sort of a shame. I really enjoyed the Dojo. But being totally serious, anyone who is disappointed in not having a dojo needs to realize how much work this man does already, and how much work doing that actually was. He doesn't need to do that, and did it anyway for a game as extensive as Brawl.

I still think regular photo updates, with a character reveal via Nintendo Direct occasionally is a fantastic way to do it. He can even just reveal vets with photos; it's basically all he did to reveal Fox in the first place.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
On the newest picture, look to the righthand side of the screen, there's an outline of something...Maybe a pikmin? it looks purple.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
On the newest picture, look to the righthand side of the screen, there's an outline of something...Maybe a pikmin? it looks purple.
or it can be the shadow and outline of one of the small polls that are suspending that single-chained barrier

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Yeah, sort of a shame. I really enjoyed the Dojo. But being totally serious, anyone who is disappointed in not having a dojo needs to realize how much work this man does already, and how much work doing that actually was. He doesn't need to do that, and did it anyway for a game as extensive as Brawl.

I still think regular photo updates, with a character reveal via Nintendo Direct occasionally is a fantastic way to do it. He can even just reveal vets with photos; it's basically all he did to reveal Fox in the first place.
I have a crazy theory. What if Sakurai were reveal a character with the remaining 6 months we have left for this year to fill up the 6 blank character slots on the website? I know it's not guaranteed but it's just a coincidence that I noticed.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Actually, I kind of like that the updates we're getting right now are rather menial. It keeps too much from being revealed too soon, leaves more breathing room for speculation on bigger things, and could potentially be a buildup. Like, in this stage we have still pictures, but after a while we get news on features, then character updates.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I agree with Mr. Showtime here.

smashbros.com probably has a s*** load of hits though. Imagine all of the people checking that site AT LEAST once a day. For those who say they will stop going to the site, you're just lying to yourself.

Sakurai is a troll. Especially after DOJO revealing SOMETHING new each weekday. I forgot when it initially started, but it was awesome.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I also think that Little mac might be confirmed now also because think back to Sakurai's post that he made a while ago. He said something about "More Classic characters" to smash or something. I believe it was posted right after they got done with Kid Icarus Uprising. And also not to mention the ring and the boxing gloves are sort of a dead give away.

I really do hope they make him a character because even though he was an awesome Assist Trophy I would of rather had majority of those Trophies be characters.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to point out that everyone is saying that Sakurai has said the characters will be the same in both the 3DS version and the WiiU, but that's incorrect. He said thenumber of characters would be the same, he never said, anywhere I can find, that the characters will be mirrored. Food for thought, and if you look, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager still have no 3DS pictures (although I'm sure at least Villager will be on 3DS, and the Trainer if Sakurai misspoke and meant the characters themselves will be the same).

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
We shall see...

Anyways, today's new smashbros.com homepage picture is up!

and yes, nothing else is new :p

...except for Fox's Up Smash being a bit more vibrant and colorful :colorful: :surprised: :pimp: :awesome: :demon: :crazy:

Cracker1204

Smash Apprentice
I can conclude 2 things from this picture.

Pikachu has a new spotdodge/landing animation/move,

also fox is now able to use down smash up side down and shoot rainbows out of his ass.

[Legend]

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm thinking Mac is in, just gotta play the waiting game

Unless they're suddenly super proud of that stage where you fight King Dedede in Kirbys Dreamland or whichever one that was

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I also think that Little mac might be confirmed now also because think back to Sakurai's post that he made a while ago. He said something about "More Classic characters" to smash or something. I believe it was posted right after they got done with Kid Icarus Uprising. And also not to mention the ring and the boxing gloves are sort of a dead give away.

I really do hope they make him a character because even though he was an awesome Assist Trophy I would of rather had majority of those Trophies be characters.

Boxing gloves? I'm really lost. Where and when was there boxing gloves shown? Not disagreeing with you, just never saw that.

Top Bottom