• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
For those of you wondering why the new site looks so... Unorganized, I just found out it's because the whole thing is mobile friendly. I loaded the site on my phone just now, and all of the icons lined up and made perfect sense and acted as large, colorful, touch-friendly buttons, with that scrolling news bar running surprisingly well at the top. The newest character is the first one you see when you load the page, and each character page has their screenshots in a scrollable bar on the bottom. The whole thing runs smooth as butter, even the language selection.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder if Sakurai will tease/announce new characters through these screen shots and update the the Dojo as they are revealed.
I do expect us to get new newcomers/veterans revealed by TGS or a Nintendo Direct.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I'm sure from here on out, we'll be something new that will be placed in this game. By "new", I mean it could range from previous items, previous stages, previous characters, and maybe some new ones as well.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I hope your right.

That said this game seems to be farther in development then brawl was at this point in time.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Watch us start getting stuff like zoomed in body parts of new characters

Steelia

Smash Champion
I wonder if Sakurai will tease/announce new characters through these screen shots and update the the Dojo as they are revealed.
I do expect us to get new newcomers/veterans revealed by TGS or a Nintendo Direct.
Makes me wonder if we'll be having CG-reveal videos for all newcomers, now that the team isn't focusing on making an SSE-esque 1-P campaign. I'd be down for that. Reveals through Nintendo Direct or such would be great, too.

But as noted, certainly keeping a close eye on the pictures Sakurai posts up as the daily snapshots...

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I believe that it was in the developer direct video that Sakurai said that "The character page of the website is open". So, there's pretty much guarantee that a stage page, item page, etc are ahead of us!

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
There's a new daily image off the 3DS. It looks similar to the stage previewed in the trailer, but with a different background.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
He should send our way a 3D trailer or at least screens. 2D videos of 3DS games do it no justice and 3D images are sharable via the browser and eShop.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't want to sound like a spoiled toddler but.... I think I'd rather just have nothing at all for a while rather than these screenshots.
Very unexciting and gives you false hope.

Get on with the real updates Masahiro!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I too want to see cooler updates, but I guess looking at the interesting stage textures that the 3ds could handle is nice. I still prefer characters though.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I'm very spoiled and thus am disappointed with those pics. At least show us something like an old item :(

bobadz

Smash Ace
Were you guys around during the pre brawl days? Because this is just history repeating.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Were you guys around during the pre brawl days? Because this is just history repeating.
No it's not. The site updates pre-Brawl were immensely satisfying. Even if it was just an item update or a characters special move described. It gave you detailed descriptions and was quite interesting.

peeup

Smash Lord
Tomorrow will be Mewtwo.

Betting my life savings on it right now.

Guys my dad works for Nintendo I know these things.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Obviously they'll be releasing small things that we all know what they are.
So I'm guessing some of the first pictures will have the constant stages, FD, Battlefield(seen & probably Wii U version tomorrow)And Smashville(or other animal crossing village)Items will be common also, and possibly blacked out images of characters every other weekend/every month

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow will be Mewtwo.

(Yes I know this is a troll comment)
Okay, what branch does he work for?

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Tomorrow will be Mewtwo.

I hope you're right just as much as the next guy, but if not prepare to pay up. :laugh:

bobadz

Smash Ace
Sakurai has never shown us unlockables before the game launches. The only exceptions are third parties.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
During the development of Sakurai's last Smash Bros. game, 2008's Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, this is the type of insight we'd hear from the designer through the Super Smash Bros. Dojo website. Sakurai said we should expect to hear less from him during the development of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. The developer promises "daily visual updates" from his desk will be posted to Miiverse and on the game's official website.

"I'm not going to talk as much," he said.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/17/44...director-masahiro-sakurai-character-selection
:/

Top Bottom