• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashbound Presents: STARFURRY2007. Thanks to all who came out!

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Once there are too many Sheik, we get Foxes. Once the Foxes become a problem, we get Falcos. But one problem remains, Peaches. To be honest, I think I'm surprised beyond belief that a Falcon player has not won a tournament yet, but that could be for the lack of a REALLY good Falcon.

lulz.
Ouch, maybe because everyone above falcon gives him a real hard time?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Marth ftw man. Sailor Moon is too old school, you gotta keep up with the times: Leg-warmers, Big shoes, gloves. Marth has it all.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Ouch, maybe because everyone above falcon gives him a real hard time?
<333 Ken.

No disrespect, but from Sheik to Peach it's just about even. Which happens to be 85% of the scene. And with the larger majority of that being Marth players (probably Falcon's favorite matchup of the High tiers) there should be a high placed Falcon, but then again I guess this is sorta why DB and IB are doing well in doubles and why you placed well in the biweekly a couple of weeks back.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
wth.

Just because I think spammy Marth/Sheik n00bs suck, doesn't mean I think all of them do.

IBs Marth is good, so is Mike's. I know it takes a knowledge of match-ups, ability to space...and obviously some tech skill to play him. I respect that. Just not the n00b mindset. "Oh I win with Marth automatically".

Grmo: You should see me post in the fox thread talking about SW. I know tech skill doesn't equal best in the world. Tech skill means nothing to alot of pro-smashers. I never said it was absolutely necessary.

You can miss lcancels or not shdl and still win matches.

When it comes to Sheik: Really good Sheiks do have alot of skill, and I'll respect that. I'll also respect you if you're a Sheik that ACTUALLY PRACTICES (DESH).

Needle-camping, non-practicing, tilt-spammy ones though; thats a different story.
Speaking of SW, I can do the SW taunt now kinda. The one when he like, repeated turning waveshines.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The ****ing Montrealers are coming.... we have more to worry about then technicalities like one IC in low tier...... We have to worry about the fact that we're doomed.

D

Deleted member

predictions - i will beat bam

vwins first

jarc will get ****ed up by our top 5

bam 2nd

noah will go toe to toe with pkm

ahhh ^_^ i love the quebec trash talk!

Desh.

Smash Lord
or a new comer could do it. ya never know...-cough cough- def not me -cough cough-

edit: also just wondering..is there even gonna be like..a small melee community when brawl comes out...or is everyone gonna move on from melee to brawl....like i have a feeling brawls gonna be like ...woosh... and take over...and every1 will be noobs again..

i for one really hope the melee commmunity stays big...like...i dont want brawl to fail but like..yea i think u know what i mean :p

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Brawls control scheme and gameplay looks like melee. IF you're good in melee and have tech skill + mindgames, chances are you'll be good in brawl. Skill i believe will definetly transferfrom melee to brawl.

Regardless, Brawl isn't shaping up to be much of a competitive game. Melee will still be around for sure.

Desh.

Smash Lord
^^^ le sell out =[ lol j/k

edit: that was @ dragon hawk lmfao and bernard ty for reassuring my wii less self =D

MELEE FTW

edit edit: and also cuz of wifi...i dont think many people would come out to tournies if u can have them online w.e u want >.> ...wifi i thinks gonna kill the tourny part of smashbros ..lol picture wifi mlg matches...cameras in the finalists bedrooms...LOL..kreepyy...

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I might not do Brawl competitively. If Brawl sucks I won't play. This new gimmicky crap we're getting doesn't encourage me. Ergo I'm not waiting with baited breath.

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Im accepting money matches for this tournament from everyone who is not better than me

alphameric, money match?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I think brawl will be great..... We're only getting to see the gimmicky crap.... I think below it still we'll have a competitevly rich game for us to play.

I mean think about it guys..... if they had done 'melee' updates before melee came out.... all we'd have seen was gimmicky **** like Rainbow cruise, brinstar depths, Mewtwo.... etc.

Desh.

Smash Lord
I think brawl will be great..... We're only getting to see the gimmicky crap.... I think below it still we'll have a competitevly rich game for us to play.

I mean think about it guys..... if they had done 'melee' updates before melee came out.... all we'd have seen was gimmicky **** like Rainbow cruise, brinstar depths, Mewtwo.... etc.
there were updates on melee but not on official sites..u had to google it back then lol...and i agree if it had been posted officially ur right.
but i still strongly believe that the wifi will take away from people going to tournies.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Dragon_Hawk said:
I'm not waiting with baited breath.
Its actually BATED breath. I read up on it today...

bated isn't used in modern dialogue; it was first used by Shakespeare actually. It is derived from the word 'abate'. Its been mis-spelled so often most believe 'baited' is the correct spelling.

go figure :/

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I hope the pools are going to be seeded. Sign me up for low tiers and teams as well, if jarc doesn't show up, i'll pick a lvl 9 or whatever.

Top Bottom