• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
So you're denying that Lythium is a cool person?

Edit: OH SHI-

Do Premium Memberships end the very second they were bought? If I bought mine 4PM on August 12th 2009, will it end 4PM on August 12th 2010?
No you twit. You said keep being active for a long time and I said or be Lythium since she joined in '09. Of course Lythium is a cool person.

flaco

The Terminator
what would happened if you bought a 12 month membership and somebody hacks your account and you get banned would u get you refund back?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
what would happened if you bought a 12 month membership and somebody hacks your account and you get banned would u get you refund back?
As is usual with hacked accounts, we'd just try and get them their accounts back.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Nooby question, How do I check how much Premium I have left?

I go to User CP and then Premium but it just asks me to buy more premium lol.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It doesn't work for the people Frown bought premium for.

Are there any plans to make new skins for SWF? I'm honestly a bit tired of just Revolution, Smash Blue, and Classic Blue.
Yeah uh, the icons and stuff have to be uploaded by someone at mlg.. :\

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Suggestion: There should be a "Potential Findings" thread or something of that nature in the GBD or Tactical Boards

Yeah, there's a list of ATs and glitches but who honestly would read through that whole before posting a new thread? This way, there would be less pointless threads cluttering up the board, and maybe attempt to make it less of the spam infested hellhole that it has a reputation for being.

Frown

poekmon

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Suggestion for the site.

Ever since Brawl came out, SWF replaced all the characters' icons who made it into Brawl with Brawl icons, pretty much removing the Melee character icons except for those who didn't make it in.

So I have a suggestion.

Bring the melee icons back and add 64 icons, and allow those to be selectable from the character selection list.

It's nothing real big, but just a nice added touch for anyone with personal preferences.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Suggestion for the site.

Ever since Brawl came out, SWF replaced all the characters' icons who made it into Brawl with Brawl icons, pretty much removing the Melee character icons except for those who didn't make it in.

So I have a suggestion.

Bring the melee icons back and add 64 icons, and allow those to be selectable from the character selection list.

It's nothing real big, but just a nice added touch for anyone with personal preferences.
you should take the survey and add this to the end of it

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
iirc the icons have to go through MLG, which take for ****in ever

vB UPGRADE GO GO GO

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Suggestion for the site.

So I have a suggestion.

Two problems with Melee icons: one is that we can't upload them to the server because MLG tech hasn't given us access to (and no, asking them to do it for us won't work, sadly). Two is that I don't have the Melee stock icons (the ones we do have someone sent, but they aren't directly from the game and the quality is meh), which we'd obviously need in order to let you choose them.
This question has been asked so many times.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think i'd be nice if we adapted some of the features they have over at http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/index.php

You can see some of the similarities their forum has with ours. Some minor but interesting differences is the "recent visitors" box on profile pages and blogs as a tab on your profile similar to that of the friends/about me/statistics tab.

Also, the christmas theme isn't too shabby but its a little too late for that anyways. Maybe next year? =P

Lastly, what I think is a huge 1-up is how well their social groups are. Go ahead and take a look, its much more organized and acts more like a mini forum if anything. Plus their pictures are not limited to just simply brawl snapshots (which seems impractical in the first place seeing as how we don't go about talking about brawl in the majority of the social rooms.)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Actually that's not true. WE only added those icons after BRawl, and then after suggested we added Ylink, Mewtwo and Roy. (Then MLG took over and we're still waiting on anything else to happen)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
You can see some of the similarities their forum has with ours. Some minor but interesting differences is the "recent visitors" box on profile pages and blogs as a tab on your profile similar to that of the friends/about me/statistics tab.

Also, the christmas theme isn't too shabby but its a little too late for that anyways. Maybe next year? =P

Lastly, what I think is a huge 1-up is how well their social groups are. Go ahead and take a look, its much more organized and acts more like a mini forum if anything. Plus their pictures are not limited to just simply brawl snapshots (which seems impractical in the first place seeing as how we don't go about talking about brawl in the majority of the social rooms.)
Recent visitors is disabled here because I think it's creepy. Their blog feature is probably an add-on that we don't use, although we have a blog sidebox thingy that shows off your latest posts. Social groups are indeed a vB upgrade thing. Non-Brawl snapshots are also disabled here intentionally because I didn't want to have to moderate pictures or become a generic picture hosting service.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
^yeah, you have to remove everyone in the group first and then and delete option will be shown next to the edit option.

@KK. Oh, okay.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
About Social groups, you have the ability to change a group's name for a while, I believe, but after a certain time (or maybe it depends on how many people joined) you lose that ability to change the group's name. Is there a way to reacquire that option to change the name of an old group, or should I make another new group?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
About Social groups, you have the ability to change a group's name for a while, I believe, but after a certain time (or maybe it depends on how many people joined) you lose that ability to change the group's name. Is there a way to reacquire that option to change the name of an old group, or should I make another new group?
Yeah, I'd like to know more about this too actually.

Top Bottom