• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Question:
i have had this problem with the boards...on my laptop it won't allow me to got to the page at all it always says "SERVER CAN NOT BE FOUND". Is there a problem with my laptop?is there anything i have to change like cookies or whatever?Yet i can go the boards without any problems on my desktop computer.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
What is the purpose of that little Bowser icon next to my status icon and report spam icon when I post? I'm pretty sure I never had the before...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Onii: It's just the SWF servers being overloaded again. We should be getting a permament fix for that soon.

Wolf: It's just so if you want you can show who you play in Smash. you can change it in User Profile

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
When I set up my sig, with:

[IM G]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/exdarklight/peachbowserjd3.jpg[/IMG]

Without the space of course, it only shows the link in the preview. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a certain amount of posts, etc.?

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been here in a LONG time. But last time I was here, Smashboards had an RPG thing which was a few years back.

1) Do they still do it?
2) Why did they stop (besides the fact it was glitched as hell when I last did it)
3) Will there be more?

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Why does this site seem to time out all the time? It happens at home and at school (on a T3 connection). Or is it just me?

Always and Never

Smash Rookie
THey should sticka thread here called where you can just talk about anything and everything. Like a daily chit-chat of sorts. It would be a great place to meet people.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The Forum Disputes shows new topics on the outside (the logo is lit up)
Curious. I'd imagine if you tried to go into the room, it would change back. But if it's just cosmetic I guess it's just a trivial bug, but not a big deal.

When I set up my sig, with:

[IM G]http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/exdarklight/peachbowserjd3.jpg[/IMG]

Without the space of course, it only shows the link in the preview. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a certain amount of posts, etc.?
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=143757

Is the search broken? I can't search for anything.
Seems to be a bug in the software we're using. Hardware and software upgrades should be forthcoming; hopefully they'll address these issues. In the meantime, try to use search terms that are more restrictive--my guess is that you're getting too many results from your search.

I haven't been here in a LONG time. But last time I was here, Smashboards had an RPG thing which was a few years back.

1) Do they still do it?
2) Why did they stop (besides the fact it was glitched as hell when I last did it)
3) Will there be more?
1) No.
2) It was difficult to maintain, especially whenever we had to upgrade the forums.
3) We don't have any plans to start up the RPG again.

Why does this site seem to time out all the time? It happens at home and at school (on a T3 connection). Or is it just me?
It happens more often during the evening, when traffic is higher. We're waiting on some server upgrades that should improve things.

What do the points beside "Banned" mean? ( i.e: Banned (6 points) )
Basically, nothing; it takes 6 points to get banned. That's all.

THey should sticka thread here called where you can just talk about anything and everything. Like a daily chit-chat of sorts. It would be a great place to meet people.
I think we had some thread somewhat like this, but if you'd like to chat I'd recommend our chat room:
Server
irc.globalgamers.net
Channel

#smashboards

flaco

The Terminator
well I know that myslef don't know how to spell right but I would like to ask is crinsom king ok and matt I have not see them often I do care for people well being?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
What's the best way to find matches? I mean, we cant go making topics everytime we want a match, so how can we ask random people for matches? We can use our finder threads, but that only leads to dittos.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
My online status corrects itself right? Meaning, if Im really seeking a brawl, it'll put me under "Seeking brawl."

Also, how do you put messages under your location?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Please read the posts before yours, as that question is answered twice on the previous page.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Whenever I go to "www.smashboards.com", it changes to "http://76.9.5.204//", this is normal right because of the server change?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Is there a way the admins can get the noisy ad to not appear?

I know I'm not a premie, and for that I have to see ads, but they'd always been subtle and quiet... until now. **** beeping!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, sometimes when I'm looking at a topic for a minute, I get logged out and sometimes when I attempt to log in with the correct user name and password, it doesn't log me in. Help?

Edit: As soon as I posted this reply, I was logged out... :urg:

Grandeza

Smash Master
-this is Grandeza

My friend SSTLT(whose account im on right now) came over a week ago and logged in on the laptop im on right now. When he left I logged him out. I was on my account today and I clicked the link to another thread and as usual it opened in a new tab. When I went into the new tab I realized I was on SSTLT's account. Why did this happen? Also, right now on SSTLT's account it's showing some properties of my account such as listing Grandeza as the first member on the online members list. What's going on?

edit- This is very strange. When I posted it posted as my name yet on top it says speedy sonic toon lucario trainer with his avi.

edit2- Apparently when I clicked the link it opened in a new tab and said i was on SSTLT's account. As soon as I navigated away to another part of the site, it changed back to Grandeza. Weird, but not like I could do anything on his account.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been answered before:

I've seen most users with icons below their avatar/info mostly indicating their mains. How do I put one on mine?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Well, as we all know, you've got a lot of experience there. ;)

I'm continually surprised by how selective the answers to these "official" questions are. The need for administrative competence on the PR side of things is such an absolutely necessary function for a community of this size that it just makes all of Smash World look like a bush league next to both significantly smaller forums, and larger ones too. Kinda like making a wiki on a web-hosting-for-noobs platform like Wikia.
I think he's saying that all questions should be answered, instead of questions just getting answered here and there, like this thread has been going. I agree.

Speaking of which...
Is there a way the admins can get the noisy ad to not appear?

I know I'm not a premie, and for that I have to see ads, but they'd always been subtle and quiet... until now. **** beeping!
Quoting this since it's my question too, so +1 to that. It has never been so **** annoying to win a free laptop.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I have a question, how did Joshisrad write "****" without it being censored?

Binx

Smash Master
Because the sensors have a loophole, but yeah I prolly shouldn't run around telling people how to do it so I wont.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
It's ok someone already explained how to do it on another thread ;)

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
How am i supposed to challenge people in brawl?
Not a personal invitation, but for anyone to accept.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Suggestion:
Change the forum title of the 'Pikmin & Olimar' forum to just 'Olimar', seeing that he's only called Pikmin & Olimar n the Japanese version of the game.

Top Bottom