• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Ganon007

Smash Cadet
I think paying $7 to get a custom avatar (which is all i want) is pretty redundant. Paying that much for signature makes more sense.

Also: How long does it actually take for me to be able to use a picture for my sig?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
How do you get something stickied? Do you have to PM a mod?

If you made a topic regarding one character and put it in one forum, must you get permission from a mod to put it in the other character forum?

Silveraen

Smash Cadet
On another note, I've been inundated recently with PMs about certain signature issues. At the moment our policy is to disallow images in signatures of users who have not yet been particularly active. We do this to discourage abuse of signatures among newly registered accounts, but users who have been around for a short while will gain this ability automatically. So, if an image isn't showing up in your signature because you don't have permission to use IMG tags in your sig, this is most likely the reason why. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
So what is the new criteria for "unlocking" the img tag? What is the amount of time as a member or the min. post count?

flaco

The Terminator
for some weired reason I have noticed inactivity in some staff no offense also would someone answer my question why do I log out automatically

Zema

Smash Journeyman
My PAL Wii doesn't support NTSC (american) GCN games, but I REALLY want to play Super Smash Brothers Melee again... I've seen websites that sell freeloaders, but I want to know if I should buy the GCN Freeloader or the Wii Freeloader.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Since all the official PRoom mods don't actually mod anymore, I'll take care of some of these.

How am i supposed to challenge people in brawl?
Not a personal invitation, but for anyone to accept.
Check out Smashboards' friend finder, at www.smashboards.com/ff

Will forum games be getting a new mod?

Supposedly.
I think paying $7 to get a custom avatar (which is all i want) is pretty redundant. Paying that much for signature makes more sense.

Also: How long does it actually take for me to be able to use a picture for my sig?
Every forum has their way of making money, to keep the forums up. Smashboards relies on ads and premium memberships. Also, images in your signature depend on how long you've been registered here.

How do you get something stickied? Do you have to PM a mod?

If you made a topic regarding one character and put it in one forum, must you get permission from a mod to put it in the other character forum?
Yeah, it all depends on which mod you ask, whether or not they deem it worthy of a sticky, etc.

How do you make links to individual posts?
In the top-right corner of every post is a post number. Click the number, and it'll take you to a window with nothing but the one post.

How does one become a writer (The thingy with a feather)?

I demand an answer, please.
By winning a Write With Your Power contest (found in a sub-forum of the Creative Minds forum), or in some instances, being a writer for the Smashboards News page.

So what is the new criteria for "unlocking" the img tag? What is the amount of time as a member or the min. post count?
Registration date. Not entirely sure how long you need to be registered or anything though, but that's the reasonin'.

Do we have an official IRC channel? If so, what is it? If not, want to create one?
We do. It's #smashboards at irc.globalgamers.net

Can you delete an account? (for this forum) If so, how do you so?
Nope.

My PAL Wii doesn't support NTSC (american) GCN games, but I REALLY want to play Super Smash Brothers Melee again... I've seen websites that sell freeloaders, but I want to know if I should buy the GCN Freeloader or the Wii Freeloader.
Wrong place to ask this question. :p This is for general questions about the forums

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
When I load a webpage, it constantly loads the webpage the last time I visisted it. So if I visited the Broom yesterday, and I click it today, it'll load what I saw yesterday exactly. This also happens in threads, but never on the main page. I just refresh to get today's page, but it's annoying.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flaco said:
man why do I keep logging of without wanting to i just click a thread and I just log off man why?
When you sign in, a cookie is made that keeps you logged into the smashboards under a particular URL. But there's two ways getting to the smashboards: with or without the "www."

When you log in, it keeps you logged under the URL that you saw when you signed in. So sometimes when you click on a thread or button it will switch it on you, effectively logging you out.

Give it a try: type in www.smashboards.com into your browser and sign in. Then click on the smashboards logo in the top left of the page. It will bring you to "http://smashboards.com" and you'll be logged out.

You can "log back in" simply by adding the www. back intot he url, or by signing in under both URL's.

Eor said:
When I load a webpage, it constantly loads the webpage the last time I visisted it. So if I visited the Broom yesterday, and I click it today, it'll load what I saw yesterday exactly. This also happens in threads, but never on the main page. I just refresh to get today's page, but it's annoying.
What browser are you using? Sounds like your browser is caching you previous pages. You can just set it to not do that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I use Firefox. I don't know what you're talking about when you say that, so could you explain? It only does that on smashboards.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
ummm... Try going to the Tools tab, then "Options...", then the Privacy tab, then check the box that says "Always clear my private data when Firefox closes". Then hit the "Settings..." button next to that checkbox and make sure only Cache is selected.

That may just work.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
How do I get rid of this garbage like "Bookmarks" and "Tags"?

And can you automatically accept friend requests?

I assume you can't on both counts, but I don't expect an answer. It's been a long time since SmashBoards has given me a reason to believe that buying a premium membership was ever a good idea.

flaco

The Terminator
Click your avatar at the top > Edit profile picture > Click browse > Choose an image from your computer.

Omg sorry I didnt notice my sig was in my post. Sorry!
In order to avoid confusion, only forum leaders should answer questions. Unless you have a new question or suggestion, please do not post. (If a suggestion is well received, we can create a new thread polling for support for an idea; there's no need to make a post agreeing with an idea.)

question

my avatar was removed earlier why?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Suggestion:
On some vBulletin forums that I've seen, when making a new thread, after you type in the topic (title) of your thread, a list of similar threads will pop up on the top of the page, linking you to previously created threads with similar names/titles. This is done to prevent people from creating threads that have already been made in the past, which is a problem SWF definitely suffers from. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be a great addition to SWF to quell the tide of new threads that inevitably get locked because people didn't do a Search.

R

Roddington

ty D13.

anyone know where to find a list of the characters with the strongest throws?

and for that matter, how to make something bold? (sorry you guys, i just finally joined here about 2 days ago. )

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
my avatar was removed earlier why?
I'm not sure. I didn't remove it.

Suggestion:
On some vBulletin forums that I've seen, when making a new thread, after you type in the topic (title) of your thread, a list of similar threads will pop up on the top of the page, linking you to previously created threads with similar names/titles. This is done to prevent people from creating threads that have already been made in the past, which is a problem SWF definitely suffers from. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be a great addition to SWF to quell the tide of new threads that inevitably get locked because people didn't do a Search.
I tried it out. It's really slow. I don't think it's practical.

anyone know where to find a list of the characters with the strongest throws?

and for that matter, how to make something bold? (sorry you guys, i just finally joined here about 2 days ago. )
http://smashboards.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_posting

As for your other question, you should ask that question in the Brawl rooms, after doing a search. This thread is for forum-related questions and suggestions only.

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
I was directed here by a kind Mod. How do I open a forum poll? Do I require a larger post count before I am eligible to? Or am I missing something? Thank you for your time.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
they definetly aren't, I know mods definetly can. Not sure about normal members. I'll try and find out.

Top Bottom