• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Smashboards Questions Thread. Ask site-related questions here. (Staff answers preferred)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Unless it's just started in the last few hours, I'd be willing to say it's something on your computer, Vesp.

Flaco: Be a lot more clear when reporting errors please, I have no idea what you mean by relogin. Login to the website? Reload a page?

Macrofly: User CP -> Edit Options and it's under Messaging & Notification

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why do we have to wait 20 seconds between each search, it gets really annoying when I'm trying to search for certain posts.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well, the pop-up ad thing, only happens while I'm here and I already scanned my computer and I read that the site that promotes these things, does hack boards and chat rooms in order to attract people.
Strange. You're the first person to have these pop-ups.

F8Al: I'm not sure, it might have been done to keep he search stabalised since I know it was really buggy and had to be completly redone from scratch a few months back.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I used to get these message too when i was premie but i tought it was normal why does tha happened my friend?
The private message pop-up has been happening to me a lot, too.

I've found that you can temporarily fix it by turning off pop-up notifications and turning them right back on, but a real server-side fix would of course be very nice.

Another suggestion: Fix the "Quick Reply" thing. Whenever you have a post with a special character (for example, the Russian letters I posted in a recent post) the "Quick Reply" doesn't work. You have to "Go Advanced", and post it from there. I have no idea why this is, and it's annoying. The same thing happens when you try to edit a post without "going advanced".

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ummm I cannot seem to change my signature, the message it gives me is:

"Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /profile.php could not be found on this server.
Apache/1.3.39 Server at www.smashboards.com Port 80"

EDIT: Nvm, it has seemed to fixed itself now. Weird.

SuperShrine

Smash Rookie
Hello! Do you know how can I erase a message?:confused: Please tell me, accidentaly I have maken a mistake...Thank You

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Why do we have to wait 20 seconds between each search, it gets really annoying when I'm trying to search for certain posts.
Search needs more work in general. It doesn't let you search for half the words in the English language because they're considered too "short or common."

I mean come on...you can't search a thread for most??

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Most is a very common word, I don't really see why that would need to be searched for. Unless you're thinking of Moast.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Just a quick question to the mods, but is it possible to lock a thread and then unlock it later?

...and a follow-up... Would it be necessary to make a "collaboration" thread in the Brawl room where the community comes upon how you unlock the characters, stages, etc.?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Actually, McFox recently returned to the forums. Keep a look out for his posts.

Please keep questions in this topic limited to aspects of the board, not questions about specific members.
He's not a real person is he? I've read that it's an account that the BRoomers use.

flaco

The Terminator
Actually, McFox recently returned to the forums. Keep a look out for his posts.

Please keep questions in this topic limited to aspects of the board, not questions about specific members.
sory man i just worry about some members and some mods

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Okay, I'll ask that second question more clearly (and have a reason to take out a pointless post)

Would SWF benefit from a sticky where players post their unlocks, the community kinda debates how likely it is, somebody tests it out, then a conclusion is made about it? Also, would that be more of a SBR thread?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I noticed that in the User CP, under group memberships, BRoomers is listed under the groups you can apply for. Is that new? I don't recall the Back Room being a group you can directly apply for like that. The admission process (or lack there-of) didn't change did it?

flaco

The Terminator
question what are those numbers right next to people name on the voting also what would you get if you get selected in the voting?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I noticed that in the User CP, under group memberships, BRoomers is listed under the groups you can apply for. Is that new? I don't recall the Back Room being a group you can directly apply for like that. The admission process (or lack there-of) didn't change did it?
I think, a while back (before 05), the Broom use to regularly look at everyone who applied and see who they liked. I'm not sure, because I know earlier in that, when I first joined (02), you had to do an interview with TBC, but I've looked into earlier broom threads where they did that. But either way, the only way for a person to be let into a group is for them to apply first, I think, except for certain ones like writers. Actually, I have no idea how it works for some groups, but the short answer is that applying doesn't hurt/help your chance, we don't even look at it, we have a different way of doing it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's just there because that's the way the coding of the site works.

Flaco: No idea. Might be the user Registration number.

Blackwaltz: When it's done.

Brawl and Watch: You have to have premium membership.

Watertails: People are going to know in a very short time after it's Japanese release how to unlock them ;)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm currently getting errors when I try to search, it gives me the follow message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/smash/public_html/search.php on line 1028

That or it goes to a blank screen and if I press back it tells me that I didn't enter anything and I have to wait like 20 seconds...help?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How would I "apply" to be a BRoomer?
You don't really, you'll just get noticed and then suggested later when we feel he need for new blood.

How do you put images in your posts? Just wondering if anyone could answer me in a PM?
First, have the image uploaded somewhere (I use www.imageshack.us myself)

then get the url of the image and then stick it HERE[/imgg] but only with 1g in the last bit.

F8al: No idea, sorry, gonna need Kiki to look into that.

flaco

The Terminator
mic could you do me a favor well a question in my signature I have my pic with the hat could I change my ostume to that picture as a avatar?If I could that be awsome guys

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Will the custom avatar ever be free? I don't see why that sort of thing should be charged.
You don't pay for it, we give it to you to show our thanks for you donating. We don't allow everyone to change their avatars at will because, with so many people, it causes a strain on our servers, as well as the fact that it's hard to police so many avatars with so many members.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I keep on getting a pop-up message in my browser even through I have "block pop-up windows" enabled, I got the PM yesterday and I've already checked it out and it still says that it is new:

"http://www.smashboards.com

You have a new private message.

Sender: [insert member here]
Title: [insert title here]

Click OK to view it, or cancel to hide this prompt."

Help, cause it's REALLY annoying.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Are the forums down just because there is so many people on at once? Is there a way to get around all the slowness with loading? Sorry I don't use forums much.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
F8alL Go to user cp -> options then under Messaging & Notification look for Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up and uncheck it.

onii-chan: Smash Directors must be able to provide a link to a thread about a tournament they're hosting when applying, and I can't remember the others that you need to do anything for.

Foe: We're aware of the slowdown and are working to get it fixed. Believe me, we aren't enjoying the slowdown either.

Top Bottom